I don't know how to begin!!

(7 Posts)
flipchart Mon 17-Jun-13 00:00:29

I need to lose 3 stone.
I hear about diet and exercise.
I don't even know what diet to do! I can't really afford a club and even if I could I work an irregular shift patten. However I do get plenty of time off in the day to exercise.

And about the gym. I see people say they go to the gym 4 times a week but what do they actually do there!
Help get me started please. I'm fed up of being fat!

Tortington Mon 17-Jun-13 00:10:05

go to any gym, get an induction they will show you around
you could also consider classes such as zumba

re: diet - the equation is simple

move more - eat less and healthily.

however the reason the diet industry make billions is becuase many of us require an eating structure

you have to find yours.

my eating structure is low carbing - which in essence is not feeding your body any sugar and sugar is in almost everything. the LC method means if you dont feed your body sugar it burns existing stores of fat. you can't eat many carbs such as rice, bread, potato, pasta. you eat more protien and vegetables.

flipchart Mon 17-Jun-13 00:17:22

I do quite like classes such as kettlebells and circuit. My problem is that I haven't been going regularly enough.
It's the dieting that I struggle with. I have put on 3 stone in the last 3 years and have been trying to diet but put more weight on!

I will give the LC a go but worried that I will feel restricted as I am a veggie. I love my Oats so simple for breakfast!
Thanks for replyling

HeySoulSister Mon 17-Jun-13 08:05:42

LC is the way for me too. And running. I run 4 times a week now and it's addictive

Alongside LC eating, I've lost 4 stone 3

flipchart Mon 17-Jun-13 08:33:32

That is really good HeySoul!
I've woke up with a new mind set.

I'm out on a big mountain walk today and I'm booked in for a circuit class tonight. This was all booked before my plan!

My mountain food isn't particularly LC - seededed bread with soft cheese and dates followed by a banana but I'm going to need the energy for a hike up Old Man Coniston!

Vickibee Wed 19-Jun-13 14:43:08

I am in the same boat as you, don't have a gym nearby so I have started brisk walking at least one hour per day and trying to eat 1400 cals per day which i have found easier than I thought. The worst time is after 8pm when you fell like snacking on the sofa. I need to lose 4 stone and it seems a huge mammoth task

HeySoulSister Wed 19-Jun-13 14:45:49

i'm doing 3peaks challenge in august so need more weight off

mountain food....now theres a thought!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now