"Somebody ate Monica"

(154 Posts)
mrsfiddymont Mon 19-Aug-13 09:58:30

That would be me sad.

I have weighed in this morning at 12 2, my heaviest EVER. I have hovered around 11 10 for over a year, not doing anything about it. This morning I could actually cry, I would if the dcs were not here.

In the grand scheme of things I know this isn't the end of the world but dear god I'm feeling every pounds of it today. I am hoping that by starting this I can make myself accountable and achieve better health, knees and back are bad. I am away shortly and need to make good choices, don't want fad diet, just sensible eating and exercise. I'm just rambling now but needed to get this down.

MrsPMT Wed 27-Nov-13 10:05:12

congrats kittens hope all goes well for you smile

teaandkittens Fri 22-Nov-13 17:43:47

Thanks! Only 5 weeks! I'm really excited but equally terrified. grin

Wishfulmakeupping Thu 21-Nov-13 19:40:06

Wow congrats kittens smile how far gone are you

teaandkittens Thu 21-Nov-13 19:02:27

sorry I've been missing. ..I just found out I am pg!! grin

so probably won't carry on with the weight loss thing as it may not work that well....Might see you all in 9 months!

Good luck everyone smile

MrsPMT Wed 20-Nov-13 13:11:04

Hi Wishful that's fab, you're doing really well.

Haven't lost any for a couple of weeks, still around 11 stone, which is fine (healthy) but I had hoped to continue to lose, will see. Have upped my walking but not really done any other exercise.

Wishfulmakeupping Tue 19-Nov-13 20:23:08

Hi how is everyone getting on? I'm down to 12.8 so have lost 5 lbs in last 3 weeks. Really would love to lose the 8 and be 12 stone by the time I return to work on 6th jan that would be so good

Wishfulmakeupping Wed 13-Nov-13 18:57:04

Hi I am! How are you getting on?
We are in the middle of movibg house so have been livibg off micro meals and grabbing bits of toast but have been busy so it could have gone either way. The scales are packed so I don't know!!
How about you all?

MrsPMT Wed 13-Nov-13 16:56:50

Anybody still here?

MrsPMT Thu 07-Nov-13 10:13:35

Hi Bestest, welcome to the thread smile

I am doing similar, not a specific 'diet' but healthyish eating, no snacking except fruit and occasional indulgences (like takeaways & wine grin) and upping my exercise.

I do about 40 mins to an hour dog walk daily and occasional exercise dvds, was doing zumba but had to stop as it wasn't agreeing with my old bones grin

My weight loss is really slowing, which is normal I think as you get towards 'healthy' bodyweight instead of 'overweight'. I think I need to up my exercise (find a exercise dvd that suits and do it at least 2x a week) as stopping zumba probably not helping.

Was chuffed to get some new jeans last week in a size smaller than I usually buy, still a 14 but used to only fit 'big' 14s or 16. All my 16s are now far to big and some of my 14s are loose now, yippee! grin

Wishfulmakeupping Mon 04-Nov-13 10:10:21

Do you alternate the exercises bestest supposed to be good to try new ones mix them up - again I've not done this but its just what I've gathered from watching too much tv

Wishfulmakeupping Mon 04-Nov-13 10:08:43

Welcome! Well done on weight loss so far smile and well done mrs on getting bmi to healthy that's a great milestone smile
Im sure someone will come along with some good advice I'm literally just cutting out rubbish and walking everywhere so not following any diet as such- how is your protein intake?

BestestBrownies Mon 04-Nov-13 08:39:14

Hi everyone, mind if I join?

I've lost 10 kilos over the last 9 months, but have plateaued for almost 2 of them and really want to shift another 5 kilos.

I have been exercising a lot and have gone from a UK size 14/16 to a 10/12 (my goal is to be an 8/10). My body shape has changed a lot, and I realise I've gained muscle which is heavier than fat, but I just seem to be stuck sad

I'm not following any special diet. Just eating healthily (nothing processed, lots of fish and salad, occasional carbs and occasional treats), and exercising regularly (squash, swimming, the occasional BodyPump class).

Does anyone have any useful tips/advice for kick-starting my weight loss again?

MrsPMT Sun 03-Nov-13 12:39:03

have nc (SpTGD)

Well done Wishful and tea

Am 11 stone this week, BMI 24.8, officially 'healthy' yaay! grin

Agree to the M&S meals, I like the 'fuller longer' range.

Wishfulmakeupping Fri 01-Nov-13 19:34:02

Thanks tea. Well done on weigh in that's fab.
I do like m and s meals not tried the low fat ones so will give them a try smile

teaandkittens Fri 01-Nov-13 18:01:15

congrats on the 12 stones wishful! And good luck with the house move, hopefully you'll be so busy you wont have time to eat too much. microwave meals are probably better than takeaways! Try the healthy ones from m&s, yes they're not cheap but they'll feel like a treat smile

weigh in today 11.8. bmi not obese any more! Would love to be 11 by Christmas. possible? Yes as long as i don't go mad at the weekends...eek.

How was everyone else's weigh ins? and apologies for atrocious grammar, my phone is not behaving.

Wishfulmakeupping Wed 30-Oct-13 18:03:03

It's a real boost when people notice isn't it smile
I know its not fri but weighed myself and I'm 12.13 I'm 12 something that feels so much better than 13 something or 15 something which is where I started.
Next couple of weeks will be a test moving house so I can foretell a lot of micro dinners and takeaways while we are sorting things out need to be good

SparkyTGD Sun 27-Oct-13 18:41:33

Hi tea [waves] smile

I've had a couple of occasions where people have commented on my weight loss, I still think I look big but it does make me feel better that people notice.

teaandkittens Sat 26-Oct-13 20:45:40

Thanks wishful I had a great time smile unfortunately it shows on my stomach and thighs ha

no idea what the office is like but I've planned my lunches and done the ocado shop plus teas are all sorted too.

My last office was unhealthy too but full of people constantly obsessing about diets etc.... hopefully the new one will be a bit less fixated (there are more blokes so fingers crossed))

Wishfulmakeupping Sat 26-Oct-13 20:30:47

Did you have a nice holiday though?
New job new start hopefully its a healthy office mine is terrible constantly biscuits/chocolates so its so hard to be good when there's so much temptation!!

teaandkittens Sat 26-Oct-13 16:37:17

I'm still around, been on holiday! To Italy. Pizza... ice cream... pastries....booze..... Then I came home to a letter from the gp inviting me to a weight management group.

sad

I could actually cry.

Monday I start a new job. So I will start a new eating regime too. I am so sick of being so fat.
#whinge

Wishfulmakeupping Fri 25-Oct-13 13:29:22

Hi Sparky still here. I'm hoping I've stayed the same as I don't think I've been as healthy as I should and my daily walks are down to 3 times a week- going to weigh myself and report back hope I've not gained!!

SparkyTGD Fri 25-Oct-13 09:43:04

Hope everyone hasn't fallen off the bandwagon sad

You still here Wishful? How are you getting on?

I have really plateaued for a couple of weeks, still 11st 2, need to do some more exercise (not been doing much lately) to try & shift some more. Have been eating pretty healthy.

Wishfulmakeupping Sat 19-Oct-13 22:17:49

It's hard to break the comfort eating habit I don't think I'm anywhere near doing it- there is a strong link for me between emotions and food. Its tough but if we are trying and are conscious about it I think that's a big step Sparky

SparkyTGD Sat 19-Oct-13 21:48:19

Hi Wishful, haven't weighed myself this week as I have my period & think that would affect it.

Still doing ok eating wise, hoping I can stay on track, in the past I have done so for a while and then some kind of life event/illness happens & I'm back to 'comfort eating' again and accepting it.

I try to still do the same walks, even in the rain (dog not too impressed at first but if we go somewhere she likes its fine grin)

Wishfulmakeupping Sat 19-Oct-13 21:42:09

Hi sparky I weighed myself fri I was 13.2 so 1/2 up from earlier in the week but still down overall. I finding it a bit tough with the weather I used to going for long walks with my dd in the pram but trying to fit in little walk inbetween the rain so need to do something about exercising?!
How are things going sparky?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now