Week 1 Weigh-In - Little Black Dress Low Carb Boot Camp

(982 Posts)

i know you're all dying to get started on the low carb boot camp, and for those who haven't done this before, here is the link to the spreadsheet where you should record your starting weight for Monday 1st October in column c next to your name. Please don't touch any other columns for now

weight is recorded in lbs, so if you have problems converting from kg or stones, FiddledeFat made a handy widget which can be found in the tab at the bottom labelled 'conversion'

if your name isn't on the spreadsheet then you can add yourself by adding a new line and dragging the formulae down from an adjacent row, or just ask me to add you and I will do so as soon as i can

good luck with the first week of bootcamp!

halfthesize Mon 01-Oct-12 12:56:18

Mme homemade soup or salad are always easy. smile

Ilovemyteddy Mon 01-Oct-12 12:57:53

MmeLindor - I usually take salad and cold meat and make a kind of wrap out of the meat with the salad in the middle, but since we are on bootcamp how about tuna salad, or any kind of fishy salad (gotta keep that Omega6 up!) Otherwise homemade veg soup (there is a lovely curried cauliflower soup in the IPD book and I think it's on the recipe thread) and Getorf posted a gorgeous mackerel pate recipe early on on the recipe thread which is yummy with iceberg lettuce leaves wrapped around it.

Now tell me you don't like fish... grin

cartblanche Mon 01-Oct-12 12:59:12

Right time to start again! Have entered my weight and as BIWI has said this WOE is VERY unforgiving. I have put 6 pounds since last Monday because I have eaten bread and pizza. SO if I am strict this week I will expect to take most if not all of this OFF again. I have done this so many times I am not going to get excited till I have lost a whole stone. I have too much experience of losing it quick and gaining it quick.

12 weeks till Christmas.

Would like to lose a stone and a half.

So far today have eaten:
3 scrambled eggs, 3 sausages (97% meat)
1 herbal tea & 1 decaf coffee with semi-skimmed milk (shouldn't have had the milk!)

BigStickBIWI Mon 01-Oct-12 13:01:23

NotAgainandAgain NO FRUIT ON BOOTCAMP! Seriously. We're not only trying to keep the carbs low in these two weeks, we're also trying to break the addiction to sweet things. If you can't face yoghurt without them, then maybe give the yoghurt a miss as well? Or - try putting some vanilla extract in. (Check it hasn't got sugar in it first though)

MmeLindor woo hoo! I think we should allow you to have a glass but not the whole bottle of Champagne tonight! Re lunches - do you have a kitchen/microwave at work?

Viperidae - we're trying to avoid processed foods because of the artificial ingredients in them. However, you can eat things like bacon/ham/smoked fish - just not for every meal or every day! And I agree with you, there are degrees of being processed! Buy naice hem (obviously - you're a MNetter!) and good quality bacon.

NewStartSameStory sorry about your nose grin. If you have to have coffee - and I do! - can you at least use an artificial sweetener rather than sugar, to cut the carbs? I know that runs counter to the rules and other advice I'm giving, but withdrawal from caffeine at the same time as carbs could make you feel pretty shitty. You may need to do this a bit more gradually - get off the carbs first and then look at the coffee situation.

frumpet Mon 01-Oct-12 13:06:06

Oh dear day one and i am not doing so well , forgot to buy cream , so had two coffee's with skimmed milk , then was half way through can of diet coke before remembering it was verbotten! Have drunk lots of water , infact i believe the way this diet works is that you spend so much time on loo , you havent time to indulge in anything naughty. Also didnt get time to eat breakfast , very bad again , just had some ham smothered in full fat cream cheese and rolled up for lunch . But its a learning curve and i am already working out how to be very good tomorrow smile

BigStickBIWI Mon 01-Oct-12 13:08:18

Don't worry, frumpet - two coffees should be fine and one Diet Coke isn't going to ruin anything. As you're finding, planning ahead is key on this WOE.

frumpet Mon 01-Oct-12 13:14:38

I got up so late this morning , as my alarm clock decided to have a lie in , on a monday morning , not a saturday or sunday , oh no . The child who wakes at 6 every morning , woke at 7.50 ............!

newstart sorry about your nose issue... But i really did LOL at this! I too am finding the water consumption tricky! Wish we had a downstairs loo!!

Kickboxer Mon 01-Oct-12 13:20:13

Filled in my weight on the spreadsheet (how utterly and completely depressing...!!!)

Breakfast: scrambled eggs with ham and mushrooms
Lunch: sausages (leftovers)
Water: 1 litre
Exercise: Kickboxing (which is why I managed to drink so much water!)

Just checked the rules. Eeek! 3 litres of water???!!! Will have to rejig the number of glasses I have to drink – I had measured how much water each one had so knew exactly how many I needed to get through.

Just off to browse the recipe section now.

NewStart - I'm up there with you, I'm 82 kg so really, really need to lose some of this weight.

Kickboxer Mon 01-Oct-12 13:20:45

Oh and I'd better add the 3 cups of tea, although I drink them black so no damage to my carbs!

BigStickBIWI Mon 01-Oct-12 13:32:00

You do get used to drinking the water, honestly!

wishes I had shares in Andrex

btw the spreadsheet works much better in google chrome than explorer

NigellasGuest Mon 01-Oct-12 13:41:52

is google chrome really good?
was thinking of changing to it

WineGless Mon 01-Oct-12 13:42:28

Re the water I buy a 750 ml bottle and know I have to Drink 4 to get my 3 L in For the day. There is some evidence to support drinking out the sports top Bottle makes it easier to drink something about fooling your mind. Worth a try if you're struggling

please can somebody add me, really need to get going on this weight loss
starting weight 188lbs, thanks ladies

TooImmatureTurtleDoves Mon 01-Oct-12 13:48:18

Darn, I left my 750ml bottle in the car and I can't be arsed to go out and get it. Regular old pint glass for me when I can be bothered to get up.

So far so good, except for a cup of tea with semi-skimmed milk at bf group. However, I nobly resisted all the biscuits and Scotch pancakes with butter, even while feeding DD chunks of pancake. Didn't get back until nearly 1.30 and was starving, so have just inhaled a huge portion of chilli with guacamole. I'm still hungry. Am trying to wait to see if the food hits my tummy and makes me feel full before raiding the fridge again.

MmeLindor Mon 01-Oct-12 13:50:25

We have microwave, so could do soup.

I like most fish, so could take salad with fish.

I remember from last boot camp there were certain sausages that were low carb

WineGless Mon 01-Oct-12 13:56:53

Turtle doves- drink the water now to fill you up before you raid fridge

WineGless Mon 01-Oct-12 13:57:48

Black farmer sausages are good low carb ones. Usually good quality sausages where they don't add shite to as a filler are your best bet

teaandthorazine Mon 01-Oct-12 14:02:44

Right, have weighed in at 10 stone (140lbs) on the nose this morning. Which is not bad. So tbh I don't know whether to bootcamp it or not, 'cos I kinda want some LC encouragement but I'm not fussed about losing much more weight...maybe a few lbs though would be nice...

Can I play on here even if I'm Bootcamp Lite-ing? [looks worriedly at BIWI's stick]

(It's dp's birthday today and there is chocolate cake, whisky, champagne and an actual KILO of Dairy Milk in the kitchen. I'm DOOOOOOOMED grin)

All this drink is making me so bloated... AND i really cant stop weeing! Dont know how im going to make the school run both ways... Might have to find a bush somewere hahas! blush

tea stay awayyyy from the dairy milk!!

ABitWoozy Mon 01-Oct-12 14:12:37

"if you have been low carbing since before the start of this bootcamp and would like your loss to date added to the spreadsheet, just let me know your start date and start weight and I will get those added"

Yes please! Start date 1st September, start weight a humungous 206lb blush

CakeMeIAmYours Mon 01-Oct-12 14:14:37

I do know we're supposed to be avoiding processed foods, but these sausages are lovely and at only 0.6g carbs each, are the lowest I could find. They seem to make me feel full for ages too.

Can't stomach fried food without ketchup, so have been having a teeny tiny scraping of this low sugar ketchup with my fried eggs and sausages.

Shagmundfreud Mon 01-Oct-12 14:15:02

Would anyone like to share their thoughts on protein shakes?

I have one instead of a meal every now and again because it's quick and easy and fills me up for a few hours.

I have bought a kilo of unflavoured whey powder from amazon - no sweeteners, no carbs, no flavour. Except it has got a flavour. Not a very nice one.

However, with a teaspoon of vanilla extract, a teaspoon of sweetener, a glug of cream (lactose free) and cold water, it's actually quite palatable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now