Hotels in Dublin

(39 Posts)
calpopscalum Sun 24-Sep-06 13:18:34

Mum is taking dad away to Dublin for a weekend and wants me to book her a good hotel - city centre and min of 3 star. Anyone help? ta

SherlockLGJ Tue 26-Sep-06 23:26:19

Buda

They got rid of the whoor in the sewer, thanks be to Jaysus.

BudaBabe Tue 26-Sep-06 23:29:24

Out of date as usual me!

SherlockLGJ Tue 26-Sep-06 23:31:43

They got rid of it, as it was just becoming a dumping ground for litter etc.,

BudaBabe Tue 26-Sep-06 23:34:32

Wonder how much that cost??

And don't get me started on teh Spire!

SherlockLGJ Tue 26-Sep-06 23:36:43

Well the whoor cost nowt Smurfit paid for it, better employed giving his money to the hospice in Harolds X or similar.

And as for the spire.................a dick on a stick I have heard it called.

BudaBabe Tue 26-Sep-06 23:37:50

LOL

It's bloody ridiculous looking!

BudaBabe Tue 26-Sep-06 23:38:15

Off to bed now - night!

vontrapp Tue 26-Sep-06 23:50:24

this one's very nice

chipmonkey Wed 27-Sep-06 00:09:43

The Whore in The Sewer is not gone altogether. It's been moved to the same street as David Norris apparently.

alanaerin Wed 20-Feb-13 08:11:52

I stayed at Metro hotel located near Dublin airport. It is good hotel with luxurious facilities. You can check it here: www.metrohoteldublinairport.com/

The Metro hotel is very close to the airport but if you're thinking of staying close to the airport I'd recommend The Crowne Plaza in Northwood : www.cpireland.crowneplaza.com/

If you're looking for somewhere central you have to think of the city centre split by the river Liffey - so south side central or north side central.

South side central would be the likes of the Morrison, The Westbury, The Shelbourne, The St Stephens Green Hotel etc.
North side central would be the likes of The Gresham, The Gibson Hotel (behind the O2 or Point Depot as it used to be), The Royal Dublin etc.

Hope that helps.

Slainte Mon 25-Feb-13 08:35:49

Alana and Whatcha did you realise that this thread is 7 years old? grin

Oops. I didn't spot the date blush

Slainte Mon 25-Feb-13 11:59:11

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now