Baby to a festival?

(4 Posts)
curseoflovely Fri 27-May-16 11:00:58

Hello, I need some advice! My friend has just given birth and is determined to take her newborn to Glastonbury Festival in four weeks time to finish her 12-years-in-the-making documentary. I may be going to help her. As a mother of two boys, we took them when they were 9 and 13, which was hard enough. Has anyone ever taken a tiny baby to a music festival and if so, what tips do you have (apart from don't do it!) ?

mummymeister Tue 31-May-16 16:22:27

Ear defenders. its not right to subject a very small child to that level of noise because it can cause long term damage. I know you can do it with planning but really just why would you? I guess there is the whole " a baby isn't going to change me and my lifestyle" stuff but that's not for me I am afraid. its only a couple of nights. why doesn't she leave the baby at home with a bottle or some expressed milk.

curseoflovely Tue 31-May-16 17:50:59

Thank you mummymeister, very wise words. She is a very determined woman, but with four weeks to go could maybe get into an expressing/mixed feeding routine to make what you suggest possible.

CottonSock Tue 31-May-16 17:54:49

Maybe she will change her mind! I have a friend who took a little one and she was terrified of people crashing into tent in night and didn't sleep at all. Not much fun the next day. I took my two year old and had a great time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now