"Somebody ate Monica"

(154 Posts)
mrsfiddymont Mon 19-Aug-13 09:58:30

That would be me sad.

I have weighed in this morning at 12 2, my heaviest EVER. I have hovered around 11 10 for over a year, not doing anything about it. This morning I could actually cry, I would if the dcs were not here.

In the grand scheme of things I know this isn't the end of the world but dear god I'm feeling every pounds of it today. I am hoping that by starting this I can make myself accountable and achieve better health, knees and back are bad. I am away shortly and need to make good choices, don't want fad diet, just sensible eating and exercise. I'm just rambling now but needed to get this down.

englishteacher78 Mon 26-Aug-13 12:54:49

Weekly result: 8 1/2lbs off. Won't be anywhere near that next Monday and I need to prepare myself for that. If it's a pound off next week that's still a win!

Wishfulmakeupping Mon 26-Aug-13 13:00:27

It's was my bday so I've been eating utter crap all weekend but I was sorting out my work clothes- going back to work soon after 9 months mat leave and my pre pregnacy work clothes are all too big. I was a size 16-18 before I got pregnant And now a 14-16 still got a way to go would like to lose another 15-20 pounds but it felt good to see all my old trousers hanging off. Lets keep going ladies smile

mrsfiddymont Tue 27-Aug-13 21:27:28

Just checking in from my holiday....

delia I am eating and drinking everything and feeling no guilt and lots of pleasure grin.

wishful happy birthday thankswinecake

englishteacher OMG!! fantastic

mrsfiddymont Tue 03-Sep-13 09:18:30

englishteacher how did you manage such a big loss?

wishful how was the return to work?

Feeling quite low today, checked into my old MFP account from two years ago and my starting weight was 10 4....boy oh boy have I let myself go sad.

Wishfulmakeupping Tue 03-Sep-13 09:26:01

Hi mrs try not to look back I know its hard but you need to focus on now. How are things going?
I'm not going back to work until dec I was being very organised and clearing out my wardrobes of old clothes when I do go back I'll need all new. I've not done well this week and last been eating micro meals so stopping that from today don't even like them they're rank!

mrsfiddymont Tue 03-Sep-13 09:37:37

Wow, you are organised grin.

Pre-packed meals are awful, pretty tasteless in the main.

I had a good day yesterday food wise but really shouldn't have looked a mfp grinsad...onwards and hopefully the scale will go downwards.

mrsfiddymont Sat 07-Sep-13 08:43:48

weighed in at 11 12 today, not had a great couple of days. Had to go out in shapewear the other day just to get my jeans on sad, dear me it was uncomfortable.

Back to work next week so will spend some time this weekend planning food for next week. Hopefully work won't be stressful that I resort to wine and crisps [mydownfall].

How's everyone doing?

englishteacher78 Sat 07-Sep-13 12:08:56

Big first week loss due to doing absolutely no exercise for two weeks (on holiday) and then doing my usual 6/7 days hard work and a 5 mile race on the Sunday. If it helps I put a pound back on the next week. This week's going much better hoping for at least 2lbs by Monday.

Wishfulmakeupping Sat 07-Sep-13 12:19:08

Not weighed myself since thurs (trying to not do it everyday) and I was 1 down which is ok considering I've not been walking everyday and I've eaten pasta galore. This week I'm going to walk everyday even if I don't improve the food situation.
Is anyone else doing much exercise feel like I should be doing some

englishteacher78 Sat 07-Sep-13 12:28:40

At the moment I do a Kettlebell class on Monday, Tuesday is TRX/Kettlebell and threshold run, Wednesday is boxercise, Thursday is hills session followed by TRX, Friday is my PT session, Sunday is long run.

Wishfulmakeupping Sat 07-Sep-13 12:34:59

Wow how lazy do I feel now lol. Is it helping speed up your weight loss a lot english?
How much have both you lady got to lose to get to your target if you don't mind me asking.
My goalposts have changed I wanted to lose another 13lbs when would take me down to my lowest adult weight still around a size 14 I think I'd like to lose more like 7-10lbs on top of that which should leave me a 12-14 which I think will suit me as I'm tall and hourglass figure so I'm never going to get smaller than a 12 anyway iyswim

englishteacher78 Sat 07-Sep-13 15:06:05

I want to get back to a size 10-12. To do so I'm looking at trying to lose just under two stone - even though I'm only a 12-14 - I seem to be quite dense. Always used to annoy me to read about people losing 7lbs and one or two dress sizes!

mrsfiddymont Mon 09-Sep-13 17:03:48

Crikey, you two are good with the exercising...me, not so blush.

Weigh in this morning was 11 10 but have to admit that I'm not sure how accurate the old scales are. I have been 11 10 and back so many times that I really need to get the numbers going down. Managed to avoid the wine and snacks isle at the supermarket today which was a massive achievement I kid you not!

englishteacher78 Mon 09-Sep-13 17:45:12

Weighed in this morning 12 1/2lbs off in 3 weeks. Would probably have been more but had lovely roast dinner and pudding for lunch yesterday and then a bit of DH's Indian yesterday night. grin

mrsfiddymont Mon 09-Sep-13 18:49:07

englishteacher I am envy. grin.

Wishfulmakeupping Mon 09-Sep-13 19:11:46

Can't weigh myself as batteries in scales run out (really not an excuse) am interested as I feel like I've lost but been eating biscuits like mad and went out for meal yesterday.

mrsfiddymont Sat 14-Sep-13 08:13:11

11 9 today grin

Wishfulmakeupping Sat 14-Sep-13 17:27:31

Going to weigh myself shortly think this will be bad - I've still been walking everywhere but I've aye an obscene amount if biscuits this week blush

mrsfiddymont Sat 14-Sep-13 17:47:21

wishful got my fingers crossed for you smile

Wishfulmakeupping Sat 14-Sep-13 18:35:21

Bugger I'm 3 more than just before my bday but I've not bf much today hopefully its the milk making me weigh more <wishful thinking>

Wishfulmakeupping Sat 14-Sep-13 18:37:49

Damn you shortbread biscuits I blame you entirely for my demise

mrsfiddymont Sun 15-Sep-13 10:27:50

grin same to the crisps I ate last night blush.

I have not been under 11 9 in at least a year, this is always the point where I start losing and gaining the same old few pounds, obviously the crisps won't be helping confused. Am thinking that a couple of days of soup may just be in order.

tibni Sun 15-Sep-13 21:43:16

Can I join you please? - I need to face up to needing to lose some weight. Went to gym today and I am 11 10, the heaviest I have ever been. 10 - 10.7 is much better for me.

Life has been very hectic and work and family balance got lost somewhere among the way. I went from working out 4 times a week to a weekly social hang out at gym with very little effort blush. And my food intake has been plain greedy! So tomorrow is a new day and excuses must stop!

mrsfiddymont Mon 16-Sep-13 15:24:53

Welcome tibni, we are about the same weight but you are a gym bunny and I am not grin.

englishteacher78 Mon 16-Sep-13 16:42:43

I'm a stone heavier than you two at the minute! And just bought a lovely dress for Christmas - better head to the gym then!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now