Week 7 - New Year Low Carb Bootcamp - Where We Get Tough!

(450 Posts)
BIWI Mon 18-Feb-13 08:30:57

Morning campers

Here is the Spreadsheet of Fabulousness

This week sees the start of Ubercamp. This is entirely optional, by the way!

The idea is that we have three very strict days, keeping our carbs under 20g each day and consuming no dairy.

If you want to take part, I have put together three days' worth of meals as a guide - one which includes eggs and one which is an egg-free plan for those of you who don't like eggs. I'll also do one today which is purely fish-based.

As well as the meal plans, I've also written shopping lists and some recipes, where necessary, and the lovely Willie has put these on the spreadsheet - just look at the tabs at the bottom.

Yama Mon 18-Feb-13 18:19:45

I seem to be down 1.5lbs this week. I'll take that.

The sore throat seems to be gone but my body is tired. I guess from my immune system having to fight for the last week.

Good luck to the Ubercampers. I salute you.

ShebaQueen Mon 18-Feb-13 18:20:38

Hello all, I have lost another 2lbs so am very happy. Am planning to continue with non uber bootcamp. Can't honestly say that I think I've conquered my cravings for sweet things, but have avoided the baking recipes and tried to distract myself with things I can eat rather than those I can't.

Thanks for all the support, it really helps.

MyHeadWasInTheSandNowNot Mon 18-Feb-13 18:33:22

split I love avocado, so that's a bonus! I just chop it up, cover it in freshly ground black pepper and eat it with the macadamias or put slices of avocado on top of pieces of cheese - sometimes I put the Food Doctors mixed seeds on it - that really nice! With lunch you might like it mixed with a little tobasco sauce (one or two drops).

NellVarnish Mon 18-Feb-13 18:40:29

Well done to all you losers, and thanks once more to Willie and BIWI for their sterling efforts.

Ubercamp sounds fab and much as I could do with a boot up the arse, (STS this week unfortunately), I've done my food shopping and have loads of lovely Lidl yoghurt in the fridge. Will keep an eye on portion sizes though and not have too much dairy wise.

Am a bit scunnered to be honest. sad

erm before you heap the praise blush

I have had to watch calories to can not indulge as much as you ladies
why not on spreadsheet but that`s because I am in a wheelchair and can not burn them just by standing up walking up stiars etc or the 1001 small moves you ladies do every day

Collywibbles Mon 18-Feb-13 18:53:55

Well I have stayed the same (again lol!) BUT I decided to do check out my other stats on the scales this morning as I haven't done that for 4 months (couldn't remember how!) and my Body fat % has gone down from 32% to 24%. I know that it isn't an accurate figure but nice to see a decrease nevertheless. I do a lot of exercise and knew I was getting more defined muscle so that has cheered me up!

Am doing uber this week as well - thank you so much for all the inspiration Biwi.

Well done to all the losers and keep going to the stsers and gainers x

mumat39 Mon 18-Feb-13 19:03:01

Thanks Ilisten thanks

I would love a curry, but I'm not sure I'd be able to resist all the sides, so am staying away for the moment.

Fingers crossed the unwanted pound disappears soon. Xxx

captainmummy Mon 18-Feb-13 19:09:27

I've nominated you BlackAff - i think you've done brilliantly, what with the zumba and all.

THC - you have done great, don;t deny it!

I've had the carpenter here today, so haven;t been able to get in the kitchen. Had no brekkie, only a rooibos with coconut oil. Lunch was 3 slices of lidl edam, and 3 slices of ham. And about 500g lidl yog blush
Dinner - leftover pork roast with gravy, cauli mash and brussels.

1 coffee with cream and i think i'm done!

I'll be ubercamping next week. When i see how you've all done!

NoveltySlippers Mon 18-Feb-13 19:32:17

HumanCatapult you have done bloody brilliant. Must be difficult with the limited mobility and you should be feeling v proud!

So I've started uber-ing already and had tuna mayonnaise in gem lettuce (okay, it was romaine lettuce, but v. similar) for lunch. Sounds like such a simple meal - but it was absolutely delicious! The crunch it added was perfect.

Who knew that lettuce could be MORE satisfying than bread/pitta/wraps??

Jacaqueen Mon 18-Feb-13 19:46:39

That's me back from my little holiday. I will weigh in the morning and see what the damage is. Sounds like this uber Bootcamp is just what I need to correct any damage. I will start in the morning.

Doshusallie Mon 18-Feb-13 20:01:24

I am not ubering as am in maintenance mode. Which by the way does not mean I can reintroduce ANY higher carb foods - I don,t eat berries, or anything like that. sad

timidviper Mon 18-Feb-13 20:04:12

Well as mentioned upthread I need to be good and have a vast amount of salmon to get through so today I had hot water and lemon first thing then did Shred level 1, followed by a brunch of scrambled eggs with salmon.

Can you guess what I had for tea? ...Salmon and prawns with stir fried veg and those zero carb noodles, they were not bad at all in this.

I've mixed the rest of the salmon with chopped spring onions, cucumber and mayonnaise and will have some on romaine lettuce tomorrow for lunch.

Thanks Ruprekt and willie. I know weight loss doesn't always go linearly but it is still a bit of a gutwrencher when you put on unexpectedly, irrational though that is. I think I might be feeling a bit thinner around the middle though so will just keep plodding on.

I seem to have inadvertently invited friends for tea tomorrow night so now need to plan a menu! Am thinking roast chicken thighs, creamed leeks and veg but will see.

hazchem Mon 18-Feb-13 20:37:01

Hi all,

.2 killos on but hey ho I feel happy and healthy!
Have started Ubercamp (although I might have been referring to it as "The three day World Order")
Started with Day 1 but had a slip or two note below
B) mushroom scrambled eggs (it stuck to the pan so couldn't be an omelet) 2 black coffees
L) tuna mayonnaise in Cos lettuce (not a baby gem to be found)
S) 2 teaspoons of coconut oil at about 3 pm. I know no snacking but I was super super hungry and about to start eating slices of butter!
D) The major deviation. Cold Roast chicken with with garlic butter and 100g broccoli florets fried with 50g shallot and chilli flakes and some asparagus and lettuce.

So I know it's higher then the 9 carbs but it lots lower then my last week and I didn't have and yoghurt or cheese.

Better go OH is stuggling to contain the almost 2 year old and do the dishes.

BIWI Mon 18-Feb-13 20:39:50

hazchem - that all looks fine! Day 1 was super low carb anyway, so eating more veg isn't going to be an issue. And as you said, no dairy!

I'm not looking forward to going without my coffee tomorrow. I'm also at a client's for lunch and although I have asked for a salad, have no idea what that will mean. But at least being out and about and in meetings will mean that I'm not sitting around thinking about food.

Catching up with thread
Thehumancatapult-glad to see you are still with us although only half of you after ur brilliant weight loss!
B - Greek yoghurt
L- creamy veg soup
D salmon, fried cabbage, green beans
S lump of cheese

I can't über camp this week but loving your work BIWI. Will try that next week it have a fridge full to eat up.

Well done to all the losses this week.

Pork chops, mashed swede and buttery cabbage and leeks before uber camp starts tomorrow - fridge is stocked and feel raring to go, need a bit of a kick so this should do it I hope!

SavoirFaire Mon 18-Feb-13 21:18:45

Well done losers! I'm up 1.5lbs which I'm a bit peeved about, as I was 1 lb down on Sunday morning! However, I did have wine over the weekend and a bit of two of a cheese muffin I made for the DCs. Hoping to start uber bootcamp tomorrow assuming my shopping delivery arrives (currently late!). I can't stand tuna so will have to improvise tomorrow's lunch but other than that I'm in.

AuntieMaggie Mon 18-Feb-13 22:39:13

Thanks EwanHoozami I'll give it a go! I hope you aren't getting ill - there's so much going around atm.

I've felt crap on and off for about a month now since I had bronchitis so have had the odd throat sweet/hot toddy/lots of drugs so am just pleased I've managed to stay the same. Its really hard though to stay on track. Today my throats sore and I've got a dry cough after 2 days of feeling well angry but still managed 2 zumba sessions!

Ruprekt Mon 18-Feb-13 22:39:53

Blimey I need another medal!

Went out for dinner with lots of friends and kids - a Wetherspoon sort of place. Everyone had burgers and chips and onion rings etc and choc fudge cake.

I had a prawn cocktail, side order of fried mushrooms, side order of coleslaw and a coffee.

smilesmilesmile Yay me again!

Ruprekt Mon 18-Feb-13 23:50:11

And I had the guts to tell a friend I was low carbing and she said it was fine and I could have it without Filo pastry.

TheEarlyBird Tue 19-Feb-13 07:16:31

Haven't been brave enough to weigh in - will do it later in the week and see if I have lost some of my skiing weight!

ScillyCow Tue 19-Feb-13 07:21:22

CHecking in.

Doing the uberdiet from today.

Must drink enough water!! Realy struggling with the water thing at the moment. Have decided I have to drink a glass of water each time I go to the loo (not in the loo, obs).

halfthesize Tue 19-Feb-13 07:25:44

brew morning all, after day one of ubercamp I am 2lbs downgrin

QuickLookBusy Tue 19-Feb-13 07:50:30

I'm a 1lb down this morning. Yippee.

BIWI Tue 19-Feb-13 08:01:01

I've decided to start ubercamp tomorrow, as I will be completely in charge of my food. But am Bootcamping properly today so am easing myself into it!

(grin at Bootcamp being a way of easing myself into something!!!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now