Cambridge Diet, Lighter Life, Slim&Save - VLCD'ers gather over here!

(1000 Posts)

<pats comfy sofa>

<offers peppermint tea>

Welcome one and all to *^The New Thread !*^

Results for me on Slim and Save 10 weeks = 42 pounds!

grin

Week 11 is looking rubbish for me, but I have been (and continue to be actually) poorly.

Come and make yourselves comfy...

I have morning after the night before regret. envy

And my back is still buggered sad

laura4jasmine Tue 09-Jul-13 07:11:43

Scone so sorry you are having such a rough time. Really hope you hang around, you are so encouraging and helpful - take care smile

Welcome Katie this type of plan is great once you get into ketosis, stick with it - you can do this! I had my stomach stapled in '96 but it wasn't till 3 years ago that I lost any serious amount of weight - 13.7st. I got really hung up on my loose skin looking worse than the fat and have put on 6st....I know, really stupid. Oh how I would love to be back, but this time I will appreciate it. You're right, surgery is not the answer, you have to want to do it.

I don't think I am in Ketosis yet, on day 4.
I have experienced Ketosis before when fasting so know what my breath is like but I don't have any symptoms right now.
I have been following the lifestyle plan to the letter, and using the meal planner to track my carbs and drinking 4 L of water so I don't really understand where I have gone wrong.

Any ideas?

It will kick in tomorrow, don't worry. It is impossible to do this diet and not go into ketosis. Mine kicked in day 5 too. ((Squidge))

Nornironmum Tue 09-Jul-13 14:38:35

Well scales have not moved in over a week! Doing soule source again now, this is week four. Starting to loose faith now.

Now now Norn, cut yourself some slack. That is the end of that week 3 naughty stall week. This is the beginning of week 4 and you will be successful. You already are!

Make sure you drink plenty of water because with this hot weather you will be losing some through sweat.

Just keep swimming. Keep on keeping on. It will go, it will.

Nornironmum Tue 09-Jul-13 16:16:10

I so hope you are right scone, if I don't get the 6lb off on thus diet, ill never get it off. Back on soule source totally now.
Even loosing that 6lb my bmi is only getting into the normal range, though I am happy with that, I am muscular with big boobs, never going to be skinny, never want to, 10.7 stone is my ideal weight. I'm a size 10 at that.
So it's not like I am skinny or anything? Still in the over weight range. Move scales move move move move.
I hate week 3, and looking like 4 too.

Yes you will. (((Squidge))))

Lets look at the basics. You are drinking plenty? Spacing the packs out evenly? Not taking anything extra? Time of the Month?

MrsPnut Tue 09-Jul-13 16:36:06

Norn - sometimes you might have a few weeks of the scales not moving and then you lose 8lb the next week. If you are doing sole source and drinking plenty of water then the weight will come off.

I'm planning to start on friday and then hopefully I'll be over the worst of it and in ketosis by monday morning. I'm going food shopping on thursday after work and so I won't be tempted over the weekend. The start of this diet has been planned with precision, so OH can cook for the weekend and I can just hide in bed feeling hungry and sorry for myself. Once ketosis kicks in then I can leap back into action.

Nornironmum Tue 09-Jul-13 16:39:51

Drinking gallons of water. Not eating anything but the packs, first pack at 9am second at 2, then at 5. Haven't had a period in 3 years, been on depo, had to come off it in October because of bone density, but still no period as it normally takes me a year anyway.
Normally when I loose weight I loose some off my boobs, not this time, they are v big and quiet hard, but I'm def not pregnant: dh said its because shoulders are smaller they look bigger, maybe he is right. I am very close to the weight I can't get past, though technically this is still over weight, it's a weight I'm happy with.
I need to get this 6lb off before my holidays so that when I gain some back I still come back this size and not this size plus 6lb.
God I want to scream.

Hmm. Well if you are definitely definitely not pg then it might be a period on its way.

You will lose, it is impossible not to! You are just holding on to water for some reason. Can you go for a walk to take your mind off it?

Nornironmum Tue 09-Jul-13 16:50:43

Drinking gallons of water. Not eating anything but the packs, first pack at 9am second at 2, then at 5. Haven't had a period in 3 years, been on depo, had to come off it in October because of bone density, but still no period as it normally takes me a year anyway.
Normally when I loose weight I loose some off my boobs, not this time, they are v big and quiet hard, but I'm def not pregnant: dh said its because shoulders are smaller they look bigger, maybe he is right. I am very close to the weight I can't get past, though technically this is still over weight, it's a weight I'm happy with.
I need to get this 6lb off before my holidays so that when I gain some back I still come back this size and not this size plus 6lb.
God I want to scream.

Nornironmum Tue 09-Jul-13 16:53:40

Don't know why that posted twice?
I really can't walk much. I have quite a lot of metal in my ankle, I broke it 12th of march, so it's still healing, I have 11 screws and a metal plate in, like Robo cop!
My cons only lost 1lb week 3 and she had 8 stone to lose, so I won't give up. Still 18lb lost in 4 weeks.

Yeouch. Painful. Maybe not a walk then...grin

Glad you aren't going to give up. You will have a lovely loss next week and it will all feel worthwhile again.

freckles21 Tue 09-Jul-13 22:15:03

Hello all, norn, you will lose this week, I stayed the same same for week 3 and 4 but I had eaten and drunk, lost 5lbs this week. Yippee. I have got one more week on boossh, then I'm off to tunisia for 2weeks so I'm having a break and then when I come back straight back on plan, was going to do the 5:2 but dp has said to continue doing this as I'm enjoying it and not really struggling.
I think everyone on here shows real determination and have inspired me to start and continue. I love recieving compliments from others and keep thinking of all the clothes I have up in the loft that will fit again. Lol.
Good luck everyone and well done on losses.
Scone I hope you begin to feel better soon. Xx

kateyjane Tue 09-Jul-13 22:36:40

Well done freckles21

Scone - I really feel for you, hope you are on the mend soon.

Thank you Laura - it sounds like we've been on similar journeys!

My slim and save arrived today - had the cottage pie and a bar so far. Soooo much nicer than LL! Really glad I changed.

Your poor ankle Nornir - you are doing brilliantly, especially considering everything.

I don't know how you all manage to drink the amout of water we're supposed to? I am a teacher and finding it really hard as it makes me need the loo all the time!!(also not helped by having had 4 children grin)

Hope everyone has a good day tomorrow! Day 7 for me, so will be my first proper weigh in (at home though, as I'm not going to start LL) I'm keeping everything crossed!

MyJellybean Tue 09-Jul-13 22:57:24

Well done on loss Freckles, and good luck kateyjane with your weigh in.
I tried the S&S cookies and cream shake today. That has to be the worse shake ever, it's the only one of S&S and Exante shakes that has physically made me retch, it was horrid, had to throw away.

maggie666 Wed 10-Jul-13 07:15:03

Good morning everyone. Sorry I've been missing for the last week. Kind of fell off the wagon on the weekend and had a bbq... just ate the meat tho and no carbs. So hopefully no real damage done.
Im back on it and into ketosis as my mouth tastes like a badgers bum!
Scone hope your back is a bit better today. Enjoy your time off with the dh when he comes home. We will be hounding you in August to get back on it ( and keep us entertained with your posts).
Hi to all the newbies. I'm on week 3 after a 10lb loss on wk 1 and 2lb on wk 2. Trying not to have a sneaky weigh. Enjoy the sunshine today.x

Nornironmum Wed 10-Jul-13 07:36:49

Omg omg omg. Drank like 6 liters of water yesterday, weighed last night, scales still the same.
Weighed this morning and down 3.5 lb woo hoo.

laura4jasmine Wed 10-Jul-13 09:07:19

Morning!
Norn yeay keep going you will do this!!!!!

I had my 1st weigh-in this morning and I've lost 10lbs....wooohooo. I am just loving S&S packs, had the spag bol and truffa bar yesterday...mummmm would eat those even if I wasn't on a diet. Have just ordered a months supply as I feel so confident about this. Very happy day grin

Yay norn! You did it!

Laura 10lbs off is amazing! Well done.

Maggie - well done for limiting your blip. You are doing fab - just remember this is week 3 and don't get upset if the scale doesn't shift.

I have fallen head first into bad stuff, but I am not enjoying it. In fact ds offered me a biscuit this morning and I said no thanks! I am on big doses of all kinds of drugs inc. diazepam which is making me very very sleepy. Hopefully s few more days and I can come off them. I miss my shakes. yes I am a weirdo but the gp said I needed more calories while my back heals - she thinks I may have slipped a disc but it is so swollen she said she couldn't tell.

Right beck to bed for me, have a good day everyone!

Nornironmum Wed 10-Jul-13 13:03:28

I going to see colum wilkinson tonight in concert. He is the first love of my life! I really want to have a glass of wine, just one, but I don't want to come out of Ketosis.
Well done all on the losses. Poor you scone, nothing worse. Will your dh be home soon?

ChestyNut Wed 10-Jul-13 14:01:14

Hi all

Can I join?

I have a start date for LL at the end of July.

Strangely excited, got butterflies hmm

MyJellybean Wed 10-Jul-13 18:13:24

Well done Laura and Norn on your losses. Hi Chesty, do you have much to lose. Hope you're feeling better soon Scone.

ChestyNut Wed 10-Jul-13 18:40:30

Oh yes have loads to loose!

Around 8 stone blush

This thread is not accepting new messages.