Make me shred

(661 Posts)
FrancesDeLaTourCoughngIntoABin Thu 01-Aug-13 07:53:36

The table is pulled out of the way. The jingly music is playing. Jillian is grinning at me and waiting to introduce me to her "two best girls helping us out". But I cannot bring myself to press play.
I did so well last week, a full week of shredding and watching what I eat. This week, Mr Motivation has left the building. I've already hada a square of chocolate.

FrancesDeLaTourCoughngIntoABin Thu 01-Aug-13 16:52:42

grin

FrancesDeLaTourCoughngIntoABin Thu 01-Aug-13 16:54:04

Does anyone else think (bitchily) that the close up of anitas thighs on the reverse crunch makes them look huge? Cos theyre not, I bet she was raging when she watched it grin

RippingYarns Thu 01-Aug-13 17:17:12

i don't care how big they look, they are made of steel grin

i can't wait until if feel as if i'm gargling my heart again

seriously, i've been promising to get back on the shred bus for weeks, first i had a mysterious ankle injury, then a trapped nerve in my neck

all probably due to letting myself get unfit again

DH has just gone out for his couch to 5k run, we will NOT be the unfit parents wink

RippingYarns Fri 02-Aug-13 08:09:09

Ahem. .

TwentyTinyToes Fri 02-Aug-13 08:15:20

Right, this thread has motivated me to order the dvd. Going to do it now.

TwentyTinyToes Fri 02-Aug-13 08:18:13

Ordered.

wallpaperaddict Fri 02-Aug-13 09:09:37

Can someone explain how I'm meant to do day 2 of the shred when day 1 has left me barely able to walk?!

RippingYarns Fri 02-Aug-13 09:16:17

Jillian recommends a caffeine drink a half hour before working out, it helps to loosen the muscles apparently.

Have a coffee then try?

Come on, wallpaper, I'm a granny and I did it ;)

FrancesDeLaTourCoughngIntoABin Fri 02-Aug-13 09:18:36

urgh I'm not doing it today
Back on it on Sunday
All motivation has left the building

wallpaper "IF YOU THINK YOU'RE GONNA DIE STAY WITH ANITA...SHE'LL HELP YOU THROUGH IT"

wallpaperaddict Fri 02-Aug-13 09:19:51

Right well I had a cup of tea at half 8 so let's hope that's done the trick! Off to do it now!

RippingYarns Fri 02-Aug-13 09:23:32

<daggers @ frances>

You want Dooin to find you shirking?

It's 20 mins out of the rest of your life. . .

FrancesDeLaTourCoughngIntoABin Fri 02-Aug-13 09:25:43

its 20 mins I could be eating chocolate

Mumsnut Fri 02-Aug-13 09:40:28

I really need motivation to Shred, specially in the school hols. Can we have a virtual group, 9am every day or some such?

The thing is, I KNOW it makes a huge difference. I was thinner and fitter last year when I did it only 3 days a week than I've been in decades. If I tackled it properly I'd be unrecognisable.

Make me, Ladies, make me!

wallpaperaddict Fri 02-Aug-13 09:58:34

Shred day 2 done! It was easier today. Glad I started it! This was actually my second attempt, the first time I was 12 weeks postpartum and it was too hard! That DVD ended up at the charity shop! Last week I decided that I was going to attempt it again so bought the DVD again. To be honest it would probably have still been wrapped on the shelf if I hadn't seen this thread yesterday. Glad I've started it, I feel better already! Thanks ladies!

FrancesDeLaTourCoughngIntoABin Fri 02-Aug-13 10:21:13

Well done! Youve all shamed me, as of sunday im back on the shred and diet properly.

wallpaperaddict Fri 02-Aug-13 10:28:39

Is everyone else dieting whilst doing the shred? Will I see results if I just eat a healthy balanced diet or do I need to be watching everything I eat?

rusmum Fri 02-Aug-13 10:47:15

Join u tomorrow x

RippingYarns Fri 02-Aug-13 10:48:52

i'm not dieting, wallpaper, i don't believe in diets

i'm fat because i don't do enough exercise

wallpaperaddict Fri 02-Aug-13 10:56:47

Oh good! I just want to be fit, not bothered what I weigh so this suits me fine. I don't eat loads anyway, just 3 proper meals a day and the odd a few treats here and there!

hollyisalovelyname Fri 02-Aug-13 20:41:06

Why does one part of my brain want to sabotage the other part that wants me to look well (thinner)? What part of my psyche just doesn't want me to look my best. Why???

RippingYarns Sat 03-Aug-13 08:27:45

Here we go!

A bit achey today but that's a good sign, right?

wallpaperaddict Sat 03-Aug-13 09:08:42

Going to have a strong black coffee then will shred. Really really achey this morning but not giving in to it!

RippingYarns Sat 03-Aug-13 09:32:15

That was hard today, but I think it was harder being the weekend. Even though I don't go out to work, I still likes the lazy saturday thing.
Still, that's why I'm in this mess now, huh?

Good luck wallpaper

wallpaperaddict Sat 03-Aug-13 09:36:23

Well done ripping! I'm just drinking my coffee and sorting out the kids and then I will do it. So sore today but I know if I skip one day it's all over so not giving in to it!

wallpaperaddict Sat 03-Aug-13 11:01:06

That's me done! Hard to begin with but once the muscles warmed up it was ok, and feel less achey now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now