I'm finally healthy!!!

(18 Posts)
Izzy82 Sun 14-Jul-13 21:18:09

So, I started off as obese and was thrilled when I hit the overweight category. For the first time in over 10 years I I have a BMI of 24 and am officially healthy. Woo woo

I have lost 4 stone 8 pounds amd have about another stone to go - then I might actually be happy with my body (currently I look hideous naked!)

I just wanted to tell someone!!!
Xxx

Morebiscuitsplease Sun 14-Jul-13 21:21:26

Wow...enjoy the moment and best of luck getting to your goal. BMI of 24 sounds great to me though.

Morebiscuitsplease Sun 14-Jul-13 21:21:37

Wow...enjoy the moment and best of luck getting to your goal. BMI of 24 sounds great to me though.

Well done!

I have done similar over the past 12 months - lost almost 5 stone and gone from a BMI of 34 to a healthy weight. I have one more pound to lose and I will be at my goal BMI of 22.5.

It's a great feeling, isn't it?

Izzy82 Sun 14-Jul-13 21:25:54

Thank you both for your comments
Jemima, can I just ask? At what point did you look in the mirror and stop seeing a fat person?

Purple2012 Sun 14-Jul-13 21:26:55

Well done. I hope to reach that goal this year

HeySoulSister Sun 14-Jul-13 21:32:07

I've lost 4 stone 4. From size 20 to 16 now, sometimes 14. Still got over 2 stone to go tho

Def still see a far person even tho I wear Lycra to run in and feel confidant in it

I haven't done yet... Which I know is silly as I have just stocked up on size 10 clothes in the sales and have walked along a beach in a tankini without scaring small children. Logically I know that I am no longer fat. But I think I was fat for so long (I was bigger than I am now when I started secondary school and a size 16 by the time I left, an 18 by the time I got married and a 20 after having 3 DC) that it will take a while for my mind to catch up with my body. If that makes sense.

clarinetV2 Sun 14-Jul-13 22:49:35

Mega congrats, Izzy and Jemima. Logically it's only numbers, but there does seem to be something magical about breaking through that 'healthy BMI' barrier, so well done! I've also lost more than 5 stone this year - closer to 6 in fact - and gone from BMI of 37 to 23.2. I'm pretty sure this is the first time in my adult life that I've been a 'healthy' BMI, though it's not something I've calculated for that long. But I'm now in size 12/14, and can remember taking 16 by the time I hit my mid-teens, so I'm definitely the smallest I've been. Jemima, still looking in the mirror and seeing a fat person makes complete sense to me as that's what I do. My goal keeps changing - I started with a goal much higher than I am now, and kept adjusting it downwards!! I think I've now reached the stage where I'd be happy if I could just maintain the weight I've currently reached... which I know is only the beginning...

CinnamonAddict Mon 15-Jul-13 09:53:19

Congratulations flowers

As for realising you are no longer fat, I can recommend having pictures done professionally. I don't mean naked grin but just normal pictures from a good photographer. Put on new clothes, make up etc. Frame the one you like most and hang it where you see it.

One of my friends has a little framed postcard next to her hallway mirror which says "You are beautiful". I love it.

Your mind will catch up with your body. I reached my healthy Bmi over a year ago and it took almost another 6 months to get used to the new thin frame I looked at in the mirror. I always expected my size16-18 body looking back at me.

ShaggingZumbaStylee Mon 15-Jul-13 09:54:21

well done

MrsOakenshield Mon 15-Jul-13 09:56:56

oh, that's fantastic! You must be chuffed to bits. Congratluations.

trikken Mon 15-Jul-13 10:04:43

Well done! Thats amazing!

vet272 Mon 15-Jul-13 17:49:26

Woohoo! Brilliant! I'm walking that path myself right now but still have 2 stones to go. I'm inspired!

TrixyPixie Mon 15-Jul-13 19:47:26

Well done all you losers. wink

Are any of you willing to share how you did it? I'm much more interested in the mindset and motivation than actual meal plan iyswim.

Also, with such huge losses, please take this opportunity to remind me what your ave/lowest weekly loss was, to help me on those 'bad' weeks.

TIA you lovely skinny Minnies. grin

RandallPinkFloyd Mon 15-Jul-13 20:04:18

Bloody well done you! You must be chuffed to mint balls. Really really well done.

The day I stood on the scales and saw healthy was one of the best feelings ever (although I hope hitting my goal will feel even better!)

I've lost 4&1/2 stone so far, another 7lb and I'm right slap in the middle of the 'healthy' range for my height.

I lost very quickly to start with, 3 stone in the first 4 months (7lb the first week shock ) but it's slowed down since and anything over a pound a week I'm happy with. Ive lost every single week since I started though which is the thing I'm most proud of. I've just been calorie counting tbh, but taking it as a weekly goal rather than a strict daily one iyswim

I honestly don't know what the trick is to staying motivated, I'd just got to a point where I hated the way I looked and I never want to feel like that again. I also went into a shop and attempted to try on some size 14 jeans. There was sobbing but my god it got me focused! I am now pleased to say that 'the pants that made me cry' are now too big and my dieting mantra has become "Fuck You Skinny Jeans" grin

antimatter Mon 15-Jul-13 20:07:07

well done!
you should be very proud and saving for a new beautiful wardrobe of amazing clothes smile

Izzy82 Mon 15-Jul-13 22:24:28

I think the trick for me staying motivated was trying on my wedding dress for the first time and it being a size 20. I looked pretty disgusting in it. I took a photo at the time and look at it every time I don't lose weight. I have had many weeks when I have stayed the same or lost a measley half a pound and feel desperate to give up and eat a massive burger or something. Having a goal to reach has definitely helped.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now