ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

The Big Fat List and Days Of Diom (TM) Part X - The one with multiple pregnancies shook up with hen do's, Wedding and a sprinkle of stress!

(518 Posts)
ChocolatesSnowAngel Wed 05-Dec-12 07:19:32

Moving in over here girls, the old pad was a tad crowded!!!

Hedgepig Thu 10-Jan-13 21:39:40

The scores on the doors this week are

Grinningbee -5lb this week, total weight loss 5lb, start weight 15st 12.5lb, current weight 15st 7.5lb.
Chocolatesnowangel -4lbs this week , current weight 12st 1lb.
Kid lost 3lb this week total loss 3lb.
Fakeblond lost 1lb this week, 8lb to go to target weight.
Hedgepig -1.5 lb this week, total loss 1.5lb current weight 11st 12.5lb aiming to get back to target weight of 11st 0lb.
Huffpot +5lb this week.

So slimmer of the week is the lovely Bee (unless its your 1st week and then it's ChocolatesnowAngel) do have a bowl of lovely fruit

Well done ladies

grinningbee Thu 10-Jan-13 21:46:09

Well done everyone!

I can't claim the fruit bowl 'cos it was my first week. So well done to Chcolate grin

Hedgepig Thu 10-Jan-13 21:56:38

But it has some lovely rank bananas in it Beegrin

ChocolatesSnowAngel Thu 10-Jan-13 22:00:15

ooo Bee I''ll swop you a rank banana for a squishy mouldy tangerine smile

Fabulous list <waves pom poms>

kid Thu 10-Jan-13 23:00:48

The worst piece of fruit has to be marmalade oranges. It doesn't matt how cheap they are, they are nasty. Yes, I bought some and as no one would eat them, they are now in the bin where they belong.

DH didn't lose any weight at all this week, yet I managed 3lb. Not sure what went wrong, I'm guessing it could be the crisp, nuts or wine that he had quite a lot of over the course of the week!

Well done to everyone, I think we are back on track with sw now that Christmas is out of the way. Maybe we can lose enough weight to not feel too guilty about eating Easter eggs in a few months time.

Sorry I missed the list, no biggie, I gained - again!!!!!

Backbon wagon tomorrow.

Sorry Ria, thinking if you xxx

Dsis is recovering well smile

kid Fri 11-Jan-13 00:45:41

Glad to hear she is recovering well smile

ChocolatesSnowAngel Fri 11-Jan-13 07:07:07

that's really good news about your Dsis FHF smile hope you ok too, stress can do strange things to you so take it easy

Hedgepig Fri 11-Jan-13 08:54:02

Splendid news about your Dsis FHF, sorry about the gain but ho hum it's another week

Bless your DH Kid, maybe he will be more focused this week

I've put myself down to do a Park Run Saturday morning 5k across a wet muddy park I must be bonkers. I'm actually bricking myself and will probably come last

Ria I hope you and you family are doing OK

grinningbee Fri 11-Jan-13 11:18:03

FHF Gad your Dsis is on the mend. Tis another week now, so I wouldn't fret about the gain.

Oooh so much mouldy fruit to choose from... yum yum <bleurgh> grin

Kid Nuts, crisps and wine would do it!

I'm going to make that Caribbean pepperpot stew again later. Yumdiddlyumptious smile

kid Fri 11-Jan-13 15:02:49

I fell over at work today! I managed to twist my ankle one way and my knee the opposite way. I'm fine though, ankle and knee are throbbing a bit but no swelling or bruising so I'll survive. I didn't even stop working, I got up and carried on with what I was doing grin

I haven't planned my meals at all since tuesday, I'm managing on a day to day basis but it means several visits to the shops during the week.

Thanks for the thoughts everyone, Dsis is looking well tonight she may get home on Sunday.

Good day today, not much food but wasn't that hungry.
B: 2 mandarins, melon
Mid morning snack - blueberries and an apple
L: grapes, strawberry Greek muller light (0.5 syns), orange
D: pasta and a gorgeous sauce made of tomato, tomato purée, peppers, onions, mushrooms and herbs with bacon. Lush!!
HeB: 2 rocky road Hifi lights.

Ria, how are things?

How'd everyone else's day go?

Poor kid, hope the leg heals soon x

How's everyone's Saturday been?

I'm waiting on my diet coke chicken to cook, I could eat a scabby donkey!

kid Sat 12-Jan-13 20:10:34

I've not had a great day but I'm hoping I'll get away with it by not using all syns up during the week.
I had weetabix for breakfast (HEb & HEa), but I was visiting someone at lunchtime and we dipped in to a tin of chocolates. I had 4 or 5. I just remember I also had a bar of chocolate before we got there, sod it. It was. One of those bueno ones.
To try and salvage the day, I had a fruit salad for lunch (melon, apple and tangerine) and dinner was a syn free chicken, pasta, green beans and peas.

I'm not overly worried about today, but its so easy to fall off the wagon!

kid Sat 12-Jan-13 22:56:14

I am so impressed with myself, I have just planned all of my meals until the 22nd January and I've ordered my shopping online to cover most of the meals. I may have to restock on some fresh fruit and veg, but the main part of the meals have been ordered to be delivered on Monday. I just hope everything turns up as I don't really want to have to go out and buy extra bits.

The way I am planning my meals is to type them on the computer week by week. Then, if one of the meals requires me to follow a recipe, I print that out too along with the meal plan and stick the whole lot on my fridge so if anyone wants to know what we are having, they can go and have a look for themselves.

I love being organised!

ladyarwenevenstar Sat 12-Jan-13 23:58:51

sounds fab kid. come round and organise me! I need a couple of reserve choices in case I can't be arsed!

grinningbee Sun 13-Jan-13 13:49:08

Happy Sunday! How did the mega run go Hedge? Kid Hope the leg is better. Yay for being so organised.

FHF Diet coke chicken? Is that similar to ham in coke?

All good here. Well, Thing is trying to organise tax return stuff for me to submit. I wish he wouldn't leave it so late. I'm a bit stressed. Grrr.

Foodwise all is going well. I just don't seem to be using my syns though. The most I seem to have in a day is 2 or 3!

Off for a top up shop in a mo. Without Thing or the dc grin

Diet coke chicken is easy and gorg.

Cook chicken breast, onion, pepper, mushroom (or whatever veg you choose) in a pan.

Add 1 tin diet coke/Pepsi max, 5 tablespoons of passatta, a splash of lea and perrins.

Let the liquid simmer til it becomes a sticky sauce.

Delicious & syn free. I served with sw chips & rice.

Hedgepig Sun 13-Jan-13 22:36:11

That sounds pretty yummy FHF I will add this to the list of possibilities . I need done inspiration as I am having one good day followed by one bad day at the moment

The run was OK Bee, not as fast as I had hoped but it was hilly (well as hilly as it gets around here! ) and very muddy .

Has anyone got snow, it is bitterly cold here but no snow yet .

No snow here yet. I hope it stays away. I hate snow.

Have you ever tried the baked bean lasagne? I'll stick the recipe in the other place.

I'm a hungry horse tonight - but it's free & Superfree so that might not do me too much damage.

kid Sun 13-Jan-13 23:38:32

I've had baked bean lasagne before, it's lovely.
Leg is completely fine, I was very lucky.
We don't have any snow here, I'll doubt we'll get any either which is great. DC want it to snow, but its not practical, especially if I have to go out.

2 glasses of white wine spritzer isn't too bad, is it? blush no other syns today so I'm hoping it was ok.

Hedgepig Mon 14-Jan-13 13:24:18

I really want chocolate hmm. I think it's the snow making me want a big sugar boost

Do you have any hot choc hedge? Lower in syns and warmer than a bug bar.

I woke this morning feeling rough. Had to ring in sick, but after sleeping all morning I'm feeling good. Contemplating going in for the afternoon, but know if it was colleague he wouldn't be as thoughtful.

Just had apple and plum so far. Am making lasagne for dinner.

big bar, not a bug bar grin

I want cake.

Oh boy do I want cake!!!!

I'm in bed, so not near the kitchen.

Families are the best of times and the worst of times. Today is one of the worst of times.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now