PLEASE! Give me a diet and I promise I will follow it for a month!

(13 Posts)
tiggyhop Thu 25-Jul-13 15:06:41

I have that annoying last 10 pounds to lose and I need help. I am totally lacking in inspiration and am pretty low in motivation. Please pitch in with your diet suggestions (NOT eat less and exercise more, I know about that one....smile ) but something that works!

formicadinosaur Thu 25-Jul-13 19:06:22

I'm pretty low in motivation but have really got into the swing of 5:2 fasting. Read the book, watch the documentary and visit the 5:2 fasting forum on mumsnet. I've been doing it 2 weeks and have lost 4 or 5 lbs. initally wanted to lose 9 but might aim for 11 lbs? its very easy to get into the right mindset on fasting days (500 cals) but you need to work out your TDEE for normal eating days. All explained on the forum. Let me know how you get on.

tiggyhop Thu 25-Jul-13 19:11:28

OK thanks so much. You are the only suggestion! So I will DO IT. From tomorrow I will start 5:2 fasting (have read up on it before). I will report back on 26th August!
Starting weight: 137....

tiggyhop Thu 25-Jul-13 19:12:42

TDEE is 2100 for non-fasting days - 500 for fasting.

BsshBossh Thu 25-Jul-13 20:01:27

Excellent! Come join uson this thread - loads of daily support from newbies and oldies alike:
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/fasting_diet/1809056-The-5-2-Thread-Number-24-Summers-still-here-so-skip-the-snack-and-share-the-meal

tiggyhop Thu 25-Jul-13 21:33:02

Golly - I will! Thanks!

tiggyhop Fri 26-Jul-13 13:53:01

Day 1 fasting today!

formicadinosaur Tue 30-Jul-13 08:31:09

I'm so glad it was the only suggestion! I'm determined to arrive with the boys at the school gates in September looking slimmer

How was your first fast? When are you fasting next? I found its easier on a busy day and better to have your 500 as late in the day as pos.

Oddly enough your starting weight is also my starting weight!

plumtrees Tue 30-Jul-13 09:36:55

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

tiggyhop Wed 07-Aug-13 05:21:12

Thanks dinosaur, two pounds down, how about you? Fasting again tomorrow...

tiggyhop Wed 07-Aug-13 05:22:03

Ps no idea what plum trees said!

tiggyhop Fri 09-Aug-13 14:03:16

Fasting today...

peachypips Fri 09-Aug-13 14:43:19

Hi- if you want to lose 10 pounds more quickly try Anna Richardson's Body Blitz diet. I started on Monday and have lost four pounds already! I love it. Have done WW to get from 15 stone to 11, but got sick of counting etc. now i am doing this to get to my 9.7 goal. This is a two week diet that you then move on from into a better long term healthy pattern.
You are supposed to lose 7ish pounds in the first two weeks, then introduce more treats and lose 1-2 pounds a week.
It just has 5 rules-
1. No wheat
2. No sugar
3. No alcohol
4. Limited dairy
5. No carbs after 6pm.

It sounds awful but I am a real carb fiend and I am doing fine. I had big bowl of muesli with just oat flakes, nuts and raisins for breakfast, an oatcake for a snack, four ryvita with humous and avo for lunch and a bowl of chilli with no rice for dinner. All with extra veg and fruit. It's brilliant! I think you can get the book for really cheap second hand on Amazon.

I know I sound a bit worthy but I feel I have finally cracked my bad habits. After the two weeks is up you can have wine, bring back dairy and treats at the weekend.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now