I just want to know how many calories are in sushi! How hard can this be?

(10 Posts)
Tortoiseonthehalfshell Wed 24-Jul-13 02:44:20

Molly! Bless your cotton socks, that's a brilliant link. Calories next to actual pictures!

(Of course, shouldn't have clicked it on a fast day...)

MollyBerry Mon 22-Jul-13 09:29:16

www.yosushi.com/static/downloads/menus/YO_Nutritional_Booklet.pdf
Have a look at this and there are pics and you can scale up and down along with adding bits together as appropriate?

maggi Mon 22-Jul-13 06:39:07

It will be the avocado which is whacking up the calorie count, as it is full of fat.

Tortoiseonthehalfshell Mon 22-Jul-13 02:57:53

Nope, always from sushi bars, wouldn't shop sushi be stale? I suppose I could see if they sell sushi packs at the shop and check them.

MollyBerry Mon 22-Jul-13 02:55:45

How are you getting your sushi? If it's in a pack from a shop does it not have nutritional info?

Tortoiseonthehalfshell Mon 22-Jul-13 01:19:50

Pushme I don't knooooooow, that's the problem! None of these descriptions of "pieces" have a weight on them.

<totally overinvested in this>

SneezySnatcher Thu 18-Jul-13 12:40:55

I got very confused so I have been making my own. Bought sushi rice, nori and rice vinegar and I know exact weights and calorie counts. Not too much hassle and very delicious!

forevergreek Thu 18-Jul-13 07:04:17

Around 70 ish I think. Although sashimi would be the healthier sushi, then nigiri I think. The rolls are mostly rice and sea weed with v little filling.

What size are you envisaging? I think a bite-sized piece of eg salmon nigiri is about 60 calories. I have 6 small sushi pieces as a light lunch and depending on the type they're usually 200 to 300 calories

Tortoiseonthehalfshell Thu 18-Jul-13 03:16:49

A generic salmon avocado roll is 205 cals - the thin ones, I'd usually have three of these and consider it a lightish lunch - so, 630 cals? Six "pieces" of a different salmon avocado roll is 280. Eight pieces of a different brand of salmon avocado roll is 250. Either of those, if I'm envisioning the packets right, would also constitute a lunch.

So which is it? Is a light sushi lunch in the 200s or the 600s? Why won't MFP tell me the size? What about mixed sushi packs? ARGGGGGGGHHHHHHH.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now