Cambridge Diet, Lighter Life, Slim&Save - VLCD'ers gather over here!

(1000 Posts)

<pats comfy sofa>

<offers peppermint tea>

Welcome one and all to *^The New Thread !*^

Results for me on Slim and Save 10 weeks = 42 pounds!

grin

Week 11 is looking rubbish for me, but I have been (and continue to be actually) poorly.

Come and make yourselves comfy...

Cheesyslice Mon 21-Oct-13 20:58:18

6.5lbs off. Now back in the 11st bracket, which I'm chuffed with.

angel That's still great. Our counsellor gave me this horrible fat-like thing to hold today and it made me realise how much 1lb of fat is! It's incredible.

angelinterceptor Tue 22-Oct-13 09:38:33

thanks, my DH put a load of heavy things in a rucksack to make up 10lbs and I could hardly believe the weight of it.
Its amazing really, what we are carrying around all the time!

I am trying to be really focussed this week, to get back on track properly. I think the wee slip ups are not good for my morale.

Cheesyslice Wed 23-Oct-13 18:56:34

I'm taking my team away for the night next week and this will inevitably involve me also taking them out for dinner - what's the best thing to eat when I'm out? May end up in a curry house...

MsJupiterJones Wed 23-Oct-13 20:33:04

Anything without a sauce - tikka or tandoori chicken?

Cheesyslice Sun 27-Oct-13 09:03:45

Thanks jupiter, will try that.

Stuck at home today with poorly DS. The temptation to eat is overwhelming...not helped by reading the storm threads and people 'panic buying' wine and chocolate! Gah. I'm ignoring the home made loaf lurking in the kitchen.

Second weigh in on Tues. my scales show I've lost another 4lbs since Monday, which is 10lbs in two weeks. I'm quite pleased with that grin. Only another two stone to go. <sigh>

How is everyone else doing? Been good this weekend?

Cheesyslice Sun 27-Oct-13 21:08:05

OMG have I killed this thread...? confused

summerbreezer Sun 27-Oct-13 22:28:22

Hi Cheesy, no I'm still here! Keeping myself really busy on the weekends so don't get online as much!

Well done on your weight loss so far - two stone is nothing on this diet (eyes her four stone with trepidation!) Also well done on resisting the home made loaf - not sure if I could!

I'm doing OK,just getting a bit bored. It's getting harder and harder to get the shakes and stuff down - they are either too sweet or too salty for me. Also starting to have some proper cravings for real food - but I think that is a good thing. My body wants real food because it is good for it, not so that I can binge upon it.

There was some stilton advertised on Downton tonight, and I thought..ooh, just a tiny piece of stilton would make me so happy!

Anyway, enough of that. I'm two stone down and feeling great. This is just for a season. It will pass - and I will look and feel so much better.

Good luck everybody x

angelinterceptor Mon 28-Oct-13 18:11:30

I had another difficult week - and was feeling so sick and sore - my DH was googling 'heart attack" not helpful.
Anyway, another 3lb off - so slow and steady seems to be my mantra.

on the timeline i have - its showing as 25% done - which is a good thing

isshoes Wed 30-Oct-13 14:17:41

Hello all,

I am still here, ploughing on. Being doing SnS 4 weeks today, and have lost a stone! V happy with that. Plus, that includes a week where I was overseas for work, and so allowed myself 4 packs a day plus a low-carb meal. Still managed to lose 2.5 pounds that week. Am about to head off on another business trip, during which I plan to allow myself that extra meal a day if need be. Then that should be the final overseas trip for me this side of Christmas, so I can get my head down and try to lose another stone before the festivities begin!

angelinterceptor Wed 30-Oct-13 19:26:25

Well done is shoes - I am also doing SnS (6 weeks done) total off is good at 1st7lb

Weekends are the hardest for me, that and making my DC their meals!

noswingpark Thu 31-Oct-13 20:04:42

Can I join the chat? I'm new to mumsnet and new to vlcd. My trial pack of slim&save came today (very impressed). I need to do this my baby is almost one and I have 2st to loose. I'm starting in the morning and really could do with some support.
Other people doing s&s how do you usually space your food and is it ok to have a pack at breakfast, one at dinner then a pack and bar together in the evening?

noswingpark Fri 01-Nov-13 10:38:34

Well I've had my first shake, hazelnut. I had it with lots of I've and it was rather nice so feeling positive. I've had 4 pints of water already (and several visits to he loo). I have a muesli bar, vanilla shake and chilli to see me through the rest of the day.
Hoping someone comes along soon to talk to me!

noswingpark Fri 01-Nov-13 10:39:05

*ice

isshoes Fri 01-Nov-13 16:14:30

Hello noswingpark. This thread can be a bit slow at times so don't take it personally! I space out by having my first pack about 10am when I get to work, one at 1pm, one at 4, and one in the evening when I get home, with the veg. Usually works just fine for me. If you are a coffee fan I recommend making up the vanilla, hazelnut, chocolate or cafe latte shake, adding a teaspoon of coffee, and warming in the microwave for 100seconds. Although you are supposed to avoid caffeine in the first four or five days, so either wait or use decaf.

I have five packs a day when I am away, or rather 4 packs plus a low carb meal. That's my way of getting through the temptation.

isshoes Fri 01-Nov-13 16:16:08

You are right to be positive by the way. It will work, and you will quickly get used to this way of eating. I love a lot of the food as well, most of the shakes and bars, and the spag Bol and chili are my favourites.

biggertentplease Sat 02-Nov-13 18:47:41

Hello. Does anybody know if there is anywhere/any way I can order Cambridge online. I had a cambridge diet counsellor but she has stopped doing it now and the nearest one is 30 miles away and has said she only does daytime appointments (I work full time now so cant do that).

I really want some of the cartons as they are great for when at work. If anybody knows if any Cambridge counsellors sell online please tell me. There isnt anything on the website.

Other option is Slim and SAve - but they are sachets, bars and meals. I dont really like the look of the meals - but if anybody has experience of these would love to hear. thanks.

SconeForAStroll Sat 02-Nov-13 18:53:31

Hello, it's me <raises sunglasses> in disguise. Haven't been on since The Drama Of The Back Began.

It is still fucked. Which is nice no no it isn't and I have cut myself total slack as a result of the very very strong painkillers I am on. Mostly because I was told to. Waiting on an MRI <drums fingers> and planning to start again in January when realistically it will have been the best part of six months and if it isn't sorted by then it may never be.

Anyhoo, long and rambly but that is me. not the drugs hoh noh

I will be back....

summerbreezer Sat 02-Nov-13 20:29:04

Hello everyone!

Welcome aboard, noswing. How is it going now? This thread is a little slow - I wonder if that is due to the joy of being on this kind of diet. If I was on SW or WW or low carbing or whatever, I would feel the need to come online every day to agonise over what to eat. Because VLCD are so simple, I just kind of get on with it!

I have my packs, I lose weight, I deal with the mental issues that lead to me putting on weight in the first place. Simple.

I'm afraid I can't help on the subject of Cambridge, Biggertent, as I'm a Lighter Lifer. I agree that the ready made packs are a real advantage to Cambridge. I wish LL did more quick and easy made up stuff - I am out all day every day and find making up a shake really messy and cumbersome.

Sconeso sorry to hear about your back. I think you are totally right to concentrate on getting better - VCLD's will always be here! Hope to see you in January,

4lbs down for me this week. I am very nearly overweight (on the BMI chart) which is quite exciting! Have a great week everyone.

mycatoscar Sat 02-Nov-13 20:54:36

Me and dh ordered 4 weeks of exante today to share, if we can get through the first 7-10 days we'll order more.

We've done Cambridge together before and lost loads. Fingers crossed we can stick it.

I'd like to lose 2 stone initially although I really need to lose more but I know/hope that 2 stone is an achievable goal to begin with. Even 1 stone would be a hell of a lot better than where I am now.

We've ordered a bumper pack which has bars and meals as well as porridge so fingers crossed we like enough to await to carry on.

It's available online and works out £27 a week so cheaper than Cambridge and no having to get to a counsellor etc.

VeryStressedMum Tue 05-Nov-13 00:00:30

Hello I'm going to join you smile This evening I ordered 2 weeks worth of slim & save shakes, hopefully they will be here this week. I did Cambridge previously and lost loads it worked really well, but I don't really need or want a consultant, (in fact I think I knew more about vlcds than the consultant!) And don't want to have to drive 20 miles to get to her. So hopefully this will work just as well.

I lost nearly 5 st on cambridge, and have put 2 ish (maybe more) back on though I'm not really sure as I haven't weighed myself for ages and don't plan to until the morning of day 1!

I still have some cambridge shakes from last time, the bb date is April but I had one the other day and it tasted fine grin so I may start on those until my shakes arrive.

Well done everyone on your great losses, I hope my losses are great too.

Cheesyslice Tue 05-Nov-13 05:40:31

Hi ladies

Another 2lb off - that's 10lb in 3 weeks on LLL. Dead chuffed. And I'm never hungry! Anyone else find that? Wee'd on the ketostick thing and my counsellor said it was the darkest she'd seen for a Lite client so I'm burning the fat off slowly but surely. She said Lite clients should lose 10lb/month so if I carry on this way I'll be just over 10st by Xmas which would be amazing.

How is everyone else getting on? Anyone got any tips for what to take with a killer sore throat? I'm desperate for some Benylin but don't want it to kick me out of ketosis...

mycatoscar Tue 05-Nov-13 07:06:20

First day on exante and just sitting eating my 'porridge' think I need slightly less water! At least there's lumps to chew on grin

It tastes just like the Cambridge ones from memory and I've got bean chilli for lunch! Yum!

I have to do this, I have a pill check up in 2 weeks and haven't lost anything even though the nurse frowned at me last time. How much realistically can u lose in 2 weeks, well 16 days...

Good luck to everyone else who is starting/just started.

angelinterceptor Tue 05-Nov-13 08:23:32

Another 2lb loss for me this week ( on SnS) that's slow and steady for me.
Have a dinner party to work round this weekend and a weekend away the following week so this will be test for how well I can work round distractions etc.

I am almost never hungry but still want to eat nice things when out for coffee or at a friends etc or when the children had all the trick or treat stash last weekend.

Good luck everyone

bail16 Tue 05-Nov-13 08:34:43

Hi, can I join?
I've been on Cambridge diet for 2 weeks and lost 11.5lb. I would love to lose 4 stone, but to be honest just 2 would have be extremely happy!
Im going to a wedding dress party on Sunday, so have managed to lose enough to get back into that (and be able to breathe!!) but that was the kick start I needed!
Am finding it all ok, but to be honest I think that's mostly to do with the fact I have an 8 month old daughter who I'm so busy with I forget about food!!

noswingpark Tue 05-Nov-13 17:44:49

Hello. I'm doing ok on slim&save. The meals are really tasty! I'm very impressed. I had the sample pack to begin so Ive ordered another week off ebay (free next day delivery sold by sns). Its my baby's birthday next week and I weigh more now than just after he was born so I need to say determined.

This thread is not accepting new messages.