European city break with DS 11 and 9: where would you recommend?

(10 Posts)
Liltzero Tue 04-Oct-16 21:52:46

Hello! I'm looking for ideas for a European city break with my sons in April. Somewhere with lots etc to do, good logistics (easy to get around, not too expensive to eat out). They've been to Rome.
Thanks in advance

annandale Tue 04-Oct-16 21:55:17

I've heard many, many good things about Vienna with children but not very specific - just how fantastic it was.

I believe you have to go a long way to find anywhere more amazing than Barcelona but haven't been with kids.

Longdistance Tue 04-Oct-16 21:59:57

Nice.

Very child friendly and should catch some sunshine too.

We went in December last year, for Xmas market, was 20'c during the day.

SunnySomer Tue 04-Oct-16 22:01:07

Berlin. Tonnes to do, whatever they're into. V easy to get around.

spiderbabymum Tue 04-Oct-16 22:01:09

Barcelona . We LOVED it

Liltzero Tue 04-Oct-16 22:30:45

Thanks all. Some ideas here I hadn't thought of. Berlin in particular has pricked my interest.

RTKangaMummy Tue 04-Oct-16 22:33:36

Berlin or Vienna or Saltzberg.

Costacoffeeplease Tue 04-Oct-16 22:34:42

Lisbon, v compact and good public transport. Lots of history, museums and the aquarium. Great food and just wandering about possibilities too

RTKangaMummy Tue 04-Oct-16 22:37:02

*Salzburg

Allalonenow Tue 04-Oct-16 23:03:49

Amsterdam, short flights, loads of hotels and cafes in all price ranges, easy to walk around as all flat, canal trips, markets, good train link to the airport, loads of things to do for children.
Very diifferent compared to any UK city, so instant continental impact for children.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now