Cambridge Diet, Lighter Life, Slim&Save - VLCD'ers gather over here!

(1000 Posts)

<pats comfy sofa>

<offers peppermint tea>

Welcome one and all to *^The New Thread !*^

Results for me on Slim and Save 10 weeks = 42 pounds!

grin

Week 11 is looking rubbish for me, but I have been (and continue to be actually) poorly.

Come and make yourselves comfy...

Exantevirgin Wed 04-Sep-13 17:51:46

And?...

Toomanyrolls32 Wed 04-Sep-13 18:15:41

Good luck chesty xx

ChestyNut Wed 04-Sep-13 20:23:35

4lbs

2st 1lb in 5 weeks.

Go me grin

bbpants Wed 04-Sep-13 21:38:14

Wow, Chesty, that's fantastic.

Angel - don't be daunted, slim and save is very doable, especially if you've got a run without lots of social events. I am a BIG drinker (anybody who knows me would tell You I love my wine) but I found the giving up alcohol the easy bit. I do miss it, but I feel SO much better without it.

Exantevirgin Wed 04-Sep-13 22:32:29

Everyone is doing so well! I had a struggle of a day and still not in ketosis?! I wanna join your impressive weight loss club but I just know my weight loss is gonna be pathetic cos I never seem to lose no matter what I do. Did any of u troopers feel like u couldn't make it after just 3 days?
chesty I hope I even make it to five weeks never mind such an amazing loss. Well done u!

bbpants Thu 05-Sep-13 07:23:55

Exante - I'm not an expert but I think it can sometimes take 5 days to reach ketosis. And day 3 is notorious for feeling rubbish - it's the 'carb flu'. Keep going - it WILL get better.

angelinterceptor Thu 05-Sep-13 08:07:28

Had my first shake today - caramel shake - was OK

Testing the flavors maybe one per day until I start properly on 16th

I am usually so boring I will probably only get one or two shake flavors, soups, bars in any case.

SweetLuckyPig Thu 05-Sep-13 12:34:27

Week 2 weigh in 9lb loss, that's 19lb in 2 weeks.

How is everyone feeling/doing?

Exantevirgin Thu 05-Sep-13 13:54:00

sweetluckypig well done that is great work! I'm on day four and hunger is getting easier but I do still miss proper food . Am dreading the weekend! Have u had any mishaps or followed to the letter?

Toomanyrolls32 Thu 05-Sep-13 15:48:50

Fantastic sweet great start keep up the good work

ChestyNut Thu 05-Sep-13 17:33:46

sweet that is freaking awesome grin

exante just keep going. It is terrible until you're into ketosis properly.
No negative thoughts. You can do this

<waves weight loss Pom poms>

Exantevirgin Thu 05-Sep-13 18:25:36

Thank u chesty. Really need some words of support cos really losing that enthusiasm I started with and although I had traces of keytones on day two, they've gone again?! Just don't get it?! Think I'm beyond help!!

ChestyNut Thu 05-Sep-13 18:39:01

Is it packs only? ( forgive me my memory is terrible)

Some people take longer than others to get into ketosis and if you're drinking plenty of water the cour would be lighter anyway.
I think day 5 is normally my in ketosis day.

Just think what the alternative is?

For me it's suffer for a short while or be unhealthy, unhappy, uncomfortable and in attractive.

Ill take the suffering.

Tell me the good things about loosing that weight.....

tiffany where are you?

Exantevirgin Thu 05-Sep-13 18:54:53

Thanks chesty. Yeah just three packs a day and. Reservoir of water ! Just can't stop thinking about food! I like spicy food and loads of different flavours and that's what I miss. Coping without glass of wine much better than I thought tho

SweetLuckyPig Thu 05-Sep-13 19:49:07

Exante. I have followed to plan 100%, there has been some hard days. I have always drank a shed load of full fat coke, and the 1st week I used black coffee but am now 4 days caffeine free.

I have cried and gone to bed at 7oclock at times but what the future holds is what is important to me.

Try not to focus to hard on ketosis, it will come, I tested on day 2 because I'm impatient but haven't since.

Re the spicy flavours my consultant told me I could add chilli flakes, Worcester sauce, salt pepper ect to the soups, it helped in that initial few days.

I set myself small targets like get through today and see what tomorrow holds and wake up feeling positive the next day. You can do this.

Exantevirgin Thu 05-Sep-13 20:49:33

Aw! I am so grateful for your comforting words of support . Thank you! I know that if I cheat or give in I will only beat myself up and hate myself as I've done the same on other diets. The fact that everyone keeps saying that it gets easier, is keeping me more determined I think cos I do feel less hungry overall just have my moments. I'm definitely gonna set my self small goals. Great idea!

So.... 1-Must get to first weigh in without cheating
2-to lose seven pounds over two weeks
3- to inspire another newbie like u have done me

Thanks gal and keep it going

Exantevirgin Thu 05-Sep-13 20:50:55

And well done in the caffeine! U really are hardcore!

ChestyNut Fri 06-Sep-13 07:00:26

Have a good day ladies thanks

Exantevirgin Fri 06-Sep-13 07:43:17

Thanks chesty, you too honey!

SweetLuckyPig Fri 06-Sep-13 07:51:23

Thanks Chesty. thanks

A new day and now I can have bars, I am looking forward to chewing something ha!

Exante great goals, you can do this.

PutThatDownNow Fri 06-Sep-13 08:07:33

Hi everyone, I'm back. Lovely to see everyone doing so well and so many new faces (not entirely sure that's the right word for a forum but hopefully you know what I mean).

Have been missing for 3 or 4 weeks. Came off plan as wasn't well and then have been on hols. Took shakes with me on hols and managed to use them a bit, eg for breakfast to limit the damage. Back now and 2lb on so not too bad all in all.

Need to get back on track today. Fingers crossed I can use some willpower today.

angelinterceptor Sat 07-Sep-13 14:04:18

OMG just tried one of the packs from SnS - chilli con carne.
Not great to be honest.

Does anyone just do the shakes, soups and bars and leave the dodgy 'meals' out?

Can anyone doing slim n save recommend any favourites?

Thanks

Exantevirgin Sat 07-Sep-13 17:19:04

I'm mixing the meals with shakes and bars. It's my day six today and feeling extra tired for some reason. I have felt ok energy wise all week but not today. Feeling a bit deprived of a life at the weekend. It feels like a slog left to go. Not a happy bunny today. And still not in ketosis so just don't get it? Am I even burning fat or just doing this for fun? Sorry to soon so negative but really struggling today

ChestyNut Sat 07-Sep-13 19:56:08

Wooh! Is it weigh day tomorrow exante?

Exciting! Can't weight to see how you've done smile

Toomanyrolls32 Sat 07-Sep-13 19:59:26

Well my packs arrived, I'm holding off till Monday to start so I can get all naughtiness out the way, plus a lush roast at my mums tomorrow. Fingers crossed and lots of support may be needed to get through this!! Wish me luck!!

This thread is not accepting new messages.