Healthy, Revolutionary and Gorgeous!

(1000 Posts)
SixPackWellies Sun 26-May-13 08:25:07

Good morning Fellow Revolutionaries. Welcome to Thread 2!

Me today:

coffee with soy milk
2 ryvitas with half an avocado
spicy tomato soup (homemade) with a green salad
Small portion of roast pork, with lost of veg, a tablespoon of gravy!

Onwards and Downwards!

BloodiedGhouloshes Fri 11-Oct-13 12:39:52

I think it is true about losing yourself as a woman, Rules. That is certainly a part of how I feel, and is perhaps one reason why i have put on weight again, and feel so frumpy and dreadful.

My DPs still interfere though from afar....... i sent a picture of our youngest this week and my DFather actually rang me just to tell me he needed a haircut!!!!! I went ballistic, and it was about 'how dare you comment or judge when you are so far away'. blush

We have made up now though. smile

I am sorry you are estranged from your parents Rules. Regardless of why or how, it must be painful. thanks

Rules Fri 11-Oct-13 13:07:54

Thanks BloodiedG. It was painful in a way as im an only child and hadn't seen them for 21 years. Then they turned up from Australia last year completely out of the blue and were searching for me. They managed to find me through old friends and then I had the big decision of whether to see them or not. I initially decided that I didn't want them in my life and told them. Then my mother pulled the "illness" card so me being me and being soft, decided there an then to give them a chance. Met up with them and had an amazing bittersweet few days. Introduced them to my kids, who are now in their twenties. My mother hadn't really changed. She could still be a total cow (lol) with comments about my weight ( even when I was a skinny 7 and a half stone she would comment on my weight and im very tall). Anyway that was a year ago and it took me a good 8 months to adjust to having them in my life, even from a distance. I still find it difficult to talk to them on the phone but its sort of getting easier. My dad is now ill too. Typical, they get in touch when they are falling apart at the seams ha ha. Still not sure of how I feel.

Threalamandaclarke Fri 11-Oct-13 20:00:44

ghouloshes how cheeky. Parents (tut)

I'm sorry to hear that Rules. But thank you for sharing.
It sounds as though you're a very good mother to your DCs.
I'm not sure why they aren't involved really. We just don't seem to have that sort of relationship.
I wonder f I ought to have thought about it more than I have grin
My closest friend has superb parents in that way. (I love mine, they're just different from hers). They look after her DC every week, often holiday together etc. we just aren't like that.

Threalamandaclarke Fri 11-Oct-13 20:52:52

Oh. Food
Fasting day so I aimed for fewer than 500 calories.
B: none
L: none
D: mulligatawny soup, 2 forkfuls of spaghetti with pesto. 1 slice of garlic flatbread (bit annoyed about the carbs there tbh. They just snuck in) 1 plum.
Drinks: black coffee, a few teas and coffees with s's milk.
I need some sleep.
O&D FRs

Hazelbrowneyes Fri 11-Oct-13 21:45:07

About to board ferry to France, will post during the week. Big hugs to all. Promise to be a better revolutionary on my return.

Mwah! Xxxxx

Rules Fri 11-Oct-13 21:46:21

Ooo yes....my food today

small slice of fresh baked maple ham straight from the oven with salad leaves, grated cheese and sour cream

small portion of chilli chicken, leaves and sour cream ( Im so into sour cream at the moment....it is delicious)

handful of chocolate buttons
5 squares of Anglesey Sea Salt Chocolate

Rules Fri 11-Oct-13 21:56:36

Have a great time Hazel grin grin grin grin grin

LegoCaltrops Fri 11-Oct-13 22:46:24

Hi everyone. Sorry to hear about your family problems, it rather puts mine into perspective - interfering & opinionated, DM & MIL manipulative in their own ways. And I've mentioned my dad before. But I'm lucky as at least they are around, (sometimes a lot more than I want but ho hum).

Well, I didn't chicken out - I am now a pixie! is very short! I love it. My mother, I suspect, does not (judging by her reaction when she saw it.) I had to count to 10 before I replied to her. Bollocks to her, I don't care. I love it, DH loves it, I don't give a stuff what anyone else thinks.

In other news, it appears I've been wearing the wrong size shoes since... erm... childhood possibly? Or I've had some kind of pregnancy-induced foot shrinkage? I haven't a clue how it's happened. I went to get measured yesterday for the first time in about 20 years. I've been in trainers for about 2 years (rough pregnancy, then mat leave, plus I walk a lot) so I thought, I need to make sure I'm buying the right size. I usually buy size 5. Turns out I'm a 3. Actually a 2.5 on my left foot, but I'd need to buy size 3. DH was most unhelpful in the shop, sniggering etc (he has size 13 feet since he is a giant!) and now apparently I'm a tiny person. It didn't help that the ' sample' pair the woman brought out was from the kids range - to be specific, those damned things with the doll in the heel. And that the 6 year old across from me apparently had feet only 3 sizes smaller. Didn't know whether to laugh or cry! I literally have no shoes that fit me now. Apparently my feet have shrunk from the weight loss!?!? By 2 sizes!

O&D FRs

Threalamandaclarke Sat 12-Oct-13 08:19:02

Hazel have a great time.

Lego you're so petit. How adorable you must look with your new haircut.

NFD for me.
0% Greek yogurt with almonds and a drizzle of honey.
About to have full English.
Just ate a mini brownie by accident angry

Rules Sat 12-Oct-13 11:49:50

Lego my daughter had the same thing. We used to buy her a size 8 and now she takes a size 6 shock shock shock
How did you lose your weight btw?

Rules Sat 12-Oct-13 11:56:59

Lego it's PM isn't it?

LegoCaltrops Sun 13-Oct-13 16:18:15

Hi Rules combination of things really. But PM is what's worked best for me, mentally, weight-loss wise & bearing in mind that some things affect my IBS.

I am contemplating doing a few fast days though, as this last bit of flab is refusing to move. As well as keeping up with the PM 'mindful eating' the rest of the time, obviously. I hope. And not stuffing too much of that brioche which is now cool (& therefore cuttable). grin We need a [pig stuffing face] emoticon.

O&D FRs

Rules Sun 13-Oct-13 16:55:55

Well "Well done" Lego. How long has it taken you and how much have you lost? smile

LegoCaltrops Sun 13-Oct-13 20:14:38

Thanks Rules. So far I've lost 3st 5lb, in about 10 months. Am having a major plateau at the moment though. Want to get rid of the last 7-10 lb (approximately), it's just not going. At least I don't feel like Monstro the Whale Lady any more. (I really ballooned when I was pregnant - hideous morning sickness, nothing but snacking worked.)

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...

BloodiedGhouloshes Mon 14-Oct-13 15:53:39

Lego your stats always inspire me. smile

Me today:

B - chopped banana, cashews, natural yoghurt and honey. 2 white coffees
S- half an English muffin toasted with a smear of blue cheese
L- baked salmon fillet with a green salad
D- omelette and I have a glut of courgettes... for some reason I have bought them every time I am out, yet have not sued them. hmm so I am going to try my hand at making tempura courgettes.

Threalamandaclarke Mon 14-Oct-13 20:01:35

Reading about all your lovely food is making me <needs greedy- salivating emoticom> thlenvy
I am fasting today. Black coffee, couple of white teas, apple tea, lemon tea, 3 mini veggie savoury egg things (150cals total thlblush), homemade spicy tomato soup (? Cals), 1 mi I breadstick, 3 cubes of melon, zero % yogurt (60 cals). Hopefully around 500 cals. I used to be better at this but I think I am both very tired and out if practice after a few weeks off fasting.
I aim to eat PM stylee tomorrow but may derail. I have 2 cakes to bake and I feel so tired and a bit overwhelmed with daily life that I sometimes just can't thing straight enough to eat properly. If only that meant not eating at all.thlgrin But no. It usually means grazing and snacking thlangry

LegoCaltrops Mon 14-Oct-13 20:50:43

Thanks Ghouloshes. I love courgettes, very jealous of your over-supply!

Well, I went shopping today. Came back with loads of stuff for DD, nothing for me, especially NO SHOES! Why do no decent shoe shops stock anything nice in size 3, I feel like a freak. Going to different town tomorrow as there is an outlet place & a TK Maxx. <hopeful>

I may try a fast tomorrow. I'll see how it goes.

O&D FRs

Threalamandaclarke Mon 14-Oct-13 22:26:20

Lego I have just been clearing up the kitchen and thought of you as I trod, barefoot on a piece of "pirate island" Duplo thlgrin
How frustrating about the shoes. I hope tomorrow's trip goes better. Maybe online would be the way to go. You're like Cinderella aren't you, all those great big clodhopping shoes and you need some nice dainty ones.
Good luck with your fast. I find the longer I can leave it before eating, the better. And I am most successful if I plan very tightly, so then I have a rigid list of food to stick to. I'd really like to have no food until early supper and then hae soup and a piece of fruit. It's surprisingly difficult when trying to feed other ppl thlgrin

Threalamandaclarke Mon 14-Oct-13 22:30:15

Tempura courgettes mmmmmmmm

LegoCaltrops Tue 15-Oct-13 00:06:44

Thanks Amanda. I used to have a standard fasting day meal of: portion boiled rice noodles, served with some king prawns or chicken breast, homemade soy/honey/chilli/sesame dressing, all on an enormous plate of mixed salad leaves & raw veg. It came to around 500 calories & was a big plateful! I couldn't manage that now, (PM = can't eat that much all at once any more) but I could have a half portion, which would give me some calories for a coffee & apple while I'm out so I don't faint (again). I'm so out of practice at counting calories.

Threalamandaclarke Tue 15-Oct-13 08:55:54

Lego your fasting meal sounds great. Really nutritious. I cba to cook really blush so a tin of soup is perfect, but yours sounds better.
Laziness is one of the reasons I used to try a near zero fast. But also because if I needed to I could have tea and coffee with milk in throughout the day without thinking about it.
This week is a bit full on with visitors and baking (novelty cake) but I will try a mini fast on Friday, and PM the rest of the time <crosses fingers for luck>. Next week I'll try 5:2 more strictly.
Happy shopping.

Hazelbrowneyes Tue 15-Oct-13 17:46:07

Being a terrible revolutionary. Eating too much cheese, loads of crisps & drinking far too much wine. Not doing an awful lot, been out on the boat a few times and chilling out. Raining now so staying in tonight. Not worn an awful lot of the mountain of clothes I've brought with me. Whoops.

Looks like we're going to need a new thread soon...we're a gobby lot! thlwink

BloodiedGhouloshes Wed 16-Oct-13 08:30:02

Oh My goodness1 We are nearly out of room! Who wants to start the next one?

Threalamandaclarke Wed 16-Oct-13 09:28:33

Over to you Ghouloshes as our esteemed leader.

BloodiedGhouloshes Wed 16-Oct-13 09:38:30

Am racking brains for a decent name!

This thread is not accepting new messages.