ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Myfitnesspal.com support thread 5

(990 Posts)

A shiny new thread for existing users of mfp and for anyone new who would like to join us for support, bottom kicking and general chatting smile

Old thread here

Yes to evening pickings, mainly through habit and boredom.

So I do sewing either embrioderies or at the moment I'm making one similar to this. Because I've found if my hands are busy then I don't pick.

tiggy114 Sun 23-Sep-12 09:06:09

I use mfp on my phone in an app. Does anyone know how i find out exactly how much i weighed at my last weigh in? I found the graph under progress but it doesn't give an exact weight, only the line iyswin.

PunkInDublic Sun 23-Sep-12 09:56:18

Sounds fab Hurricane, something DS would enjoy too so could do as a pudding we could all have instead of me having different.

readyforno2 Sun 23-Sep-12 10:14:45

Frozen banana does sound good, will need to give it a try. Thanks!

hurricanewyn Sun 23-Sep-12 14:26:31

tiggy - if you go to reecord todays weight it'll still have wgat you put last.

PunkInDublic Sun 23-Sep-12 16:20:55

Does everyone weigh in everyday? I know I'm lighter than yesterday but I assumed that's a water loss. Haven't recorded it.

readyforno2 Sun 23-Sep-12 18:07:49

I only weigh once a week, at the same time/day each week. It's difficult not to weigh every day though

I was terrible in the evenings but I don't think it's hunger more habit/boredom/tiredness. I bought small things to eat in the evening to satisfy the cravings but also low calorie hot chocolate or just hot water helped me feel full and give me something to do and I think will power has a lot to do with it too, you need to decide that you'd rather lose weight then nibble in the evenings (I know easier said than done!). Once you stop though it becomes easier. I also found going for a run in the evening meant I didn't want to eat when I got back.

My last weight is at the end of the line on my app tiggy114.

PunkInDublic I weigh every day most of the time but now I've been maintaining a while I find the urge to weigh as often has reduced! When I went on holiday I couldn't weigh and found that I managed to maintain without seeing my weight every day which reassured me that I was making the right choice whether I knew my weight or not.

Made Lorraine Pascales peanut butter squares today, they have 375 calories per square which is scarily high!! I cut mine into 25 instead of 16 which took it down to 240 but I think I will still have to give them away to stop me picking! Dc will help I'm sure. Shouldn't have been surprised considering the ingredients were butter, sugar, peanut butter, digestive biscuits and chocolate! Reeeeeaaaaaalllllllllyyyyy tasty though wink

OnlyWantsOne Mon 24-Sep-12 14:44:20

You lot - please add me
onlywantsone

I need some support and motivation!!'

Sparklingbrook Mon 24-Sep-12 14:56:50

I have to go out for a pub lunch tomorrow. It's too early in the regime for me. Any suggestions? It's a Hungry Horse. I was thinking Baked Spud with beans?

Sparkling

If you put in hungry horse in MFP they have lists of their dinners so you can work out the calories before you go.

Sparklingbrook Mon 24-Sep-12 15:15:12

Ooh do they where thank you for that. My first meal out on day 6-not ideal. And I know my friend will be all 'is that all you are having'. sad

I really must have a look at more of the site than my daily food habits.

I always look when I'm going out because then I can adjust my calories/exercise intake for the rest of the day.

Sparklingbrook Mon 24-Sep-12 17:07:46

I am going to get my 3 mile brisk walk in first where and earn some calories back. I can't believe I have nearly done a week, and it's going really well.

OnlyWantsOne Mon 24-Sep-12 17:15:35

I am very hungry sad

Day 1 and I have zilch idea what to eat for dinner. Any suggestions?

Doesn't help that it's pissing it down with rain!

nimbs Mon 24-Sep-12 17:22:18

yay 6lbs gone - hopefully for good ;) Has taken 6 weeks though - a long old slog, hopefully will get back into the swing of things again.

Quick question for those who have lost weight - do you have any friends who say that you've lost too much/must stop now etc? I am finally in the normal range for my height - and am definately nowhere near the minimum limit so am not underweight (by any stretch of the imagination) but I keep getting comments like that. I can only think that it's because they have only known me as much larger than I am now slimmer it looks odd?

As a teenager/young 20s, when I met my DH I weighed less than I do now - definately didn't get any comments then? If you have had stuff like this how have you fielded the comments, it's beginning to annoy me as I still have a little way to go so not sure how much more I can suffer them!!

Anyway - hope everyone else is getting on ok - am sat watching Gordon Ramsey bake cakes - maybe not the best when am tryikng to cut back!!

Sparklingbrook Mon 24-Sep-12 17:42:48

I have the nibbles but I am distracting myself. The DC are having Pizza and chips before footy training and it smells fab. This is the point I usually hoover up what they leave.

I am having a baked potato with Tuna and a huge salad-much later.

Hungry horse have some lighter options which have the calories next to them, I had the blackened tuna and jacket when I went there a while ago Sparklingbrook, good luck!!

Onlywantsone, I have the same dinners I always had just smaller! Any lean meat will allow you to eat more or fish, jacket/ new potatoes are good if you can have them without butter and lots of veg! I also have spag Bol, curry, roasts, fajitas just can't have as much, check out calories on the fajita dinner kit before you eat them- it doesn't include the chicken or peppers!

I have the same problem nimbs have lost 5 1/2 st so do look a lot different, it's just that I had a small frame under all that blubber so I'm not really that thin. I think people get used to you as you say and you just look skinnier than a person who's been that weight for ages. My bmi is now 22 so in the middle, I could be a stone and half lighter before I get into too light but I think that would be too light for me. I have been told off by a couple and told you're not losing anymore are you?!?! by lots of others. Dh reckons its jealousy but I'm not the synical. He says they like having a fat friend who they always think they look better than and now I'm thinner than them. I like to think if they're real friends they wouldn't have that attitude but maybe I'm naive!

nimbs Mon 24-Sep-12 20:23:06

Thanks Cinnamon - hoping that it's not jealousy - and unlikely as they are all very slim/toned but more that they can't see me as I am now without remembering how I was iyswim? It's just rather annoying! I get the you're not losing anymore - or oh my god you've lost sooooo much weight (cheers for that confused - will just let it go!

I never get any comment, except for dh and mil. My mum lives a distance away and doesnt see me often, so really should notice the difference, same as sis but neither comment.
It is really disheartening tbh.

Oh should mention I have lost 28lbs, so 2 st, which I think is more than enough for a comment or two hmm grin

nimbs Mon 24-Sep-12 20:50:29

That's frustrating monster esp. after 2 stones!! Even a - wow you're looking well - would be good!! Has made me slightly paranoid at how fat everyone knew thought I was!

I think the baggy clothes must of hid my fat well grin

Have you got clothes that fit now MonsterBookOfTysons? Boo to your mum and sister!

I always think that nimbs! Everyone comments when you're getting thinner but no one says 'wow you're piling on the lbs, better get some control!' I have a friend who is naturally very thin and people ALWAYS comment on her size, she finds it really upsetting as lot of the comments involve suggestions she's anorexic. She always says why is it ok to comment on a thin person but not a fat person. I know if someone had said something about me being too fat I'd have been gutted but I may not have spent so much of my life as big and it doesn't mean I don't get hurt by the 'too skinny' comments I get!

OnlyWantsOne Mon 24-Sep-12 21:52:46

I have no clothes. Sob

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now