The Paul McKenna Thread Number 13 ~ the Good Luck Number! A Simple Title, for Simple Weight Loss and All amongst Friends!!

(940 Posts)
Solo Wed 11-Sep-13 14:49:47

Welcome to thread 13 of the Paul McKenna's I Can Make You Thin weight loss system.

The Golden Rules that will aid you on your journey with our like minded friendly support system are:

1. Eat what you WANT
2. Eat when you are HUNGRY
3. Eat CONSCIOUSLY
4. STOP eating when you are satisfied and full

This weight loss system is about re-educating your body; learning to listen to it and in doing so losing weight and inches. After all, eating a meal is not a competition, it's about enjoying what you are putting into your mouth, but not feeling bloated and uncomfortable (or guilty) afterwards!
Many people have issues around food. Many of us have been brought up by the 'clear your plate' parents of yesteryear which leave us feeling guilty if we leave even the smallest morsel of food, but we are working through this guilt or any other hang up we may have, and we are learning to leave a bit on the plate; return to it another time if we really want to or even feed it to the dog or the bin!
So!! forget diets; they may work for a while, but they aren't permanent solutions. This is a new way of living for your brand new life!! Let's get lighter for those Christmas outfits!!

The Paul McKenna system really works and is easy to maintain.

I've C&P'd our previous threads links as they are helpful.

Here are the book choices on AMAZON which is all you need to get started! they aren't compulsory, but they do help! it's something to refer to and listening to the cd's can really focus you.

This is the tapping technique EXPLAINED - this can be useful to combat cravings.

You don't have to buy the book and CD, but we have found that they do help and somehow they keep you on track, so it would probably be a good investment and will cost you far less than a couple of trips to WW or SW meetings, so do consider having them in your life.

Please feel free to join us, whether it's 10lbs or 10 stones you want to lose.
We are friendly, supportive and successful, but we're not hungry and that is a great way to feel when you are dropping dress sizes at the same time!!! so come on in and start living your new life today and make 2013 your year to drop a dress size or several...if we can get those lbs off a few at a time, just think how we could look and feel for Christmas and The New Year!!!
Some of our thread members are also doing PMK's Virtual Gastric Band and although this thread is not about this avenue, we will still be supportive of our friends partaking of this, so don't think we wont be there for you. I'm pretty sure that the Golden Rules will be just as helpful in this process as the I Can Make You Thin process smile so get stuck in smile

Solo Fri 29-Nov-13 17:55:56

This is daft! pp has gone Rules so I can't see the need for you to go too sad that's not necessary surely?!

HALF it's nice to see you again smile ad's are obviously necessary for many people. I've had the need of them myself on many occasions in years gone by; it's nothing to be ashamed of at all.
I'm glad you are coping better smile and it would be lovely to have you back to contributing on here. I'm a bit envious of your exercise regime too!

Jellybean456 Fri 29-Nov-13 18:35:32

I think we need to draw a line under all this and move on, otherwise there will be no one left on this thread.

Sometimes people say things that they don't realise can upset others, and it's not until it's mentioned that they are aware of it, and probably feel awful.

I'm no angel and know that I've said things in the past to people that have hurt them. But it's usually been in ignorance, and I've never repeated it.

This was a lovely thread to read through when I joined, and you all made it lovely. It would be sad if people left because of a few things said unintentionally.

It would be great just to get back to the subject of PM, rather than carry on about things that people have said. Draw a line under it all, I say, and move forward. Everyone on here is lovely and supportive.

Solo Fri 29-Nov-13 18:40:12

I agree entirely Jelly and was just about to write that myself "I think we need to draw a line under all this and move on, otherwise there will be no one left on this thread."

The good news for me is that I've lost 6 1/4lbs! I'm very chuffed!! and just need to continue in this vein!

MillyRules Fri 29-Nov-13 18:58:04

I was just sending you a message to say exactly that Solo....Although it wasn't my intention, I feel nasty after what Faith said. Maybe I have become too obsessed with PMing just as it is but I feel I want it to work without having to do other diets.
Anyway, Im sorry if I have offended anyone in the process. smile

MillyRules Fri 29-Nov-13 19:00:24

Solo hearing you have lost 6lbs is lovely and very positive for us all.
As I said, sorry if it seemed like I was throwing my dummy out or whatever the saying is . lol!!

Solo Fri 29-Nov-13 19:45:19

Ok, here's mine!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NEXXXXXXTT!

MillyRules Fri 29-Nov-13 19:51:18

Mine!!!!!!!!

Jellybean456 Fri 29-Nov-13 22:22:28

6 1/4lbs Solo, that is fantastic news! Well done!!

Have you been doing anything different?, or extraordinary well?

Need as many tips as possible. Too scared to weigh myself, as have been feeling good in myself the last couple of days. Don't want to ruin that feeling.

MillyRules Fri 29-Nov-13 23:47:59

Jelly if you weigh yourself don't judge yourself . You have only restarted the last couple of days.

Solo Sat 30-Nov-13 00:39:00

Actually, I've been unwell and stayed in bed all day for a good part of the week mumsnetting so I haven't eaten copious amounts of crap! that'd do it I guess!

Loving your gorgeously straight line Rules! wink

Jelly there really is no need to weigh yourself. Judge your losses by the fit of your clothes! I used to love that feeling of clothes falling off! and I'm determined to recognise that feeling again! smile

MillyRules Sat 30-Nov-13 01:03:42

You have a lovely line there too Solo...bet Paul would love it...snigger snigger !!!wink

Jellybean456 Sat 30-Nov-13 09:14:23

Morning all!

Hope you're feeling better now Solo. Who'd have known you fancy Paul. Must be his hypnotic voice. You never know, he might be a lurker on these sights, especially regarding his books.

I know that I would be, if I devised something like this. I'd want to see how people were following it!

Not eaten yet this morning. However when getting DD her breakfast, I smelt the bread and fancied it. Saw the bananas hanging up, tasted it in my head and fancied one. Saw the choc nuttall, again tasted it in my head and fancied it. But had none, just a coffee latte and came on here.

I like reading in the mornings, catching up, and had an old habit of eating my toast whilst reading. Not anymore.

I'll have a coffee instead, eat when I'm hungry, and eat when not reading or doing anything else.

Going to buy some chewy bits today, fruit and nuts, more fruit and chew, chew, chew!!!

Have a mindful, chewing, conscious eating day everyone xx

Jellybean456 Sat 30-Nov-13 10:51:25

10.46 and feeling peckish. Just had a banana mindfully. How do you manage to chew a bite of a ripe banana 20 times. I only managed 14 each bite Lol xx

Jellybean456 Sat 30-Nov-13 10:59:56

Ps. In a chatty mood. Two good bits in the daily mail today. One about how denying yourself chocolate or things that you like lead you to binge and put on weight. In a study they found that those that felt guilty after eating choc cake, were more likely to binge because of the feelings of guilt and failure, rather than those that allowed themselves to eat this without feelings of guilt.

And another article on a well known chef called Heston who controls his rages by mindful eating. The article further mentioned more about mindful eating and how it is used to control obesity. Plus a bit more on Buddhism? And mindfulness

MillyRules Sat 30-Nov-13 15:37:48

Jelly well done for the mindful eating this morning. Interesting article about mindful eating.......smile
When you think about it, mindful eating gives the same results as calorie watching IYSWIM . Only with PM you learn how to listen to when your body truly needs those calories. So let's say you had a big breakfast, your body doesn't require food again till much later if you wait for the true hunger signal.

MillyRules Sat 30-Nov-13 15:43:25

BUT of course calorie counting is unhealthy because you then are not in touch with your own body requirements.

MillyRules Sat 30-Nov-13 15:48:48

I am aware when I do this WOE properly that I might stop st a couple of bites of something rather than eat the whole lot of it just because it's there. I feel satisfied after a few bites and can stop there. I'm satisfied . I try and do this approach with everything I eat and then at the end of the day I realise that I have taken in a lot less food than normal by stopping after maybe half a sandwich or half a banana or half a chocolate bar or half a muffin......does that make sense.

MillyRules Sat 30-Nov-13 15:50:48

It's natural mindful self centered calorie counting without any external pressure.

Jellybean456 Sat 30-Nov-13 16:14:46

Yes exactly Milly. You are doing it as it should be done.

My toddler naturally eats like this. Today she had a special St Andrews McDonalds cheeseburger meal in our local pub. She ate a bit of everything she liked on the plate, and devoured my cucumber slices which she loves. She left loads on the plate, but promptly told me that she did'nt want anymore as she was full.

I asked her if she wanted ice cream ( her favourite), but no she said, she did'nt want anything as she was full.

Me, I ate my meal, but still not totally sure when I feel full, although left my salad.

I want an off switch like my daughters, which she does without any effort. Mine is with lots of effort.

I like the idea that this is like calorie counting but using mindfulness instead. Not as much effort really when you look at it like that.

MillyRules Sat 30-Nov-13 16:19:52

Glad you had a nice day Jelly. We were like our children once before someone or something came along and made food confusing.

MillyRules Sat 30-Nov-13 16:24:29

It's not an easy process to tune into your natural hunger signals. With me, I once went without food for twenty four hours because I was ill, I definatelt knew what true hunger was then. I felt like I could eat everything BUT surprisingly after half a roast beef sandwich my true hunger had been satisfied and I stopped. I try and remember that feeling whenever I'm stuck. If I'm not sure then I'm definitely not hungry any more.

Solo Sun 01-Dec-13 02:10:50

Good morning all!! grin I know, I know! it's too early, but I'm coughing away here sad. Still unwell.

Eating soft foods can be quite hard (ha ha), but with say a banana, chew for your 14 chews, swallow, then count another 6 seconds or more if you want to. It's also about the speed we eat you see.

I was always lovely and slim before I had my daughter because I always ate so slowly (I think that was the reason), but I left nothing on my plate! I was brought up by the clear your plate brigade sadly. I don't force my children to eat what they don't want to eat...chance would be a fine thing with Ds; he's always hungry! but Dd only eats when she's hungry and stops at full.

MillyRules Sun 01-Dec-13 02:17:24

Morning Solo......well its here!!!!!! DECEMBER.....CHRISTMAS....How many presents have you all bought already. I have bought 3 DahDah!!
Advent Calendars at the ready!!!

Sorry your still sickly Solo, think you have passed it to me through the power of the interweb. I have a achey neck (from where I had a bad bad car accident nearly a year ago and was cut from my car ), achy teeth, headachy etc. Even my spelling has gone to pot.

MillyRules Sun 01-Dec-13 02:18:12

I find that the older I get when I get a cold all my old war wounds start to hurt. Anyone else get that?

Solo Sun 01-Dec-13 11:11:00

yes! December...I really hate the winter and the cold and ice and snow...

How old are you Rules ? I am almost 50, but have had the rheumatic types of aches and pains since my early 20's. I'm a motorcyclist you see.

My cough is getting worse. Will have to cancel my dental appointment yet again as they ask you not to attend if you have a cough or cold.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now