Birmingham city centre hotel

(7 Posts)
Zeeky Tue 09-Apr-13 12:36:11

I'm hoping someone will be able to recommend a luxury hotel in the city centre. For my husband's 40th birthday I have booked Purnell's restaurant (Michelin starred) which he has been dying to go to. I wanted to book a really nice hotel for the night too, but just not sure which one would be best. I want us to be close to all the shops, bars etc, but also be top notch, as this is a very rare night away from the kids for us! I've looked at the Macdonald Burlington, Radisson Blu, Malmaison and La Tour but just can't decide which one is best in terms of location and luxury! Any ideas?

tiredemma Tue 09-Apr-13 12:37:58

Not Burlington- its not that 'good.

Ive stayed in Radisson and Malmaison. Malmaison is by far the best and in a better 'area' for bars etc

tiredemma Tue 09-Apr-13 12:38:43

sorry- only other one I would recommend would be the Du Vin on Church St- but even then I would go for Malmaison over it.

Zeeky Tue 09-Apr-13 13:57:00

Thanks so much guys. I think I'll go with Malmaison.

tiredemma Tue 09-Apr-13 15:51:31

Make sure you start the evening with a cocktail in their cocktail bar!

MelArt Wed 10-Apr-13 12:09:52

I actually recommend La Tour out of the hotels your listed! You can add a bit of luxury by staying in a suite of executive room, but even their basic rooms are lovely ( hotel-latour.co.uk/rooms/ )

lottie63 Sun 21-Apr-13 09:19:46

Google Stayingcool. They have appts with fabulous views and you could book a penthouse suite with a balcony I think. Have only done their Barcelona appt not Birmingham but their customer service was v good. Think you can order champagne etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now