Help me lose half a stone please

(8 Posts)

Yes to walk/run btw. So last night (first run in ages) I did a min walking, 2 mins running, 7 times.

Thanks both.

Well, I did a run last night but then followed it up with some chocolate. I've been very sensible today though and am planning a big veggie chilli for dinner as it should be filling enough to not want rubbish later.

Bramblesinforrin Tue 30-Jul-13 00:11:23

I've lost 1.5 stones on the 5:2. It's 500 cals/day 2 days or week - come and find our thread for inspiration and good luck with it.

formicadinosaur Mon 29-Jul-13 23:20:47

Sounds good!

Ideally 400 cals twice a week. Normal amounts on ither days. I've never counted cals before but have found that it does help to keep track. Will probably use myfitnesspal till i hit my ideal.

Today was a fast day - so an egg for late breakfast, a prawn curry with lots of veg and no rice for tea. A yogurt/fruit for pud and a jelly last thing. It seems manageable mostly as its only one day.

What happens with the 5 k training? Do you walk run walk run initially?

Plan of action? No idea tbh.

Try to do Couch to 5k again, starting tomorrow all being well.
Only eat dessert when out for a meal, and not having any biscuits etc in the house.
Sugar free jelly for sweet cravings maybe? With fruit added for virtue's sake?

Well done so far - what are you eating on the fast days?

formicadinosaur Mon 29-Jul-13 22:59:18

I have a sweet tooth too!

formicadinosaur Mon 29-Jul-13 22:58:48

I'm probably a similar size to you? 10/12. I started 2 and a half weeks ago on the 5:2 and am totally shocked to say i have lost 5lbs!! About another 5 or 7 to go. I've never really dieted properly before but felt I had to as my weight had hit its max and I felt uncomfortable with my size. I like exercise but struggle when heavier.

What's your plan of action? What's your target? Spill the beans.

Am a size 10-12 but feel as if my thighs and stomach have got rather large recently. I haven't been exercising at all, other than walking - and I have been eating too much. I'd like to start doing Couch to 5k again, having been pretty useless since the beginning of May.

I'm a vegetarian and eat relatively healthily (lots of vege) but I have rather a sweet tooth, so any tips for coping with / stopping sugar cravings would be good.

I'm not very good with breakfasts, so any tips there would also be useful.

And how does one get will-power? Do they sell it in Sainsbo's by any chance?

Does anybody fancy joining me / bullying me into submission?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now