Weekend away for DH 40th

(10 Posts)
MsFiremanSam Sun 21-Jun-15 22:31:58

I'm hoping to take DH away for a weekend in August, for his 40th birthday. Reykjavik has been recommended but no idea what it's like. We haven't been away together since DS was born 5 years ago so really want it to be special. Was thinking Europe but wondering if it's worth it for two nights compared to what I could get in the UK.
We're not really ones for nightlife - nice restaurants, walks, sightseeing is more our thing.
Any ideas much appreciated!

wickedwaterwitch Tue 23-Jun-15 20:13:58

Iceland is very expensive but supposed to be fab - I haven't been though.

Paris? London? Bath? Venice?

What's your budget and how far from where you live do you want to go?

IME its best to not spend too long on the journey (unless it's an amazing journey in itself - Eurostar 1st class is nice although Obvs not today!) if you don't get away often.

wickedwaterwitch Tue 23-Jun-15 20:14:50

Venice is fabulous
So is Rome

And both very romantic

Fisharefriendsnotfood Tue 23-Jun-15 20:15:09

Sheen falls hotel, kenmare, co. Cork. Ireland. Heaven on earth.

PotteringAlong Tue 23-Jun-15 20:15:59

Where are you traveling from?

backtoworkblues Tue 23-Jun-15 20:33:38

Galway for fantastic restaurants and sightseeing. Usually cheap flights to Knock or Shannon.

MsFiremanSam Tue 23-Jun-15 22:27:35

Thanks for the replies. We're in Leeds, and budget about £1000. Do fancy Iceland but is it worth it for 2 nights? Wouldn't want to leave the kids longer than that. Also ideally would fly from Leeds and can't find anything to Iceland.

PotteringAlong Wed 24-Jun-15 02:47:47

How about Prague?

MsFiremanSam Wed 24-Jun-15 22:33:04

Thanks Pottering, we've been to Prague. Was lovely!

PotteringAlong Thu 25-Jun-15 08:45:00

Berlin?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now