My water diet

(259 Posts)
amazingmumof6 Sat 25-May-13 09:51:42

I need to loose weight. but how?

I'm far too busy to concentrate on what I eat, how much and when.

It stresses met out when I have to prepare special foods & drinks for myself in advance because we are going to a friends' or have guests or travelling or whatever.

We have 6 kids and I'm just so busy. 4 at school, 2 at home, there's always something more important than weighing and calculating my little portions of pasta.
I always get interrupted and distracted.

Plus baby is only 13 months and is a mummy's girl, so I rarely get anything done - like tidying or being organized.
I'm not even going to talk about lack of sleep.

the house is a mess and I DH is about to have an operation, then there are holidays and birthdays and so on. It's just too much.

Weight Watchers always worked for me, so my plan is to go back in September, but as for now I can not fully commit to it.
I can't do it half-arsed.

that's all very well, but what about for the next 3 months?
my birthday is at the end of August and we are going on holiday and I really want to loose about 2 stones (which I did with WW 2 years ago, so I know I can) and wear my prettier clothes and feel just healthier.

So I came up with an idea.

WATER DIET!

I've heard countless of times and from various sources that half the time (or so) we eat because we are thirsty, not hungry. that not enough water is one of the reasons we over-eat.

so I thought that I will drink 2 litres of water everyday and will not worry about what I eat and when and how much. And see if that makes a difference.

See if it helps me reduce cravings, if it fills me up to reduce food intake.
or flush out toxins. or help me feel less tired.
And most importantly if it helps me to get slimmer.
I've got nothing to loose - just the extra weight!grin

Join me if you like.

munchkinmaster Sun 26-May-13 07:29:44

I'm one pint down (I'm imperial old school). Little munch currently emptying the dirty clothes out of the washing machine - I've a great day ahead!

Oh she's back with a pair of tights worn like a scarf - nice

Whale2Waif Sun 26-May-13 07:53:20

I'll join, I've really not been drinking as much as normal/I should.

Drank 3 litres yesterday without any effort so we shall see how today goes.

Had 250ml whilst reading this thread. Very interested to see how this goes.

amazingmumof6 Sun 26-May-13 09:47:11

hi Whalesmile

3 litres is fantastic, yesterday I just about managed half of that. wink

Today I don't feel like drinking any water at all.
I have to decorate some cupcakes, so I'll make it into a challenge - I will have to finish 1st bottle by the time I'm done.
<childish?>

here we go <glug glug glug aaah>

amazingmumof6 Sun 26-May-13 09:50:24

grin at little Munch!

babyZing has learnt to shake her head.
"do you love Mummy?" - shakes head
"do you love Daddy?" - shakes head
"do you love shaking your head? " - shakes head.

great game! grin

Niknakpaddywhack Sun 26-May-13 10:26:18

grin @ babyZing!

I have only just got up shock cos I'm full of a cold and slept badly last night, so will go and pour a nice cold glass of water to start my day.

Whale 3litres is amazing! (But were you up all night peeing?! Sorry if too personal blush)

Whale2Waif Sun 26-May-13 10:41:30

grin No not up all night thankfully. I'd had a couple of drinks the night before which I never do so my body really needed water.

amazingmumof6 Sun 26-May-13 11:42:42

niknak do you take echinacea? try tablets, or drops or throat spray ( I use the A.Vogel brand), they reslly help.
or you could buy Twinings' raspberry and echinacea tea.
hope you get better soon!

cuddly I'll try to find your thread lat.

done first bottle.

amazingmumof6 Sun 26-May-13 11:45:47

oop, ignore cuddly comment! should've posted elsewhere, but
DH was bothering me.
I need a sleep.

GibberTheMonkey Sun 26-May-13 11:58:39

I started drinking half amount of water before every meal a while back
It definitely worked, I ate less and still felt full. Found I drank as much as normal at other times too

amazingmumof6 Sun 26-May-13 14:57:39

gibberthemonkey

that's very interesting, thanks for posting.
did you loose weight during that time?

munchkinmaster Sun 26-May-13 23:00:01

So drank the water and it did decrease snacking as I made myself drink a pint first.

Let's see if I keep it up

Doodledumdums Mon 27-May-13 00:15:03

Oooh oooh ooooh I want to join, sign me up! I have two stone (at least!) to lose, and this water diet sounds like a great idea!

I am TERRIBLE at drinking, sometimes I can literally get to 4pm and realise that I have not had a drink all day, which I know is terrible for my kidneys etc. I am currently ebfing my 4.5mo, but I think that my lack of drinking may be affecting my milk supply, so even of this doesn't help with weight loss then hopefully it will help with milk production.

One question, I am not a fan of water on its own...can we add sugar free squash? I know that squash is very frowned upon on MN, but I can't help liking it!!

By the way, I LOVE your enthusiasm Zing, you sound really fun and friendly!

Excited to join the water club grin

amazingmumof6 Mon 27-May-13 03:20:06

hi doodle welcome!

I have to say I was told that sugarfree anything is really not idea while bf, because of the artificial sweeteners can affect baby badly.
Mine would have really frothy poo so I just cut it out.

I'm not arguing with your choices, but saying, just in case you haven't heard yet! smile

What I'm trying to do is to drink up to 2 litres of water everyday (eventually) - then anything else on top of that is fine.

I really struggled today to finish my target, which for my first week I set as 1.5 litres/day.
I was definitely less hungry than usual, though it didn't stop me from eating birthday cake washed down with a huge mug of coffee!

So please feel free to do whatever you want, but my idea is to consume some pure water everyday.
Does that sound good?

I actually drank some of it warm today, because I was inside and felt very cold.

As you are bf, you could set a target of drinking say 200ml of water (just water!) during each feed - it will definitely help with the milk production!

(and as you don't like it so much, just do it for baby!wink)

amazingmumof6 Mon 27-May-13 03:23:13

oh doodle and thanks for lovely compliments!

Water Club - I like it!

The first rule of Water Club is that you DO talk about Water Club! grin

Niknakpaddywhack Mon 27-May-13 09:17:31

I too love your enthusiasm Zing!

Doodledumdums I remember that when I was bf (many, many years ago) I had to drink loads or it affected my milk supply. Have you tried a squeeze of lemon/orange juice and ice and a slice to make your water more palatable?

Good luck today everyone- got to go to work now but will take a bottle with me!

amazingmumof6 Mon 27-May-13 12:59:45

how's everyone today?
I've just got up and feel parched.

baby's having a nap so I can get on with tasks.

I REALLY want to weigh myself to see if there's any difference, but determined to wait until Friday.
battles fought with myself are the hardest.

GibberTheMonkey Mon 27-May-13 14:53:38

Sorry busy weekend
It was supplied to say half a pint of water before each meal and yes I did lose weight. Not dramatically but it was going down. I'm not technically overweight though, just at the top of my range and feeling a bit big. I also wasnt doing anything else different
Good luck
It's definitely the way I would go if I need to lose again

Dontwanttobeyourmonkeywrench Mon 27-May-13 17:26:08

managed 3x750ml bottles yesterday and on my 2nd one today. I find that sipping seems to stop me from snacking so I'm taking sips when I feel peckish but not hungry.

GibberTheMonkey Mon 27-May-13 17:39:16

My name seems apt. I keep typing gibberish

NomDeClavier Mon 27-May-13 17:56:18

Well I am pregnant and not drinking enough so I'm joining your let's drink water club! Drunk maybe a litre today, which isn't enough. I used to be so good!

I should probably also try to avoid constant snacking so replacing it with constant water is probably a good plan.

I'll be sticking to regular mealtimes though.

amazingmumof6 Mon 27-May-13 21:20:29

hi Nom

glad you're here! when's baby due?

did you know that the amniotic fluid is completely renewed every 24 hours? now that is a good reason to drink water regularly!smile

I'm impressed with everyone's efforts!
I'm halfway through the 3rd bottle so task almost complete.

I do wonder about my weigh-in on Friday, AF's here, which always affects my weight anyway.

I'd be happy with even half a pound off! we shall see!wink

QueenOfHalloween Mon 27-May-13 22:01:02

Well done guys. Would you believe i had to download an app for the android store to remind me to drink water! I'm now making a effort to drink at least 2litres a day. Although i failed miserably on Saturday. I just wish my bladder would get used to the addition of the water and stop me having to visit the loo every 2 mins!

Niknakpaddywhack Mon 27-May-13 22:32:30

Yes - well done everyone. I haven't had a good day remembering to drink water today - will try to get back on the wagon tomorrow!

I'm due AF too so feeling quite bloated but will try to persevere, however we're away from tomorrow until Sunday so will catch up with you all then.

Good luck with your Friday weigh-in Zing.

Doodledumdums Tue 28-May-13 00:45:49

Ooooh I hadn't heard that about artificial sweeteners....hmmmm, perhaps I should avoid them then!

That is a good idea niknak- I think I will add ice and a slice to my water to make it more palatable. That must be better than squash.

I didn't do very well today i'm afraid , I managed probably about a litre, but that is all I think. I think I will get a big 1.5ltr bottle tomorrow and fill it up in the morning and make it my mission to finish it. I had a very fractious (teething!) baby today, so that is my excuse for failing day one of water club.

I promise I will do better tomorrow!

Well done everyone grin

recall Tue 28-May-13 00:56:27

Watching with interest…..any weight loss yet ? or too early to tell? ( excited )

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now