Chiefs Randalling on to svelteness

(942 Posts)
Lizzylou Fri 02-Aug-13 17:42:20

Hola.
Thought we needed a new thread grin
Last day at work for me grin grin grin

Well done Bssh on only gaining 1lb holiday weight, am hoping to emulate this!

BsshBossh Wed 13-Nov-13 14:37:33

*who's not whose

SlimJimBra Wed 13-Nov-13 14:44:16

is a 'normal' daily limit around 2000? i haven't ever calorie counted before, only ever done slimming world. 1200 seems low but i guess the app knows what its doing. bit worried as we'll be at a birthday party on sun and out for carvery on sun too. can i roll forward any extra cals i earn from exercising?

BsshBossh Wed 13-Nov-13 15:00:21

2000 is just average and I happen to perfectly fit it (I exercise, have good muscles and have strong metabolism so can get away with eating more). If you want you can work out your TDEE using this calculator (TDEE is your maximum number of calories to maintain your current weight) then eat 10/15/20% below it each day (or averaged across the week). This worked for me.

BsshBossh Wed 13-Nov-13 15:04:10

Alternatively, you don't have to calorie count. I'd never calorie counted in my life before last year and thought I'd try it out of interest: what an eye opener! MFP taught me what normal, healthy portion sizes should be. I learned so much and now don't count. But if it feels like a faff to you, you could simply cut down on portion sizes - eat off smaller plate, serve yourself a third less what you normally serve yourself etc.

Sorry, I'm rambling a bit...

SylviaDaisyPouncer Wed 13-Nov-13 15:07:22

Hey SlimJim

1200 can feel like nothing some days, it certainly doesn't allow for treats! I think a lot of us look at our weekly totals, so if we are over one day it's doable to pull it back over the next few days. Randall is the expert on this one, proof you can have your cake (or cheese) and eat it.

Fasting today at home (usually do Monday and Thursday as I'm at work), have survived a visit from my parents bringing treats so looking good.

Internet seems all sorted....needed a filter thing in one of our phone points. Glad I didn't call BT as it was totally my fault. A quick check around on Saturday would have saved lots of earache from ds the last few days!

buzzy you are doing so well. There's always a chiefly ear here for support. smile

Still waiting for dd results though she is a lot better. Stupidly googled and scared myself half to death. I never learn.

And as she has just told me she isn't having fun I had better go for now and entertain her!

BsshBossh Wed 13-Nov-13 15:07:58

Another option is to go on the TDEE calculator, work out the number of calories you'd need to eat to maintain your goal weight and eat at that daily (or averaged out across the week). Then manually adjust the calorie total in MFP settings. This way you'll quickly get used to eating like the slim person you want to be (which in your case is only half a stone away!).

SylviaDaisyPouncer Wed 13-Nov-13 15:08:27

Looks like bssh has explained it a whole lot better than megrin

SlimJimBra Wed 13-Nov-13 16:03:37

thanks for that link, according to that calculator i need 1700 to maintain and 1350 to lose weight. will try to stick to 1200 but not get too worried if i go over, as long as i don't go over by more than 150 each day. can you carry forward unused cals?

Lizzylou Wed 13-Nov-13 18:03:44

Hi Slimjim smile
Buzzy, I echo the others, you are doing so well and we are all here thanks
Bssn, get you and your skinny ass size 8 miniskirt smile

And yes, we are getting there with the house. It feels like home and the decor is not offending me as much anymore grin

BsshBossh Wed 13-Nov-13 19:40:18

SlimJim take the weekly view of calories (which is what we all tend to do here). Eg if you know you're going to have a sociable weekend with lots of good food then go ahead and overeat but balance it out before or after by undereating accordingly. So long as your weekly average is around 1350 (in your case) then you'll lose.

buzzybuzzybeeshoes Wed 13-Nov-13 21:10:00

Thanks all. thanks I do recognise it as a weakness in me rather than my external circumstances. I am in awe of people like Tea and Randall who have had much more to contend with. Whereas for me, I wouldn't say having eating/bingeing ishoos are a barrel of laughs... but they are essentially a product of being fortunate enough to be living in the 21st century in a wealthy country, with a job and enough money to eat and buy cakes, damn them I have no actual problems wink but thank you all.

Bssh I feel very strongly that we need pics of the skirt! Size 8 is wonderful work, if I were you I'd wear it with the label sticking out wink

Welcome slimjim.

Lizzy thanks for reminding me of SW. I did ok on that before, I'm working somewhere with a fab salad bar which would fit that perfectly. Well done on losing 4-5 stone each pregnancy. SW is actually the reason I only wink put on 1.5st in my 2nd pregnancy, wonder if it'd work again.

Lizzylou Thu 14-Nov-13 18:39:35

Buzzy, don't do yourself down, you rock me lovely.
I mentioned SW because it is quite a loose plan if that makes sense, not so regimented

BsshBossh Fri 15-Nov-13 07:01:03

1 lb down this morning smile

buzzybuzzybeeshoes Fri 15-Nov-13 18:13:04

Well done bssh - how far to target now?

lizzy I realised I probably sounded sarky in the last post - I was thrilled to only put 1.5st on while I was on SW pregnant - I thought I was in for another 4 stone gain! Love the way it's healthy enough to do while pregnant - not that there will be any more babies here either...

SDP how is DD?

BsshBossh Fri 15-Nov-13 18:16:40

Half a stone. Am currently 133 lbs and want to get to 125 lbs.

RandallFloyd Fri 15-Nov-13 19:04:47

Well done Bssh, almost there now.

I echo what Lizzy said *Buzzy^, you should be really proud of yourself for coming through all that.

SylviaDaisyPouncer Fri 15-Nov-13 19:23:52

Well done bssh you losing machine grin

Hope everyone is well and had a good week?

I'm weighing tomorrow after 3 fasts this week. It's been okay and really pleased I have managed two of them at home. I have got right back into Pinterest, stops me snacking in the evening especially as dh has been at work. I will probably do the same next week (you can tell Christmas is coming and I want to fit into a size 12 dress). My aim was a 10 but don't want to be disappointed so a 12 will be just fine for now. Am pretty sure I bought an 18 for last years Christmas party so all in all some good work has happened!

Dd is a lot better, thanks for asking buzzy. Had her test results this morning and no kidney infection so happy days! She will be back to pre school Tuesday so I can get back to my routines and do some exercise....never thought I would be happy to say that!!

Applesnotcakes Sat 16-Nov-13 12:36:54

Morning all, I made a deal with myself not to post on here until I was in the 13 stone somethings but its not happening. 14.08 now , same as a few weeks ago with a big going up in between due to family celebration weekend away. But if I stay anyway any longer I just seem like an unsociable bugger.

Progress definitely slowed by back injury again. I recovered from first one, adapted what I did in the Shred but after a few days it went again so I think Shredding is not for me. Makes me a bit sad cos I really liked it but my lower back is weak and just doesn't cope with weights so I probably need something more cardio based. Will go back to wii I think while I find something else on DVD

The general lack of enthusiasm brought on my inability to even walk without pain as resulted in bad eating habits. Breakfast became necessary to take ibuprofen, and chocolate consumption went up. As did general stacking. My meals are good but my snacking is really the downfall. Need to get a grip on that.

Anyway despite appearances I didn't come on here to talk about me. I wanted to thank all the brave chiefs who have shared something of their lives on here. I've lurked on chief threads for a long time and what's always struck me is the resilience and humour with which chiefs have approached their eating and their lives. And that's why you're generally a successful bunch at weight loss.

I'm in awe of how some of you have coped with life's crap and really appreciate the inspiration and support this thread provides.thanks to you all. You really do rock.

BsshBossh Sat 16-Nov-13 20:05:57

You rock too Chief Apples. You're dealing with a lot. Could you forget about exercise for a while (just focus on walking, for example) to give your back a proper chance to heal?

Applesnotcakes Sun 17-Nov-13 18:24:39

Yes Bssh. I think you're right. I can't rush it and need to get my back right - it's such a pain in all senses when it's not. So - tomorrow - I wil focus on good food choices, and leave the exercise for a bit.

happylass Sun 17-Nov-13 18:28:26

Evening Chiefs. Just a quick check in. Welcome SlimJim. I too haven't a massive amhave a very generous calorie

happylass Sun 17-Nov-13 18:34:36

Sorry, stupid phone...

Evening Chiefs. Just a quick check in. Welcome SlimJim. I too haven't a massive amount to lose and I've got a very generous calorie allowance of 1700 (although I am 5ft 10). I've shifted about 9lbs in as many weeks (with a bit of yo-yoing in the middle). I initially tried to work with 1350 but I found that was too restrictive for me. I think it's trial and error to find what works for you. You could always go for the maintenance option but come in under that if you'd like to still lose a bit.
Well done to everyone else. Bsssh you look amazing. Well done you!!

Lizzylou Tue 19-Nov-13 13:26:49

Hello all, we have been a bit quiet haven't we?
Welcome Slim Jim and nice to see SPD. Apples, don't get disheartened, onwards and downwards.

I am reinvigorated and full of determination to get back on it, fasted yesterday, fast today and am on it like sonic. Who wants to join me in a kickass pre Christmas lose some blubber?
This house has lots of mirrors (unlike last one grin , the previous owners left loads) so I either walk round without my contact lenses in, or eyes closed or face up to my blubbery naked self and just do it.
Anyone else?

SylviaDaisyPouncer Tue 19-Nov-13 19:35:18

I'm in lizzy

Tomorrow I am making lots of low fat healthy things to stop me snacking. Plus back to the shred (it's become comical how many times I have bloody started this!).

Will be checking in tomorrow with an update. See you there (well, here really grin).

Lizzylou Tue 19-Nov-13 19:44:36

Yay SDP!
Least you know what you are doing now with The Shred, gives you a heads up! wink
I am loving just gymming at the moment, doing some interval training on the cross trainer or treadmill, then lots of weights. I am getting stronger and using heavier weights, won't make the scales shift though. I notice I can be up to 4lb heavier morning after weights session.

But my arms and shoulders are the best they have ever been smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now