Chiefs Randalling on to svelteness

(942 Posts)
Lizzylou Fri 02-Aug-13 17:42:20

Hola.
Thought we needed a new thread grin
Last day at work for me grin grin grin

Well done Bssh on only gaining 1lb holiday weight, am hoping to emulate this!

ShadeofViolet Sat 21-Sep-13 22:59:28

I hope so. I have found a bikini that I love so I am hoping that it will be my inspiration.

BsshBossh Sun 22-Sep-13 00:02:25

Welcome Violet. The walking sounds great. What's your food/diet plan?

anotetofollowso Sun 22-Sep-13 11:03:30

Hello and thank you for the welcome messages. I'm thrilled to have discovered you all. MFP really feels like a new start for me - somehow I am responding to the sense of control that logging my food gives me. But I know, I know, I will give it all up soon unless I have some support (I have tried MFP before) so I am hoping that the combination of MFP and you lot will really add up to a new beginning.

Thank you VERY much for that calories info. It's extremely useful. I'm going to start out at 1500 calories, without allowing myself extra for exercise, and aim to exercise 4 to 5 times a week. Okay, 5. I know 1500 is quite generous (I am only 5.3) but I want to lose slowly and steadily. And I used to have a superb metabolism that allowed to scoff more or less what I wanted without getting too porky, but I am afraid that is no longer the case. So I want to experiment a bit and see what I can get away with and still lose weight. I hadn't considered Randalling though - I've tended to see each day in isolation so I was very interested to read about that - especially as weekends tend to be calorie tsunamis for me.

Feelin' good this Sunday am because I have just done a gym session. Going out for a Thai lunch with friends (I know, I know .... Tsunami warning) so I just had an egg for brekkie to try and save myself some calories.

Do we weigh in on this thread? If so, how often? I wouldn't mind checking in from time to time.

See you all here and on MFP.

RandallPinkFloyd Mon 23-Sep-13 12:30:57

Welcome welcome ShadesofViolet. (lovely NN btw, what was the inspiration?) A very realistic goal and a fab motivation too. Good luck!

Your plan sounds great anote. Totally doable but should get you some good results too. As regards weighing in, we have no rules here, you can weigh or not weigh whenever you like, someone will always be here to either congratulate or commiserate!

When I was losing I weighed weekly on a Wednesday because that was my first day of chiefing do I just stuck with it. It also worked well for me because it was half way between weekends so more likely to be a true weight iyswim.

I'm still weighing weekly for now just to make sure I stay on track but there isn't anything to log as I'm fluctuating by less than a lb so far so there doesn't seem to be much point in recording every tiny fluctuation.

I wouldn't recommend weighing any more than once a week because it won't be accurate and you can end up a bit obsessed. I know Bssh used to only weigh every 2-4 weeks and that really worked for her so just go with whatever you think is best for you.

Can I join you all?

I'm on MFP (Charlee1003) I am always so good at logging for a few weeks then fall of the wagon into a sea of pie.

DP is doing it to, we're helping each other.

I want to lose the weight over a very long period of time before we start thinking of DC4.

I'm 11st exactly today, at 5ft that is no good, although I'm 6lbs down since last time I dived from the mfp wagon.

I always add quite a few recipes if anyone at you add me and feel like poaching them, smile

I'm on 1200 cals a day which I find easy although I always go over for Sugar.

RandallPinkFloyd Mon 23-Sep-13 13:16:01

Hi tits, welcome aboard!

I'm RandallFloyd on MFP if any if the new recruits wants to add me, I'm not a good example but my diaries might at least make you feel better about your own!

BsshBossh Mon 23-Sep-13 14:11:23

Welcome Tits. Hopefully you're more likely to stick with it if your DP's doing it too, but don't get disheartened if he loses more quickly as men seem to have a pesky habit of doing that envy.

anoteto I used to weigh in every few months but now, for some reason, it suits me to weigh in weekly. I weigh in every Friday morning as that's the end of my second 5:2 fast and I like to be at my guaranteed lightest. I think we all generally weigh in on different days?

BsshBossh Mon 23-Sep-13 14:12:08

Apologies Tits, I've assumed your DP is male blush.

Hehe it's ok he is very much a man ... He has quite a bit more to lose than me so I expect him to lose quicker.

I will add people in a mo.

I'm not able to do a lot in the way of fitness, my pelvis completely separated and both hips dislocated during my last pregnancy so any workouts are quite painful. I do a little bit of walking and all the house work though so I'm not completely immobile.

I'm size 12 at the moment, I'd like to be a comfortable 10 and about 9st.

Lizzylou Mon 23-Sep-13 20:35:44

Hello Tits, recipes would be fab, I seem to be stuck in a rut foodwise!
Anote, 1500 is fine I think, it's got to be doable!

I am LizzylouM on mfp, I may be going to bed soon as I have just done 1 hours bodypump and 45 minutes body combat as I can't go spinning on Wednesday as DH is away and then will be Randalling in Belfast this weekend.

I had lucky charms for breakfast blush they are my weakness.

RandallPinkFloyd Tue 24-Sep-13 10:48:41

Well, after a slightly shall we say 'indulgent' week I did a couple of fast days Sun/Mon and I'm somehow down 2.4lb. I mean I'm not complaining or anything, far from it, but the dieting is a funny old business isn't it? confused

Oh well, it puts me at almost 7lb under my goal weight so that'll do for me!

Randalling in Belfast Lizzy? Well jel envy

Not so jel of the lucky charms, they ming hard.

BsshBossh Tue 24-Sep-13 11:13:19

Woohoo Randall you've got a bigger buffer now smile (oh, that sounds rude!).

RandallPinkFloyd Tue 24-Sep-13 11:29:07

Ooh, nothing like a big buffer eh? wink

ShadeofViolet Tue 24-Sep-13 14:22:41

Thanks for the lovely welcome.

Managed to walk 2 miles today and swim 25 lengths so feeling oaky. Eating isnt going so well blush but according to MPL I am still under calories (although that does include the extra I have earned from the exercise]

Am going to try harder tomorrow on the eating front.

anotetofollowso Tue 24-Sep-13 15:47:15

Hi, just checking in. Thanks for sharing your weigh-in strategies. I'll pick Monday for my weekly weigh-in ...stark reality check. I am a metric gal - and find it easier to think in kilos. Is it okay to give kg weights? Yesterday I was 72.2kg (which is 11st, 4.7).

Back soon to find out how you're all doing.
Note

Lizzylou Tue 24-Sep-13 18:53:53

I have just done Insanity for the first time since before summer. Bleurgh.

Dinkydoos Tue 24-Sep-13 20:32:21

Hello anote, shade, tits welcome to chief ing!
I don't do the mfp stuff anymore as I am lazy... But have basically lost around a stone and a half chief ing, mainly 5:2 ing tbh, as feast and famine suits my wine habits! Just trying to maintain now as around 22/23 bmi
Everyone's lovely on this thread, you'll soon learn that lizzy and tea are excercise machines that make you feel like the last one to be picked for the hockey team at school, and that bsssh is just a massive jaw dropping weight loss guru, that randall manages to booze her way like a proper good un and still lose ( jealous moi?) and me, buzzy, lego et al just plod away! double hasn't been around for a while, where are you???

Mrsb999 Wed 25-Sep-13 10:30:13

Hello can I join too??

Me me me! Started AGAIN Monday, have lots to lose! My DS is 6 months and I was very lucky to be lighter after having him than pre pregnancy (the hyperemesis that caused the weight loss not so lucky!) but since then I've eaten shit and now need to do something about it!

Mrsb999 Wed 25-Sep-13 10:32:45

Ok I may as well get the hard bit over now:

I'm 5ft 3 and as of Monday 23rd sept I'm 14 st 5.5 lbs

When do we all weigh in? I've set my calories as 1400 on mfp is this ok?

RandallPinkFloyd Wed 25-Sep-13 11:00:55

Hi Mrsb, welcome smile

I had the charming HG too and ended up in a similar state. I do think it does something truly bizarre to your innards which lasts a good long while. There were other reasons too but I put the majority of my weight on in the year following DS's birth not before.

I was 15 stone when I started chiefing back in January and I'm now 9.5 so don't feel daunted by the numbers, it's totally doable. (1400 sounds perfect, that's what I started with.)

Weigh-in whenever you want to, as long as it's no more than weekly just do whatever works for you. We have no roolz here, we are Chiefs, mavericks by our very nature!

Ok, that was a bit of an exaggeration but we really don't have any rules, we're just doing the best we can in our own ways.

BsshBossh Wed 25-Sep-13 11:25:57

Welcome Mrsb999. Yep, as Randall says, we have no rules; we're all losing weight (or maintaining weightloss) in a variety of ways. Just get stuck in smile

Mrsb999 Wed 25-Sep-13 11:35:49

Ok great I shall weigh in on a Monday then!

Carikube Wed 25-Sep-13 12:38:14

Welcome newbies - titsalina I've sent you a friend request via MFP. mrsb999 , shade and any other new members, I'm Carikube on MFP if you want to add me.

I am in awe of those with big buffers (oo-er) as well as those who exercise like crazy. I'm just doing WW (whilst I have 3 months free, then I'll be dropping it and just doing MFP) and also the couch25k. DH was a pain and was away last night so I couldn't do my next run this morning and will have to do it tomorrow morning instead. However we have friends staying tonight so I think wine and a late night will be in order, so whether I feel capable of getting up at 6am to go running, I have no idea.

I'm on 1200 cals on MFP but that's because it ties in better with the points that I have on WW. The first few days I felt really unwell (probably my body going in to shock at the lack of crap) but now I don't find it that hard to stick to. I'm just over half way towards my target weight so hopefully that won't take too long and I can go on to a maintenance level instead. I also have a Fitbit, so I can often be found walking round and round the kitchen in the evening if I haven't got to my 10,000 steps for the day....

Today started so well, Apple and banana for breakfast.

Then I was involved in a car accident and ate 2 brownies to help with shock.

Apart from minor whiplash no one was hurt, luckily.

I've accepted friend requests, thanks for adding me smile

My weigh ins will be Monday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now