Luxury weekend next September for important b'day inspiration/ideas

(31 Posts)
thekingfisher Mon 28-Jul-14 15:11:59

Its DH's 50th next year and I am trying to think about a break away.
Budget is unlimited but not stupid and we will prob only have a maximum of 3 nights and most probably 2 nights away.
Consequently can't be so far afield (i.e. new york) that we spend all the time travelling.

We have done Paris on the Eurostar before so thats probably out - I also don;t want to do anywhere to obvious … DH's a real foodie so an excellent restaurant (michelin starred) or fab hotel in vicinity with great restaurant is really important….

Has anyone any ideas …

Happy to stay in the UK but not sure where to go - we have done Gidleigh Park for my 40th….

Roussette Wed 13-Aug-14 14:07:56

try again here

Chiana Fri 15-Aug-14 03:37:49

Ooh, the Bath Priory is supposed to be fabulous. We nearly went there but picked Lucknam Park instead. And my aunt and uncle have been to The Bath Priory and raved about it. It's definitely next on my list (who doesn't love Bath, after all?).

OP, I know many of the suggestions on here are a bit pricey. Have you considered going mid-week? Yes, it means having to take 2 or 3 days off work, but it's much cheaper in many of these hotels, because they cater to a weekend break crowd.

Frozennortherner Mon 18-Aug-14 08:14:46

http://www.bailenacille.co.uk/

Fab food. Fab location.

Heels99 Tue 19-Aug-14 12:20:04

Bath priory is lovely. Whatley manor is nicer though

pickle75 Tue 26-Aug-14 20:42:50

How about San Sebastián, Spain? It's got the most Michelin star restaurants per square mile than any other city.

ruralmyth Tue 09-Sep-14 18:00:17

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now