My water diet

(259 Posts)
amazingmumof6 Sat 25-May-13 09:51:42

I need to loose weight. but how?

I'm far too busy to concentrate on what I eat, how much and when.

It stresses met out when I have to prepare special foods & drinks for myself in advance because we are going to a friends' or have guests or travelling or whatever.

We have 6 kids and I'm just so busy. 4 at school, 2 at home, there's always something more important than weighing and calculating my little portions of pasta.
I always get interrupted and distracted.

Plus baby is only 13 months and is a mummy's girl, so I rarely get anything done - like tidying or being organized.
I'm not even going to talk about lack of sleep.

the house is a mess and I DH is about to have an operation, then there are holidays and birthdays and so on. It's just too much.

Weight Watchers always worked for me, so my plan is to go back in September, but as for now I can not fully commit to it.
I can't do it half-arsed.

that's all very well, but what about for the next 3 months?
my birthday is at the end of August and we are going on holiday and I really want to loose about 2 stones (which I did with WW 2 years ago, so I know I can) and wear my prettier clothes and feel just healthier.

So I came up with an idea.

WATER DIET!

I've heard countless of times and from various sources that half the time (or so) we eat because we are thirsty, not hungry. that not enough water is one of the reasons we over-eat.

so I thought that I will drink 2 litres of water everyday and will not worry about what I eat and when and how much. And see if that makes a difference.

See if it helps me reduce cravings, if it fills me up to reduce food intake.
or flush out toxins. or help me feel less tired.
And most importantly if it helps me to get slimmer.
I've got nothing to loose - just the extra weight!grin

Join me if you like.

Beamae Sun 09-Jun-13 17:01:47

I went for a massage once and afterwards they gave me a glass of cucumber water. It was delicious. Literally, they just had a jug of ice water with some slices of cucumber thrown in. Might be an idea to break up all the watery water tasting water!

Niknakpaddywhack Sun 09-Jun-13 18:11:52

Hey - well done you!!! See- you're amazing!

Really great idea Beamae I will definitely try that.

I have also bought lots of lemons and limes this week to encourage me to drink more water so hopefully will get back on track too.

amazingmumof6 Sun 09-Jun-13 21:50:36

2 litre done, feels good!

thanks Bea cucumber water sounds good, I must make space in freezer for ice cubes.

I've tried the same with lemon and orange slices before. both lovely.

again, thanks for support, I do need a kick in the butt from time to time.grin

Whale2Waif Mon 10-Jun-13 09:32:44

Me and my trusty nurture are still here although I have been a little distracted.
Thurs 4.5l (it was really hot)
Fri 1.5l
Sat 2l
Sun1.5l

No idea if I've lost weight due to new scales and AF but my skin feels amazing!

Whale2Waif Mon 10-Jun-13 09:33:16

Bottle not nurture hmm

amazingmumof6 Mon 10-Jun-13 13:23:02

that's great whale!

so cold in here

sad
/|\
/\

that's me, blue with cold

amazingmumof6 Tue 11-Jun-13 10:03:49

prodding along today.

had to go out unexpectedly and wait in a car looking after a friends son, so I dare not to drink anything right now!

I have to wait till we get back home, around noon to carry on.getting qiite thirsty

amazingmumof6 Wed 12-Jun-13 15:41:15

prodding along today as well

nothing exciting to report.

Niknakpaddywhack Wed 12-Jun-13 19:24:50

I've been trying to replace cups of tea with hot or cold water with lemon/lime/cucumber today but I do have to think about what I'm doing each day as to how much I drink - it seems to go through me very quickly!!

I haven't noticed any difference weight-wise but my skin seems to be clearer so that's a plus!

I'm hoping it will also increase my energy levels? But as I've not been sleeping very well lately I haven't noticed an improvement as yet.

How's everyone else getting on?

amazingmumof6 Thu 13-Jun-13 19:37:15

I changed tactics.
I have a 2 litre Pepsi bottle in the kitchen, filled with water.
that's where I am most of the time.

Every time I go in there I have a lot of big gulps - kind of pretending to be Joey from Friends ( when he "proves" that he can drink a gallon of milk in a minute.)

it's seems to be working.
I always have a small bottle to carry around.
Tomorrow weigh in - not so hopefulconfused

Whale2Waif Fri 14-Jun-13 00:11:56

I've lost weight at last! 3lb since we started.

Skin better, moods more stable, not as sleepy. Liking this watery thing, at least I can honestly tell my clients I believe in the benefits of drinking more water.

amazingmumof6 Fri 14-Jun-13 00:22:57

wow, that is brilliant!

[proud]

amazingmumof6 Fri 14-Jun-13 13:00:05

I was in suvh a rush I almost forgot to weigh myselfshock

just shows how relaxed I'm, instead of worrying about loosing weight and hopping on the scales all the time!

even with putting a bit on last week I've still lost 1.4 kg in 3 weeks! ( just over 3 lbs)

I'm very pleased with that!

the 2 l bottle trick is working, it's so big and in my face I can't avoid it!

[ chuffed]

Niknakpaddywhack Fri 14-Jun-13 18:56:31

Well done Whale2Waif and amazingmumof6!!!
That is great!
Giving me inspiration to continue.

amazingmumof6 Fri 14-Jun-13 20:02:19

that's right niknak you get on with it, you really helped me the other day, so I'm here to support you too!smile

and anyone else, but looks like it's the 3 of us for nowgrin

Dontwanttobeyourmonkeywrench Sat 15-Jun-13 15:21:11

Found this thread! I thought I had lost it. Put on my watch list now grin

Went to see a personal trainer last week and had my health assessment. I'm really dehydrated even though I was drinking 1.5l but he says it was being wiped out by the amount of tea and coffee I was drinking blush I cut out both for 3 1/2 days and felt really good but fell off wagon and had a brew. Cue massive headache so back to peppermint tea (even though it makes me vvvv windy blush). had one illicit brew this morning and felling a bit blah so I think I really need to cut it out. Still 2 cups in 1 week is a record for me!

amazingmumof6 Sun 16-Jun-13 16:45:06

excellent progress monkey, and great you're back!wink

I've got to take some nurofen, got stonking headache

I've not been reaching my target as it's been so cold, but today is warmer, and I'm halfway there!

amazingmumof6 Mon 17-Jun-13 19:05:08

just finished 2litres of water - for the 2nd time only, in 3 weeks.

I think the trick for me is to have glass as soon as I get up - it's like starting a chain reaction, the more water I drink, the more I crave.

sophialewis Tue 18-Jun-13 07:48:20

Drinking 2 litres of water everyday is actually good for your health and fitness. Water can cleanse your body, helps in digestion and flush out the impurities from your body. Water also soothes your skin and helps in rejuvenation. Water is essential for the proper functioning of your muscles and organs.

I appreciate you for drinking 2 litres of water daily. But with that if you make a little adjustment with your food intake you can really lose weight. I know that you are a busy mom, still I'm not asking you to calculate your portions of pasta,

sophialewis Tue 18-Jun-13 08:21:16

Drinking 2 litres of water everyday is very helpful in maintaining your health and fitness. Water cleanses the body, helps in digestion and fleshes out the impurities from your body, thereby helping you lose weight. Water also helps in rejuvenation of our skin. And its true that some time we mistake our thirst by hunger and eat more. So drinking water can control your hunger pangs too!

I appreciate you for drinking 2litres of water daily, still if you make small changes in your eating habits, I'm not asking you to calculate the portions of pasta you eat, but to cut down the portion size that you're taking regularly.

It will be difficult to be in a diet while going to a friends' or have guests or traveling, so those days can be exempted from your diet, the rest of the days' maintain a eating pattern or cut down the portion size.

I've seen in a few discussions, some Moms going for a walk out with their babies in strollers. Some of them even carry triplets in their strollers which count some heavy pounds. And its actually a good exercise for Mommies and will also get time to be with the babies. I'm sure the baby is gonna love her walk out smile and Mommy is gonna lose weight wink

sophialewis Tue 18-Jun-13 08:39:55

Please ignore my first post here as I hit the ''Post Message'' button accidentally, before completing my reply.

Thanks

Niknakpaddywhack Tue 18-Jun-13 21:19:39

I'm enjoying starting the day with hot water with lemon slices now- really don't miss my usual cup of tea. I'm also getting into the habit of making icecubes as I think they help me to enjoy plain water more.

How you doing today zing? And Whale and Monkey? (sounds like a zoo?!)

amazingmumof6 Tue 18-Jun-13 23:01:47

haha Niknak I thought zoo as well, your name sounds like zebras galloping hooves (niknak niknak) and I dunno, I could be and exotic bird?

should rename thread - the Waterzoo!grin

was at sports day all day, so didn't manage my quota, but didn't eat/snack much either ( apart from a few jaffa cakes just now!)

I felt slimmer today though -very odd feeling!wink

Sophie thanks for advice, every word is true! smile

Whale2Waif Wed 19-Jun-13 17:55:04

Loving waterzoo, amazing you could be zoo keeper. I'm sure having 6DC more than qualifies you for the job.

I'm drinking 1 or 2 1.5l bottles a day. Eating has been appalling but got back on track with that today so feeling positive.

amazingmumof6 Wed 19-Jun-13 20:49:25

almost finished 2 litres.

it's been a hot day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now