Anyone tried the Insanity workout?

(13 Posts)
SugarPasteGreyhound Mon 17-Jun-13 08:47:24

Thanks all. I might stick with the shred for a bit then - it's a while since I have done it. But will look in on the exercise thread!

There's an ongoing thread about it in Sport and Exercise here.

I think if you can do the Shred pretty easily - ie, pretty fit and strong, then you are ready for Insanity.

For a taster and some idea of the level you can find the fit test from Insanity on Youtube (I think you do this at the start then every two weeks to check progress).

Calamansi Sun 16-Jun-13 23:05:43

Wow congrats on your weight loss so far! I am a huge fan of insanity, it's not cheap and it is hard! but stick with it and it really really works, I've lost weight, gained energy and feel in the shape if my life, seriously I can't recommend it enough! If you google "insanity transformation videos" it will give you a good idea of what to expect and the amazing results it gets...

HeySoulSister Sun 16-Jun-13 23:03:59

I want it now!! But can't afford that... Bet there's some on ebay

Earlybird Sun 16-Jun-13 23:01:11

I've also seen the adverts for it. Seems impossibly hard, but the 'before' and 'after' photos are impressive.

One thing I wonder about: the people they show doing the workout are literally dripping with sweat. If you do the routine at home, you might have to cover all visible surfaces with plastic sheeting! grin

cornyblend37 Sun 16-Jun-13 22:57:42

insanity looks like really hard work - you must lose weight with it I reckon

rusmum Sun 16-Jun-13 22:54:32

It is much harder than shred. I can do shred ok but insanity is hard!! Bitit works. . If u can afford it do it.

creighton Sun 16-Jun-13 20:04:10

check you tube to see what it consists of.

I seen the advert for it while I was in the states... I got knackered and sore just watching it!

I know some people who have used it as well, they have said that it's solid and they're frequent exercisers and practice a sport...

SugarPasteGreyhound Sun 16-Jun-13 19:52:57

Meant to say, bloody hell 5 stone is amazing! That's an incredible achievement.

SugarPasteGreyhound Sun 16-Jun-13 19:52:00

Yep, £99 at Argos shock which is why I want some MN feedback before investing!!

Have got the 30 day shred; am wondering if I am better just sticking with that?

HeySoulSister Sun 16-Jun-13 18:55:48

oh well done!! i'm on stone 5 of 6 and work out/run lots too....have heard about this and would LOVE to try it!!

its expensive tho?

SugarPasteGreyhound Sun 16-Jun-13 18:26:41

Is it:

a) do-able
b) worth it?

Already go to the gym 3-5 days a week. Have lost just over 2 stone through healthy eating and more exercise, but have a further 3 st to go.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now