My water diet

(259 Posts)
amazingmumof6 Sat 25-May-13 09:51:42

I need to loose weight. but how?

I'm far too busy to concentrate on what I eat, how much and when.

It stresses met out when I have to prepare special foods & drinks for myself in advance because we are going to a friends' or have guests or travelling or whatever.

We have 6 kids and I'm just so busy. 4 at school, 2 at home, there's always something more important than weighing and calculating my little portions of pasta.
I always get interrupted and distracted.

Plus baby is only 13 months and is a mummy's girl, so I rarely get anything done - like tidying or being organized.
I'm not even going to talk about lack of sleep.

the house is a mess and I DH is about to have an operation, then there are holidays and birthdays and so on. It's just too much.

Weight Watchers always worked for me, so my plan is to go back in September, but as for now I can not fully commit to it.
I can't do it half-arsed.

that's all very well, but what about for the next 3 months?
my birthday is at the end of August and we are going on holiday and I really want to loose about 2 stones (which I did with WW 2 years ago, so I know I can) and wear my prettier clothes and feel just healthier.

So I came up with an idea.

WATER DIET!

I've heard countless of times and from various sources that half the time (or so) we eat because we are thirsty, not hungry. that not enough water is one of the reasons we over-eat.

so I thought that I will drink 2 litres of water everyday and will not worry about what I eat and when and how much. And see if that makes a difference.

See if it helps me reduce cravings, if it fills me up to reduce food intake.
or flush out toxins. or help me feel less tired.
And most importantly if it helps me to get slimmer.
I've got nothing to loose - just the extra weight!grin

Join me if you like.

ZingWidge Fri 26-Jul-13 18:37:21

crap. forgot to weigh again.

only 2nd day of hols, but already I have no idea what day it is! grin

Tinwe Fri 26-Jul-13 20:27:25

Not focused on my water for a few days now... Will try harder wink

ZingWidge Sun 28-Jul-13 07:39:53

I managed 1.5 l on Friday, but yesterday was too hectic...

who would have thought that making sure I drink 2 l water every day is so so difficult?!

I'm not giving up. today's a new day and I'm determined. smile

ZingWidge Thu 01-Aug-13 17:10:49

abandoning my own thread is not good.

I'm back now.

so it's been a struggle, cold weather and rain just made want to drink hot choc and tea...

but today is the beginning of a new month and that gives me a bit of a push.

I've drank 1 litre of water already plis some herb tea (no sugar, it was foul)
I will have to have serious think about how to improve these 3 aspects of my life in order to get slimmer & healthier :
- sleep
- eating
- excercise

I wanted to do this challenge for 3 months - so there's only 3 weeks left!
I have lost weight when I drank the right amount, but put it back on when I let myself getting dehydrated!

it just proves to me that if followed this theory actually works in practice.

I still weigh less than when I started. not much less, but I don't care.
if I had done nothing I would weigh more. so I win!

ZingWidge Mon 05-Aug-13 10:39:01

managed 2 litres on 1st & 2nd.

1.6 l on 3rd, only 1l yesterday - but I had a 4 hour nap and also missed lunch.

I think I finally figured out what works for me - and its having a glass of warm water every time I go in the kitchen! I think I cracked it!

I realized that I don't like drinking from a bottle and cold water hurts my teeth.
and as the water is warm /hot it replaces the need for tea or coffee.

I'm testing this method now until my birthday and will not weigh myself until then.
if it works I probably won't ever go back to WW.
exciting!

Tinwe Thu 08-Aug-13 13:17:15

Well done Zing! Once you've found what works for you you've cracked it! smile I admit I've lost focus recently as I've been on a new exercise programme but will keep trying smile

ZingWidge Thu 08-Aug-13 19:40:43

tinwe

yay, you're alive!grin

shame I could not do it today as we were at the beach and keep running to the loo was not an option!

I think it has really surprised me difficult I find to drink 2l of water every day!

for me another trick is to start as soon as I wake up.
the later in the day it is that I have the 1st glass the less I crave it!

Tinwe Wed 14-Aug-13 14:51:24

Hi Zing! Still here! Must admit I've been focusing on my exercise regime and not my water intake but my weight has plateaued so maybe that's a lesson to me!

How are you doing?

UnitedZingDom Wed 14-Aug-13 15:52:51

we've had a crazy week.
we put our house on the market, viewed a house we liked and put an offer on it but didn't get it.

We'll have an open day on Saturday, but we'll be going on holiday so trying to tidy and pack in the next few days.

and we also have decided to TTC in the near future!
so all in all it's been a good week but not from weight loss POW!

so good you are sticking around!
I'm afraid my water drinking has gone out the window, but it's my birthday next week (also end of this 3 months challenge) so with all the new plans I will be making changes anyway.

I think I'll start a new water challenge next week till Christmas - do you want me to pm you?

Tinwe Wed 14-Aug-13 19:20:37

Sounds a great idea Zing! Will be harder to drink lots of water as it gets colder.

Good luck with all the life changes! Must be so exciting that water is the last thing on your mind grin

Tinwe Wed 14-Aug-13 19:21:32

Ps, wow Zing... 7 children?!

mumat39 Wed 21-Aug-13 16:59:46

Hello everyone.

Is it too late to join this thread?

I am not very good at dieting, drinking water or exercising. I am however, very good at, an expert actually, in gaining weight. And even more skilled at dithering about things.

So I figure that this regime might be something even I should be able to manage to drink more water. hmm

So, how much water should I be aiming for? Is tea ok? Or do I have to have an extra cup of water for every cuppa?

And how have you all done? Have you lost weight? has your skin improved? do you feel better?

I found this thread when it first started, but then forgot to try it.

Thanks in advance thanks

ZingWantsCake Wed 21-Aug-13 21:34:10

mumat39

I have abandoned my thread (blush ) and it was only for 3 months for me ( finishing on Saturday), but fear not I'm starting a new one at the weekend and I'll pm you a link.

I lost about half a stone when I stuck to it, but almost all of it came back as I gradually reduced water intake!

I'm happy to know that my theory works, now I just have to really stick to it.

tinwe if you are reading this I just want to say thanks for keeping me company (and of course everyone else! ) and I'll pm you too with my Christmas challange link!

mumat39 Thu 22-Aug-13 00:09:20

Thanks Zing. I'll look out for your new thread.

0.5 stone from just drinking water sounds pretty good to me! Well done. Drinking more water sounds like such a simple thing to do but I am so rubbish at it. I hope this thread can help me with that.

thanks

Tinwe Thu 22-Aug-13 08:32:05

Hi Zing! Still here! smile Well done on completing your challenge. Half a stone is a good loss and should be straight forward enough to do again. Plus if it's not so hot so you need to take in less fluids to maintain, the 2 litres may have an even bigger impact?

I've lost but been doing c25k too so hard to tell what's what. I forgot my water intake a few times but have been drinking loads of red bush/rooibos tea (without milk) so persuading myself that that counts. grin

Tinwe Thu 22-Aug-13 08:33:45

Plus really keen to join a Christmas challenge (love challenges ��)

Tinwe Thu 22-Aug-13 08:37:52

Mumat - as I said, I've been doing c25k too so it's hard to separate out the benefits of each but my skin and energy levels have definitely improved. A friend of mine did a similar challenge to Zing (only change was a water increase) and she looked great! Glowing skin and lost about 7 pounds in a couple of months (was already slim and middle aged if that makes a difference).

Tinwe Thu 22-Aug-13 08:38:37

Plus Zing, how did your open day go?

mumat39 Thu 22-Aug-13 10:37:00

Thanks Tinwe.

And well done to you too. Especially for the c25k. I can't run at all. Far too many wobbly bits plus dodgy knees and feet. It could be something's do when I've lost a bit of weight maybe.

I'm going to start drinking more water from today. Is it 2 ltrs I should be aiming for? Or does it depend on how much I weigh?

Xxx

ZingWantsCake Thu 22-Aug-13 18:19:06

tinwe we had no offers from open day as the collective whinge was that the kitchen needs redoing (yes we know, but just buy the damn house and put in a kitchen you want...angry ) and so the asking price was way too high.

we've not decided what to do yet, but will keep looking to buy and if we have to update kitchen for higher start price we'll probably do that. (cheap n cheerful)

I'm going to weigh on Sunday morning again, no idea how much I weigh.

it's my birthday tomorrow so I'm making plans of all the things I'd like to change.
if I do half of it in a year (40 next year) I'll be happy!smile

ZingWantsCake Thu 22-Aug-13 18:21:12

mumat

2 litres is a good start, but if you start from not much maybe 1.5l /day is a good way to begin, then build it up? you can drink more of course

I find anything above 1 l very difficult.

Tinwe Thu 22-Aug-13 19:46:36

Mumat- not trying to convert you honestly but don't dismiss the C25k straight away. I have dodgy, creaky and crunchy knees after breaking one when I was a teenager. I started doing the 30 day Shred but had to give up as my knees were hurting too much with the lunges and squats. I saw a Physio who advised that my knee problem was due to muscle imbalance making my kneecap track wrongly. He gave me the go ahead for running/cycling etc as long as it didn't hurt as it might build up the muscles and actually benefit my knee! I've had no knee pain at all since I started about month ago (plus, I was at least 3 stone overweight and wobbly when I started too).

I've been really surprised by how much exercise has helped my weight loss! After years of slogging away in the gym and reading that it only counted as one chocolate hob nob, I'd always thought only dieting worked for weight loss. Exercising every other day seems to have really helped this time though, I think it must boost my metabolism between sessions too.

Tinwe Thu 22-Aug-13 19:48:45

Zing - shame about your house sale. Must be very frustrating to think of doing all that work only to sell it but would be worth it in the end.

mumat39 Fri 23-Aug-13 01:05:24

Zing, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Hope you have a lovely day and thanks for the tip about the amount of water. Sorry to hear about your open day. Had the agent advised you of those issues? I think a good agent would have pitched it correctly, so people weren't surprised when they came to view it. We've recently exchanged and it's taken 3 months to get to that point. And we still have another 6 weeks between that and completion. Only 4 weeks of that left now, but the process is SO slow and frustrating.

Tinwe, that's really interesting. I think our knees might be related. wink I have the same crunchy sore things going on and was also told that strengthening the muscles above the knee would help line the dooda's up. Knee caps maybe confused. I always assumed that my knees wouldn't cope with running. How much have you lost so far?

Where do you run? Do you have a treadmill? I need to lose about 3 stone too.

Take care
Xxxx

ZingWantsCake Fri 23-Aug-13 01:11:16

thanks mumat39 we are now the same age!wink grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now