Cambridge Diet, Lighter Life, Slim&Save - VLCD'ers gather over here!

(1000 Posts)

<pats comfy sofa>

<offers peppermint tea>

Welcome one and all to *^The New Thread !*^

Results for me on Slim and Save 10 weeks = 42 pounds!

grin

Week 11 is looking rubbish for me, but I have been (and continue to be actually) poorly.

Come and make yourselves comfy...

sammac Sat 27-Jul-13 17:04:19

Today's WI was another 3 lbs off, total 61 1/2. Followed immediately by 2 classes - I am so determined to not only lose weight but be toned. A CXWORX for tummy tightening, followed by BodyCombat. Felt so unco-ordinated at the combat class, a lot of punching and kicking and sweating but I can feel my side muscles, whatever the are called aching!!

Gym intro tomorrow where they test my fitnessblush not looking forward to that

MyJellybean Sun 28-Jul-13 21:58:26

My dd is also 11, she has 2 hours of clubs each evening Mon to Fri and 4 hours on Sat. I intend to do classes during these times. Going to join next week as she is at PGL this week so I'm sticking to 2hr walks with the dog this week. WI tomoz and hoping for a 2lb loss.

MyJellybean Tue 30-Jul-13 21:00:46

Weigh in yesterday.
Week 11 = 3lb loss
Total loss = 33 1/2lb
Current weight 10st 6 1/2lb

sammac Tue 30-Jul-13 21:17:36

Well done . What's your target?

ChestyNut Wed 31-Jul-13 10:46:05

Today's the day!

First LL class tonight to pick up packs and start in the morning.

<nervous>

ChestyNut Wed 31-Jul-13 15:41:04

Anybody there?

<tumbleweed>

I feel strangely tearful about starting hmm

MyJellybean Wed 31-Jul-13 17:49:06

Chestynut, tumbleweed was exactly what l thought on Monday.

Sammac, l wanted to be 9st something, but have decided a 50lb loss sounds good. I was 12st 9lb so a 3st 8lb loss will take me to 9st 1lb then there's the approx 4lb gain when I come off so that will be a nice 9st 5lb for my almost 5'2" height. Although I've not been under 9st 10lb since my 20s and I'm now early 40s.

MyJellybean Wed 31-Jul-13 17:50:52

Chestynut, don't be tearful. I was sceptical but excited and l remain excited for every weigh in. First couple of days are tough but just keep your hands busy and avoid kitchens and shops.

ChestyNut Wed 31-Jul-13 20:36:44

I think it's just the overwhelmingness of committing to this.

And it's a huuuuuge mountain I have to climb.

Ready for the ketosis headache.

PutThatDownNow Wed 31-Jul-13 21:23:51

Hi everyone. Have been laying low as not feeling great (not diet related). Weigh in yesterday though and 4lb off ,so a total of 8lb in just under 3 weeks. Feels slow compared to amazing results for some of you but at least it's all going in the right direction.

I hope your first session went well ChestyNut. One day at a time, you don't have to look at the huge mountain, any loss is a loss smile

antimatter Thu 01-Aug-13 16:35:38

I went quiet too as due to stress at work I stopped for 10 days. But I am back and altogether lost so far 10 pounds in just over 3 weeks.

ChestyNut Thu 01-Aug-13 22:32:18

Phew had a panic then, couldn't find the thread!

Day 1 over smile

smokinaces Fri 02-Aug-13 12:14:29

I'm here :-D had an almighty wagon day or two last weekend. Eton mess, birthday cake, crisps, ice cream. Gin. Wine. Champagne. Bacon butties.

But I had a sts this week. Still at 10'2. So am happy that I can enjoy a proper blow out weekend just once in a while, scoot my arse straight back onto it and not gain weight.

Am on 2 packs a day and two meals at the minute. Porrdige or shake in the morning, and a bar at lunch with a couple of salads. Seems to be working at maintaining. I want to so that last half a stone but struggling to motivate myself. One day ill go back to three or four packs!!

PutThatDownNow Fri 02-Aug-13 12:27:52

Well done antimatter and smoking. How was day one Chesty? It does get easier.

Am visiting family this weekend but have made contingency plans and taking shakes with me so hopefully I can stay on track.

sammac Fri 02-Aug-13 18:19:52

Welcome Chestynut, I am on LL too. I started on the Wed and had the headache on the Friday and nothing else since. Hopefully you're over the worst of it!

Myjelly 9.5 is amazing (dreams......) I've still not totally decided mine- will continue for August and see where my BMI is. I can actually get my size 12 jeans on and zipped, though they are too tight to go out in - but it's a start.

I was at a night out during the week with old friends and my ego was well boosted with the lovely compliments. I treated myself to a new pair of....skinny jeans, which just slipped on easily- size 14s. That felt good - and I have to continue that.

Smokin, the right time will happen - the summer holidays are difficult when everyone is out of routines, it's hot (hopefully) and bbqs, ice creams, and wines are plentiful.

Weigh day tomorrow- I so want to get over the 4 1/2 stone mark- 63 lbs, fingers crossed.

Wowserz129 Fri 02-Aug-13 18:27:30

After low carbing for some time and losing 7lbs over 4 weeks I am back on slim and save.

Don't think I will get anywhere need to be by my America trip so I am back here grin

I am on day 3 and its worrying me that I have felt totally fine. Last time first 3/4 days were awful.

glendatheveryexcitedwitch Fri 02-Aug-13 18:51:03

Hi can I join you?

First day of Cambridge today and I'm not hungry but cannot stop thinking of food - all kinds of food - food I'm not even keen on!! Totally psychological warfare going on lol!!!

I weighed in last night as 22st 6lb so a loooooooot to lose to achieve an ideal bmi of 25 so gonna do it stone by stone.

Did the Cambridge diet 3 years ago for 3 mths and lost 2 stone - I need big losses to motivate me.

I've just started my degree (midwifery) and am struggling with getting up and down off the floor, running to emergencies etc.. I suffer from really bad headaches, backache and dodgy knees so I really must succeed this time!!

Fingers x'd we can all get to where we want to be!!!!

PutThatDownNow Sat 03-Aug-13 08:10:26

Hi Glenda and Wowserz. Well done on making a start, once you are past the first few days it will get easier.

wowserz - am sure it's working, even better if it's fairly painless!

Did some quick shopping last night and was down a size. That's only 24/26 to 20/22 but it's the right direction and a boost to have the changing room assistant tell me I need the smaller size. A long way until skinny jeans for me sammac envysmile

ChestyNut Sat 03-Aug-13 10:08:48

Hi

Can anyone help? I can't see the thread when I come into the topic or on convos I'm on? Having to google it.

What have I done? hmm

sammac that's a great loss, how long has it taken?

All ok here, have had a headache since day 2 and not sleeping well, seems to be making my RLS rear it's head sad

glenda and putthat I'm around the same size as you. Seems like such a long way to go but trying to think one day at a time.

I know exactly what you mean glenda I work in healthcare too and being this overweight is affecting me hugely at work sad

antimatter Sat 03-Aug-13 12:10:24

I already feel the difference I was 15st5 and now I am 14st9 and height 5'3'' - so lost just over 10 pounds.

What helped is that I told my kids and my friends at work this time - I feel ashamed to snack now as I feel at last I acknowledged weight to be my problem.

I really want to succeed this time as I feel I have been not doing stuff I really liked in the past (mountain walking, salsa/ceroc dancing and cycling) due to weight and being unfit and that makes me a bit sad for lost opportunities - I don't want to feel the same next year and year after.
Also the idea of inflicting some horrible illness onto myself by being obese also worried me enough to start doing something about it.
It is hard to keep at it, but I come back to this thread and see that others succeeded and it makes me hopeful that I will get there as well.
I think it's important to know that every one of us has days we have meals - not just replacement drinks all day. One meal or sandwich won't make us fail, but not stopping after one day may make it harder to motivate ourselves again.

ChestyNut Sat 03-Aug-13 14:08:12

I haven't told anyone apart from my BF as don't want people's negative thoughts setting me off.

Everyone's always got an opinion hmm

Just walked Chestydog.

MyJellybean Sat 03-Aug-13 22:36:06

I didn't tell anyone until they asked how I'd lost so much weight so quickly. Now 2 of those people have also taken it on. I went to a BBQ this evening and was talking to a lady who lost 10stone in one year with LL 7 Years ago and she is still at target. She said when's he goes up to a certain weight she just does a couple of weeks back on plan and its gone. It was good to hear someone has found it easy to stay at target for so long.

antimatter Sun 04-Aug-13 00:24:18

thanks for sharing that story MyJellybean

I believe in not so recent past (I would say my GP's generation) many people were underfed and living on very few calories, esp. winter/spring on farms, they had no choice when food run down!
In a way us overeating is response to that fear of hunger

sammac Sun 04-Aug-13 00:26:50

Today has not been a goood day!

sammac Sun 04-Aug-13 00:34:03

I needed 1 1/2 lbs to get to 4 1/2 stone, and for he first time since starting, I only lost one miserable pound!!

Despite going to 3 classes, 2 gym sessions and 2 swims. I felt very down - I had a psychological build up to getting to it today. The leader obviously saw how disappointed I was and calculated my average weekly loss to show that I had lost way above the average week on week.

Anyway, tonight at ds's football presentation night, I could easily have gone to wine... but I boringly had my water. However, I did succumb to the buffet. I licked the tuna out of a sandwich, ate the sausage from a sausage roll, had 2 bites of pizza and probably the equivalent of a packet of crisps. And I've just had a sneaky chocolate biscuit. I feel better and will get straight onto it tomorrow. Obviously out of ketosis, but I think I just needed that.

Confession time over. It's done and dusted- next week is beckoning.

This thread is not accepting new messages.