Hairy Bikers Diet Book - is it any good?

(9 Posts)
ShoeWhore Fri 26-Jul-13 16:02:40

I'm off on holiday in just under a month and would like to shift a few pounds before I go.

Is this book any good? I like cooking but find I have less time in the school summer holidays so I need quick and healthy ideas really.

Nancy66 Sat 27-Jul-13 11:14:27

I looked at the book and thought the recipes looked tasty and easy - however, even for a diet book, I thought they were still quite high in calories.

I think for a 6ft 3 inch 20 stone man it would work well - i'm not sure the weight would exactly fall off a woman eating those recipes

Wolfcub Sat 27-Jul-13 11:48:14

it's brilliant. dh and I both lost a stone in six weeks and quite a few of the recipes have become household favourites, not because they are low cal but because they taste good

Passmethecrisps Sat 27-Jul-13 11:52:20

I bought it and have made a few things out of it.

I felt that some of the low cal stuff was fairly obvious so possibly any relatively savvy cook would do just the same.

The recipes are nice bit I can't help feel that some of them are missing something.

Anyway, I am still glad I bought it as it gave DH and me inspiration and I have lost a few pounds.

OrangeLily Sat 27-Jul-13 11:59:02

I like it so far. Haven't made much from it but particularly enjoyed the chilli bowls.

ShoeWhore Mon 29-Jul-13 09:12:58

Thanks for all your thoughts. Hmm, I might have to have a leaf through in a bookshop before I buy, I think. I could just cut out the wine and chocolate biscuits right? grin

I love it, use it a few times a week. If nothing else it gives us a bit of a change from the boring routine we'd gotten into

SneezySnatcher Mon 05-Aug-13 20:57:25

Love it. The Spanish chicken is a favourite in our house and ridiculously easy to make!

WileyRoadRunner Wed 07-Aug-13 08:46:01

Love it! Agree with the chilli bowl recommendation.

You can just print the recipes off the BBC good food website though.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now