Calling all Chiefs who Choose Their Hard

(978 Posts)
DoubleMum Fri 01-Mar-13 18:13:06

Carrying on from the old thread here

BsshBossh Fri 15-Mar-13 19:45:27

kettle hellllooooo! grin

Oh my word Chiefs have you seen this thread on the MFP boards full of incredibly inspiring before and after photos of successful dieters and exercisers. I am in awe and kind of wish I'd taken photos of myself too though actually, no, too British, too Indian.

That thread alone will keep me chugging on....

Lizzylou Fri 15-Mar-13 19:56:00

Welcome Kettle and well done SDP.

Bssh, I will have a look at that. I often go on MFP and look at the success stories, very motivational.

Didn't make body pump, DH back too late, never mind. Park run tomorrow morning. I am almost ready for my bed anyway blush

DoubleMum Fri 15-Mar-13 20:39:36

Welcome Kettle, and ace job Sylvia.
I have survived my DD's birthday party, 11 noisy 7 & 8 yr olds at Lush. The 2 staff were excellent, I'd highly recommend it for a girl's party. I stood up the whole time, I wonder if that counts as exercise?! And I sniffed the triple layer chocolate cake.

BsshBossh Fri 15-Mar-13 20:55:26

Double how are you feeling now, still bleugh or better?

DoubleMum Fri 15-Mar-13 21:06:08

Just a bit mini-bleugh now. But at least I do have a pot of chocolate cupcake face mask. And the girls wore gloves to make it.

WiseKneeHair Fri 15-Mar-13 21:15:06

Hi Chiefs.
Sorry you're feeling crap double hope you feel better soon.
Tea what an inspiration! You've done brilliantly <faints at the thought of losing 71lbs> and will be able to keep it of, we have confidence in you. Good luck with the job hunting, imagine how fab you are going to look when you walk into that interview room.
Well done everyone else.
I'm on the train again! Should be home in 30-40 minutes, can't wait to see the DC (although they better be in bed) and DH need a big hug. I've had a great time, but really ready to get back home now and back to normal. Could do with a lie in tomorrow, but suspect after being on solo childcare duty for 3 days, DH is going to want some input from me. grin
I'm a bit over calories today, but I'm really pleased with how I've done over the last few days that I'm not going to stress about it. Think I might need to run, week 5 of C25K <gulp>, and do a bit of Jillian tomorrow.
Welcome kettle I want to join the tall gal crew, but at 5'2.5", don't think I'll be allowed. It's not fair.

DoubleMum Fri 15-Mar-13 21:20:33

Wise we'll have to be the short girl crew unfortunately. You did really well to keep it all under control for 3 days.

SylviaDaisyPouncer Fri 15-Mar-13 22:01:43

wise I bet it will be lovely to be back homesmile

double a Lush party sounds fantastic, I'm sure standing uses calories and can be classed as mild exercise!

I too am short (ish), 5'4". My weight has nowhere to hide and has been camping out across my hips thighs and bum for a long while!

KettleCrunch Fri 15-Mar-13 22:36:19

Big respect to the short girl crew. I've always wished I was at least six inches shorter than I am. I hate feeling lanky and outsized and awkward!

Lizzylou I'm going to my first body pump class on monday, any tips?!

double that Lush party sounds pretty energetic... definitely calorie-burning!

Had a takeaway curry tonight but still within my calorie limits on MFP if I account for going to the gym earlier, so off the hook there hopefully. Phew. Baking cakes tomorrow for the rugby though, but hopefully I'll manage to avoid eating huge lumps of icing during the baking process to 'make sure it's OK'...

WiseKneeHair Sat 16-Mar-13 09:16:42

It is lovely to be home grin and sleep in my own bed with DH and random child
My shoulders are aching today, so I think pulling my suitable expended more energy than I gave it credit for!
Kettle I haven't done body pump for years, but used to really enjoy it and get very sweaty. I'm HappyKite on MFP if you want to add me.
I'm 0.2lb up after my few days away, so very happy with that. It's pouring down here, so think I'm going to be running in the rain today sad

kalidanger Sat 16-Mar-13 09:40:31

Morning. May I say that the average height for a British woman is 5'3 3/4... Which is what I am, and I always say I'm 5'4 and I feel much better knowing I'm precisely average and not a short arse grin Not sure why exactly, but I do have mates at 5' and 4'10. They are short arses.

Hate weekends. My porridge & banana breakfast habit is out of the window as I'm disorganised sad Going to have a cinnamon bagel with low fat Philly-type stuff and perhaps some onion chutney dolloped on top hmm

Lizzylou Sat 16-Mar-13 10:05:58

Kettle, tell the instructor it is your first time and start off with low weights, you can always add more.
Double, hope you are feeling better today.
Well done wise on your restraint!
Parkrun done in the drizzle, was a bit easier this week. Still looked like a red faced panting guppy at the end though!!!

KettleCrunch Sat 16-Mar-13 10:58:11

I've added you Wise smile

Pouring down here too! I looked out of the window first thing to assess the situation and saw a man running down our road in just a t shirt and shorts, completely drenched. I took it as a sign that I should stop being such a wuss and just get out there. So I'll go for a run before lunch... sigh...

Thanks for the body pump advice everyone. I will start on the lowest of the low weights. If they have a feather as an option, I'll take it grin and then build up to the serious stuff, obviously.

Why oh why do I always go over my MFP allowance on sugar, even if I'm well under on calories? I don't eat that much chocolate...

BambieO Sat 16-Mar-13 11:43:16

Well I went to my friends last night and they drank five bottles of wine between them and I abstained hahaha luckily the car was good motivation as it was freezing!!!

Had chicken and sweet potato wedges (rather too muh chicken but no skin!) and stayed within cals so not too bad.

Hurrah for the tall ladies and average heights smile haha I would have liked to be 5'8 but no luck bastard genes but I guess that would leave me less room to hide this poxy baby fat that is still clinging on!

Good luck today ladies

dinkydoos Sat 16-Mar-13 16:15:31

Hello all newbies, I'm dinkydoos1943 on mfp, so feel free to add me.
No real loss weight loss I don't think this week, but managing to maintain the lowest point of last week ( fasting makes you fluctuate like crazy)
Just did some half hearted squash and swimming with kids, actually more like quarter hearted.... And now baked muffins so had to have one grin
Only got couple of weeks till holiday, really want another 2 or three pounds off so will try and up the exercise next week.

Have a nice weekend all, didn't have any wine last night so am counting down to wine time today!

DoubleMum Sat 16-Mar-13 18:30:14

Ooh dear, was at Ikea for lunch and now there is Dominos!!! Birthday weekends are bad.

KettleCrunch Sat 16-Mar-13 19:39:29

Had to abandon my run before the end as I thought I was going to drown, the rain was that bad! Still got about 15 minutes of running done, though, and all in one go as my app stopped working and I didn't realise so just kept running... I thought it was taking a long time to tell me to start walking!

Tonight I will mostly be trying not to eat all the cupcakes from today's baking session.

BambieO Sat 16-Mar-13 22:30:43

Terrible evening, have been rowing with DH and it all came to a head. All sorted now but with wine and takeaway sad haven't este anything all day till now

DoubleMum Sat 16-Mar-13 22:39:29

Oh dear Bambie, hope you're OK.

BambieO Sat 16-Mar-13 23:12:26

I'm ok thanks double, just the trials and tribulations of life I guess. We are still adapting from a twosome to a three unit with DS. Just feels like I have lost my identity a bit

BambieO Sun 17-Mar-13 08:08:42

Another day, a good food day smile lets go!

Lizzylou Sun 17-Mar-13 08:44:01

Hope everyone is good.
Kettlecise soon, we have woken to some snow as well.
Bambie, hope you are ok. It is a big adjustment. Remember it well. You must eat though!

KettleCrunch Sun 17-Mar-13 10:13:39

Oh dear Bambie sad hope things are feeling a little better now. It's such a hard time. I have days where I feel exactly the same. And these kinds of situations are exactly what wine and takeaway is for! Every healthy eating regime can accommodate days like these once in a while. And today is, as you say, a new food day smile

Hope everyone has a good Sunday!

BsshBossh Sun 17-Mar-13 11:23:47

Bambie my entire first year with DD was huge adjustment period for DH and I. It does get much, much easier. Hang in there.

BsshBossh Sun 17-Mar-13 19:35:30

<off topic alert>

Ok ladies, I have decided to stay away from Mumsnet (and the rest of the Internet except email and my work) for the next three days, just to see if I can and also to see how my productivity and spare time fares. I spend far too much free time surfing so it's my little experiment.

If you see me here or on MFP forums please kick me up the arse!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now