Deflating one tyre at a time: becoming a gym bunny when you would prefer a bar of chocolate..leta talk excercise?

(4 Posts)
Allthingspretty Mon 29-Jul-13 20:37:57

What kind of order do you do the machines at the gym? Ones you like after the ones that you dont like?

Wiifitmama Mon 29-Jul-13 20:41:50

I just got back to the gym after a long break. Mine is a Virgin Active. I used to do a lot of the Body Pump classes and other cardio stuff but got injured. So now I am trying to improve my core strength (anything has got to be better than the zero strength I have now!) to counterbalance the knee problem. So I have been doing their 15 minute core sessions (killer!) and then using the TRX for upper body. Then I do the elliptical machine (ok for my knee) for cardio.

Allthingspretty Mon 29-Jul-13 20:44:05

I like the eliptical machine and now start with that as opposed to leaving it till near the end of my programme.

Wiifitmama Mon 29-Jul-13 20:59:21

I do it last but that is because I get there for when the core workout starts, then the TRX is after. Then I am free to do whatever I like so I go to the elliptical. That all takes about 50 minutes so I go home after that! But I also walk 7 miles a day so it's enough for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now