Healthy, Revolutionary and Gorgeous!

(1000 Posts)
SixPackWellies Sun 26-May-13 08:25:07

Good morning Fellow Revolutionaries. Welcome to Thread 2!

Me today:

coffee with soy milk
2 ryvitas with half an avocado
spicy tomato soup (homemade) with a green salad
Small portion of roast pork, with lost of veg, a tablespoon of gravy!

Onwards and Downwards!

Emilythornesbff Fri 05-Jul-13 08:01:24

Morning FRs and esteemed leader.
wellies I am always impressed with your menu. I think I often eat too much "empty" food. I need to change that.
Yesterday: FD so I had some milk in a few cups of decaf and 1 low cal hot choc. Nothing to eat.

NFD today.
Bf: nectarine, small petite fills type thing, fry up. 1 slice bacon, 1 egg, 1 slice toast.
L: hmm. Might skip lunch or just have fruit. We'll see.
D: chicken salad. Almost certainly followed by a (lidl's own) mini magnum)
I might try out that drink this evening. If babythorne will oblige and take expressed milk for her bedtime feed.
O&D FRs

hazel?

Hazelbrowneyes Fri 05-Jul-13 08:17:31

Happy Friday!

I’ve put on 2lbs this week – no real surprise BUT it has spurred me on. New motto:

Why put off until tomorrow what you can easily do today?

So, rather than “Oh, might as well wait until Monday to start the diet again” I’m starting today.

B – none
L – mugshot
D – no idea but I want something simple
S – melon and I have quavers & a breakfast bar if I want them, although I doubt I’ll get time today.

Tonight would usually be pub night but I don’t know if I can be bothered. If the weather is nice, I’ll stay in the garden. Not sure if I’ll drink tonight.

I did break Dry July yesterday. Went to the inlaws for a takeaway (I know, I know) and had 2 glasses of cava. I’d had an absolute corker of a day with DH (who was just “H” yesterday angry) and he drove so I could have a drink. Of course, dinner was takeaway and I scoffed a lot of food.

The whole tub of a chicken garlic chilli massala, half a pot of rice, a poppadum and ¼ of a garlic naan. blush I also had a tube of smarties yesterday – what has happened there? They don’t taste nearly as nice. I did buy quavers but didn’t eat them which I consider to be worthy of a gold star.

My next goal is exercise. I think I’m going to start tonight. Again, why put it off when I can do it today?

The good news is the tingling has gone. I do, however, have raised glands, a sore throat and I am most definitely coming down with a cold. I feel 10x better than I did on Monday/Tuesday. So, err, I’ve not booked a GP appointment. If it comes back then I will definitely book an appointment. I think it might all be down to me being so run down. No one is allowed to shout at me for not booking an appointment, ok? grin

lego lets join Emily and wellies back on that wagon!

wellies I love the idea of asking yourself if it’s worth eating! I’m going to try that.

Emily I think that drink definitely needs to be tried. I’m wondering if it’s the same drink I’m planning on trying this weekend…Pimms and prosecco mixed?

This weekend we will most definitely BBQ. No idea what we’re having tomorrow, although I might suggest a salad of some sort. Sunday we’re having friends over and one is coeliac so everything will be gluten free. It’ll be a “picky” BBQ so it’s less formal. Steak marinated in lime juice, garlic potatoes, corn on the cob, salad, GF crisps and I’ll make a GF dip, chicken drumsticks, crudités, homemade lemon sorbet and homemade gin & tonic sorbet. I’ve not made sorbet before so I’m not 100% sure it’ll be a success but it looks easy enough. Oh and there will be wine. Lots and lots of lovely wine.

Emilythornesbff Fri 05-Jul-13 08:43:00

hazel your curry wasn't that bad I don't think.
But your in laws sound very irresponsible grin
No, it's not pimms and prosecco. (I've seen a new pimms btw and am sad to be having a dry 2010 - 2013.

[considers wagging finger about GP]

Bakingnovice Fri 05-Jul-13 15:49:34

Hi everyone. Ran today, and clothes feel lose but no break in the pissing plateau. It's so hot here. Might have a BBQ tmrw with lots of salad and burgers!!

Fasts this week have been rubbish. Fasting today but its half hearted. Been reading Emily's monologue again and again to rev myself up. Oh and love the idea of mindful eating wellies. It was it Lego who suggested it?

Emilythornesbff Fri 05-Jul-13 15:56:37

baking if your clothes feel loose then I am utterly convinced that your plateau is caused by muscle gain and fluid retention.
Look for for NSVs to spur you on and stay away from the scales for a week.

I have eaten a sandwich, nectarine and a few homemade oatmeal raisin cookies for lunch. Not exactly skipping lunch then grin

Emilythornesbff Sat 06-Jul-13 09:14:12

Hey FRs.

I am eating toast! Very bad start to the day, and what some 5:2ers refer to as "gateway carbs". But I don't care because 5:2 seems to be working even though I scoff like a competitive eater on my NFDs. [glances around furtively at fear of tempting fate].
Still, I over ate yesterday, picking after dinner and I'm not sure why.
I think it's a tiredness thing. Plus, like most ppl I never actually have [cringeworthy term warning] any "me" blush time and I think packing a magnum into my cake hole [mixes metaphores] while I'm doing laundry after everyone's in bed is a (completely ineffective) way of dealing with that?

Anyway. Last night I decided to treat myself to a glass of wine while watching Laurence Fox "Lewis". So dd had some expressed milk on standby and I tried the idea I'd seen Heston blumenthal making:
blue nun. Sodastreamed to taste like champagne
I'd seen some film of him "fooling" city slickers into thinking it was champagne.
Messy to make but quite nice actually. And I love champagne.
Definitely worth a try.

Hazelbrowneyes Sat 06-Jul-13 09:43:46

I don’t have a soda stream sad must convince lovely sis in law to make me some when I next visit! grin

Yesterday:
B – none
L – small cheese and onion roll
D – chorizo pasta
S – ½ bag quavers, breakfast bar, melon

Oh and a bottle of wine & 2 gins. My head KILLS this morning.

Today hasn’t started well. Breakfast was an ice lolly, croissant and the remainder of the quavers. Not sure what I’ll have for lunch but dinner is something with crab, either salad or linguine. YUM.
Busy day today – at work with a hangover until 12, then it’s home to do the following:
All of the washing (not much left to do admittedly as I’ve been doing it during the week), Clean out the chicken coop (vile job), Tidy the house, Clean the house, Tidy the garden, Possibly pressure wash the decking, Make lemon sorbet, Make G&T sorbet, Marinate chicken , Pick up the last bits that we need for tomorrow, Collect the fencing to make the chicken coop bigger, Paint nails – possibly yellow with pink crackle.

Phew!

Tomorrow is all about relaxing and not leaving the house. Friends over for a nibbles/BBQ/drink session in the afternoon so I won’t get to do an awful lot of sunbathing but that is not a bad thing when you consider how quickly I burn. I will sunbathe once all the chores are done today though.

My clothes feel super tight and I’m hoping that’s just down to the wine playing havoc with my IBS but I somehow think it might have more to do with my constant eating.

Emily I rarely have any “me” time and I don’t have kids. It stresses me out so much. I really need to address that, especially as I’m feeling suffocated by friends at the moment.

baking if your clothes feel loose then I’d say your losing weight but gaining muscle.

I’ve defrosted the fridge/freezer at work so next week we can have ice lollies (35kcal ones for me!) to keep us cool during the day. I am so up for that best boss award.

Emilythornesbff Sat 06-Jul-13 10:15:23

Mmmmmm@ G&T sorbet

hazel I was so impressed with your Friday menu. Tiny amount of food.
Then........ bottle of wine grin brilliant! Am a bit envy
Hope you recover from that hangover soon. It's tempting to eat loads with a hangover.
We have 2 bbqs to go to today. Am tired (and fat) just thinking about it.
Starting at 2pm.
I was unable to skip breakfast as you know.
I am hoping to skip lunch so I can enjoy the BBQ food but I on't hold out much hope. How is it I can go 36 hours without eating on a FD but barely four minutes on a NFD?

Seriously!

Hazelbrowneyes Sat 06-Jul-13 10:29:18

I've just bought a can of full fat coke, a packet of mini cheddars and a tube of smarties blush

Bloody hangovers. I need to stop drinking.

2 BBQs in one day. I'm tired just thinking about it for you!

Have a lovely day and enjoy the super weather.

Bakingnovice Sun 07-Jul-13 20:07:24

I'm melting over here revs. And I'm sick of bbq's, and magnums and the sun! I feel unsettled and its only been summer for two days.

But I've run three days on the trot and I've sweated pounds away. And I've not weighed. Fell out with my scale and we still aren't on speaking terms. Emily, hazel I feel fat too. This heat has made my fingers swell up.

Hope everyone is enjoying the sun. Positives: I've done 6 loads of line dried washing this weekend. We all have clean bedding. What joy. And just as I was explaining to my eight year old the exact joys of clean bedding he noticed a long line of dried bird shit on the pillowcase. Arghhhh. It was all good in this hood though as I just put another load on for the line.

Emilythornesbff Sun 07-Jul-13 21:54:27

hazel almost impossible to diet with a hangover as far as I can remember. Feeling better?

baking I am soo BBQed out! And as for the magnums....well. Shameful.
When I am fasting I start to crave really halthy, luxurious food.
Then I have a NFD and it's white bread, Ice cream and cake finding its way down my bloody neck. Ok. I do have pmt ("really?" from dh) but after that,no more excuses. It's not even luxury treats, just bastard rubbish. Aargh! Even though I've been gradually losing weight i'd still love to stop shovelling that rubbish into my pie hole. Effort must be made
I plan to change my fasting days this week to have one when ds is with his childminder. Either way I still think I'll fast to tomorrow. Could do with it tbh.
enjoying the sunshine?

Bakingnovice Sun 07-Jul-13 23:21:03

I know this is mean but I'm jealous of your fasting losses! But well done to you Emily. If I was losing whilst eating white bread and magnums would I stop eating them? HE'LL NOOOOOO.

SixPackWellies Mon 08-Jul-13 05:20:27

Morning all.

BBQs galore this weekend too. I also feel fatter.

Today, fruit yoghurt and pumpkin/flax seed mix for breakfast
salad and maybe soup for lunch
falafel and salad for dinner.

I am craving nutrients after a weekend of chicken wings, cheesy nachos etc,

SixPackWellies Mon 08-Jul-13 06:26:32

Ohhh..... have just had a 'green juice' for breakfast instead of coffee.

I juiced a whole cucumber, 2 sticks of celery, a lemon, a knob of ginger, an orange and an apple. It tastes so fresh and summery.

Emilythornesbff Mon 08-Jul-13 08:19:55

It's not mean baking grin. I think if I was exercising I'd probably be stalling or gaining.
I do love exercise but barely have the time to go to the loo nevermind the gym or running.
So when that changes I think my weight will probably go up a bit.
I also think that ebf might be contributing to my weight loss.
Fasting today. Feeling ambivalent about it.
O&D FRs

Hazelbrowneyes Mon 08-Jul-13 09:30:25

MORNING grin

I am loving this weather, such a shame I’m stuck in work.

Quick breakdown of my frankly shameful weekend:

Saturday:
B – Ice lolly, croissant & ½ pack of quavers
L – mini cheddars & smarties
D – crab linguine
S – about 1.5 bottles of wine. blush

Sunday:
B – bacon & egg
L/D – olives, crisps, crudités, bread, halloumi, steak marinated in lime & chillies, chorizo, tortilla, grilled prawns
S – gin & tonic sorbet (homemade and went down a storm), far too much wine.

We had so much food prepped and most of it is still in my fridge! Still left to eat:
2 salads, 6 corn on the cob, 6 chicken drumsticks, a crab, prosciutto, vegetable kebabs, another tortilla, potatoes.

Lunch today is the feta salad. Dinner tonight will be salad, crab, corn on the cob, chicken, tortilla, potatoes grin

Lunch tomorrow will be whatever hasn’t been eaten tonight!

WI this morning – 8st 13lbs so I’ve lost those pesky 2lbs that appeared last week.

Breakfast today is croissant and I’d brought in some ice lollies to snack on later but they melted in the car this morning. Boo.
I saw a friend who I hadn’t seen since April yesterday and she immediately said “Bloody hell, you’ve lost weight! You look amazing!” grin

The plan for this week: drink a lot less, exercise, relax. I’m going to spend as much time as poss enjoying this weather.

Emilythornesbff Mon 08-Jul-13 11:45:29

Morning.

sixpack your menu looks great. Juicing seems über healthy.

hazel I like your menu for today. Well done on your loss and your NSV.

Right.
That's it.
I am seriously sorting out my NFDs. Sick of snacking on rubbish.
The thing is, if it's really nice food I wouldn't mind so much but it's the mindless eating I can't abide.
So. Fasting today. No solid food. Having low cal drinks only.
Fasting tomorrow or Wednesday.
No ice cream apart from at weekends. Same goes for toast. Grrrr.
No snacking on NFDs.
Plan meals and look forward to them.
Really would like to get to the gym but that's a bit beyond my control.

Stick to eating plan.
O&D FRs.

SixPackWellies Mon 08-Jul-13 13:49:05

Good morning!

Em i was thinking of maybe doing a juice fast tomorrow...... i loved my green juice so much that i became ambitious. grin

Any tips for a first timer for a liquid fast?

I am trying to address my bloat also by cutting out all refined carbs.

WI day Friday. I was too scared to WI last week. i was 10 stone 9 last time i looked.......

O&D FR!

Hazelbrowneyes Mon 08-Jul-13 14:51:06

I've consumed a bag of crisps, a small kinder bar & a chocolate mousse. FFS.

Emilythornesbff Mon 08-Jul-13 19:40:10

Hey FRs.

wellies your weight's looking good isn't it?
hazel temporary blip. Start again with your next meal is my tip fwiw.

Fast day today.
I was aiming for a liquid only fast.
wellis I find it easier in a way just not to eat on a FD. I keep busy, drink lots of tea, (some herbal) coffee, squash and fizzy water.
My difficult times are: 6am, 6.05, ....... grin. No. Tricky times are when I'm preparing food for ds and dh (made worse because dh is fussy IMHO) and early afternoon. I just remind myself that the hunger is good for me and I can eat tomorrow.
Today I had some milk in a couple of hot drinks and also had 3 cubes of melon. So not a total zero fast. But good enough in my book.

I am definitely going to have to say "no" to snacking on NFDs. I will break this rule at weekends and on special days but normal week days really need shaping up tbh.
I am also going to try to skip breakfast during the week.
Even though people bang on that you shouldn't skip breakfast, It's always seemed like a good idea because it's time consuming, calorie consuming and wakes up my appetite. I don't want my fucking appetite woken up. Keep the bitch asleep I say.
Well, we will see won't we.

Emilythornesbff Mon 08-Jul-13 19:50:55

baking do you ever lurk around the fasting threads? There's always someone with good advice on breaking a plateau.

Bakingnovice Mon 08-Jul-13 19:56:19

Emily I used to be on the fasting threads last sept. the first time I had a 9 week plateau. This time I'm not on the thread because reading about everyone's losses actually makes me feel really upset.

In fact, I've been eating badly since last week. Not terribly but just not counting calories and not fasting properly. I'm doing exercise though so hoping that wil help. For me fasting is brilliant for maintaining. Nothing else. I do 4:3 so maybe I need to do less. Thanks for thinking of me. Very brave of you to fast with liquids only!

Wellies - good luck with the juice fast.

Hazel - well done on losing the excess pounds.

Emilythornesbff Mon 08-Jul-13 20:16:51

4:3 is really tough. I only ever tried it for one week and it lt like I was doing 1:6.
I know that a couple of others on the IF thread were doing that but I think the broad experience was that weight loss sped up when dropping back to 5:2.
From what I've read I would say that the reason for this is not the "mythical" slowing down of metabolism but the fact that when we are "deprived" for more than those 2 days we compensate so much on NFDs that the fasting can't make up for it.
I know that someone else on there was stalling on 4:3 then she changed to 5:2 and was much happier with the loss.
I bet you don't have much to lose. That's always harder.

Bakingnovice Mon 08-Jul-13 21:30:34

Do you know what Emily I think you've got a point. Going to try 5:2 this week. I've never really done 5:2 but will try this week. Have to say I'm living the running. I think if I gave up exercise I'd lose weight but the running is a high. I'm on week 5 of the programme and tmrw isy first 20 minute non stop run! Eeek.

Thanks for all your advice Emily. It really keeps me going.

SixPackWellies Tue 09-Jul-13 07:50:07

Good morning FR. Thanks for advice Emily. I am postponing my juice fast until Thursday, as my proposed WI is Friday. blush I am sure that is cheating!!!

Also, I have to post my menus after the fact I think, as I always PLAN a healthy day, then end up eating rubbish and thus I am being misleading!!

Yesterday

B- Green juice
S - 2 BBQ chicken thighs, a scotch egg and a mini pork pie
L- Green salad
D- Green juice again. I did not feel like chewing again after wading through salad so just had juice.
Post D- 1 glass of rose. blush. Dry July is going well! Snort.

Anyway, a new day today and I am about to start with green juice again.

O&D FR!

This thread is not accepting new messages.