Anyone else with alot of weight to lose?

(1000 Posts)
HenriettaPye Wed 07-Aug-13 09:24:55

Today is a big day for me, a turning point! I've always been 'big' however have just been getting bigger and bigger. I want to lose 6 stone- starting from today.

Anyone else in the same boat who would like to swap inspiration and tips? Today I've planned to eat healthily and go for a nice long walk grin

Sirzy Mon 19-Aug-13 16:48:41

Hope your ok Mia.

Lizzy - i think in a strange way overeating/eating the wrong things is a sort of addiction. It is so hard to change habits and improve things take an awful lot of will power.

LegoAcupuncture Mon 19-Aug-13 17:21:44

Oh Mia, that sounds painful, hope you're ok.

All "newbies* I am yellowcanary123 on mfp if you want to add me.
I agree with others addiction theory, I know I have an addictive personality hence never tried smoking or drugs etc!! I've found directing those addictive habits at the positives really helped (though does make me a little obsessive at times). Currently I am 'addicted' to calorie counting and running! Was very hard for first few weeks then started to become habit.

Mia - that sounds horrible, hope you're ok!

ChippingInHopHopHop Mon 19-Aug-13 17:56:11

Mia OUCH!! Hope you haven't damaged your wrist!

Hi to all the new joiners smile

I have STS again this week despite being a paragon of virtue - sigh - but here for the long run, so have to just 'hold the faith' (of low carbing). Low carbing works for me where low calorie didn't - so can't complain smile

phantomhairpuller Mon 19-Aug-13 19:47:00

Evening all grin

I've not been on since Friday and there seems to be lots of new joiners since then- so hello to you all <waves>

Not such a great weekend for me, it started out well but then cider got the better of me- in rather copious amounts blush
Back to it today, and I've done day 1 of the shred- WOW! I'm even more unfit than I thought I was!!

Hope you've all had a great day.
Mia, I hope your wrist is ok hmm

IsaacCox Mon 19-Aug-13 19:53:33

That ki fit looks good Mia. Ouch hope you're ok flowers

Wow LayMizz envy Need a travel companion for 5 weeks? grin

Welcome new people smile I'm ZoeC1990 if anyone wants to add me on MFP.

I've had a great day today- I got in and did up a pair of size 16 skinny jeans! (Plus they were pretty comfortable) happy days grin

Just back from a 5k run with lots of hills! We've a lovely running group in our village which caters for all abilities - it has been my life saver! Tonight I managed (just!!) to keep up with the medium speed runners and didn't have to stop. I am so happy with myself! re my previous post, it is this feeling I find addictive (luckily)! 4 weeks ago I couldn't do 1k without stopping for a rest - beaming now and really looking forward to next run!

Sorry just re-read and that post above and it sounds really boastful! Apologies, didn't mean it to, just over enthusiastic!

IsaacCox Mon 19-Aug-13 20:00:36

That's not boastful at all Yellow, it's amazing. Well done smile

Sirzy Mon 19-Aug-13 20:00:45

Boast away Yellow. it sound fab!

IKnewHouseworkWasDangerous Mon 19-Aug-13 21:05:23

You have progressed that far in 4 weeks! I would be shouting that from the roof tops!

LayMizzRarb Mon 19-Aug-13 21:47:10

Be loud and proud Yellow!

magentastardust Mon 19-Aug-13 23:41:36

Well today was day 1 -managed the food side of things , haven't started my exercise yet but once the kids are back to school and I only have my littlest at home it will be easier to get into a routine.

Have filled in MFP to keep me on track -hopefully in 11 months time I will be 3 stone lighter !

BirdingWidow Tue 20-Aug-13 06:03:34

Well, we're back from our weekend away and for the most part I didn't fill in MFP as I didn't have a clue about the calories in what I was eating. Tried to make a few good choices though and drank v little booze. (I did, however, let myself go at the wedding caterer's tasting and ate my share of the desserts - but they were worth it).

Still haven't got going with any exercise but I need to do some frenzied gardening this week whenever the baby lets me as the inlaws are coming for lunch and they will want to see what I have done with the garden (currently that is best described as 'let it be taken over by weeds'... MIL won't approve!

Will weigh tomorrow with everyone else.

MiaWallace Tue 20-Aug-13 06:24:17

Thanks for the kind words ladies.

I feel battered and bruised but I have more movement in my wrist today which is a good thing.

Well done on your running achievements Yellow. I so want to be a runner.

Daily reminder: I want to be able to run in the teachers race for sports day. The children in my class were so disappointed because I refused to join in this year.

Is everyone else having trouble accessing MFP?

LayMizzRarb Tue 20-Aug-13 08:16:16

Thought for the day : a little work done now, and you won't feel so miserable choosing what to wear for Christmas! It doesn't have to be that way. If you put the effort in now, it will be different this year!

Hi Mia, I've found MFP really slow and not wanting to load, so isn't just you.

DH and I had an interesting conversation last night. I was saying that I was enjoying losing the weight and therefore feeling better about myself again. He said he thought it was almost the other way, he says I use weight/ food to bully and punish myself. He said whenever something else is going wrong or I am stressed I push myself too hard, diet and think I look dreadful, this doesn't change whether I am size 10 or 16. He said I take all frustrations out on my weight and size regardless and (here's the sweet bit!) he wished I could just look in the mirror and see the beautiful person he saw - bless him! He said he worried by how much my weight/ self image is tied up with other stresses in life. After ds1 I had a slow weight loss at gentle pace as life was pretty much perfect, and though we still have a great life we have run into some financial and family (linked) difficulties this year which have been really hard. So after ds2 I have really hammered at the weight loss and been much harder on myself.

Just thought it was a very interesting insight! And I suppose very true!

My thought for the day - Keep focused on being healthy and losing weight, but don't forget to focus on something good about myself each day!

Lorelai Tue 20-Aug-13 10:04:26

Ah Yellow, that is so lovely of your DH. Mine also says he can't see why I need to lose weight, which is lovely, but doesn't really help the motivation!!

Anyway, all these posts about exercise have inspired me and I am off for a swim in a bit.

phantomhairpuller Tue 20-Aug-13 10:17:17

Morning ladies grin

Just a quick question to those of you doing the shred or insanity- do you do every day and if you have DCs how do you work it around them?

I did day one yesterday when dh had taken both the boys to his mothers. I'm aching like mad this morning so wondering whether I'll be able to do it again today! Plus I've got the boys all day (2.4yrs and 3months) I'm not sure the eldest would appreciate me leaping around for 20mins wink

Any tips?!

Sirzy Tue 20-Aug-13 10:20:30

I aim to do it 5 days a week. DS normally 'helps' me or joins in with me when I do it.

phantomhairpuller Tue 20-Aug-13 11:31:22

Well that was interesting!! Trying to do the shred with a serious case of the giggles!!

DS1 was either copying me or lying on the floor next to me shouting 'get up mum!' grin

But day 2 is done!

IsaacCox Tue 20-Aug-13 11:38:46

Yellow your dh sounds lovely smile

Phantom, I don't have kids so can do it whenever but try to exercise at least 5 times a week (though I've not done very well with that this week!) grin at your ds saying get up mum.

My daily reminder today is I want to be fit and healthy to live as long as possible.

Have a great day all- weigh in tomorrow! smile

Sirzy Tue 20-Aug-13 12:07:55

Woo hoo I have just fitted into a pair of size 14 jeans!

Well done Sirzy!!!! what a great milestone! grin

IsaacCox Tue 20-Aug-13 12:10:43

Fabulous Sirzy! Well done smile

This thread is not accepting new messages.