Is there a way to do Disneyland Paris cheaply?!

(14 Posts)
girliefriend Tue 26-Mar-13 19:58:21

My eyes are watering at how expensive it looks!!

CecyHall Tue 26-Mar-13 20:02:06

Coach trips can work out cheaper. We did the Goldcrest kids go free offer last June and it was great. The only downside is they tend to only be a couple of days long, and if you are further North it can be a long travel time.

TreeFuMom Tue 26-Mar-13 20:09:35

I guess it depends if you are looking for the full experience (Disney hotel, restaurants in the park) or whether you are happy to stay somewhere else nearby.

We visited last year with free 1 day entry to both parks with Sky rewards. Two nights accommodation in a Novotel (family room) approx. £80 a night, travel by eurotunnel approx £150 (cheaper if you book early) plus petrol and tolls. Took our own food and drink into the park. All in, I'd say we spent about £500 - cheap compared to the ££££ that the hotel packages cost!

poorbuthappy Tue 26-Mar-13 20:11:25

We do middling cost.
Stay at Disney hotel but refuse to eat in the park.

Kiriwawa Tue 26-Mar-13 20:36:08

We stayed in a Disney hotel but over autumn half term. It was £500 for 4 days in teh park and 3 nights (for one adult and one child but staying in a room that slept 4).

We drove (much cheaper than Eurostar) and stopped at the big shopping centre near Disneyland and bought stuff to make packed lunches. Just outside the gates of Disneyland is a Maccy Ds so you can eat there reasonably cheaply.

Manage your kids' expectations about ice creams etc as they're al £££

girliefriend Tue 26-Mar-13 20:50:56

Thankyou, I hadn't thought of driving, will look into that! Just after I posted this I noticed that mn have a link at the top of the page for cheap hotel accommodation at the top of the page!! Am thinking of going october time and might <shock horror> take dd out of school for a day to go grin

givemeaclue Wed 27-Mar-13 07:14:56

In winter kids go free and there are always special offers like an extra night free etc. Groupon also have accommodation offers.

IDontDoIroning Wed 27-Mar-13 07:42:55

We took our caravan whitsun week stayed about 20 mins away. Bought tickets on the door - ended up with annual passes as it was better vfm and we went every day for a whole week we got extra fast passes free parking and a discount in the shop.
Used tesco vouchers for crossing.

jhonpage Wed 05-Jun-13 15:36:18

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

We're heading there at the end of June for step-son's 18th birthday (he has special needs, and is a big Disney fan - we only told him last night where we're taking him and he's so excited!)

We're staying in one of the hotels just outside the park - cheaper than Disney, but still close by. (Dream Castle we're in). Groupon often have deals, worth signing up for if you're not already.

We're flying Easyjet to Paris. I've booked a car transfer to the hotel, though there are cheaper shuttle buses.

DH bought some shares in DLP, which gives discount on the park ticket prices. Check out the best value for passes depending on age of children and how many days you're there.

buildingmycorestrength Thu 11-Jul-13 09:39:36

We are going next year with overseas family, so keeping an eye on these tips!

2anddone Mon 05-Aug-13 23:23:15

Thinking of taking my dc aged 5 and 8 on my own later this year! Can 1 adult go to dlp easily with 2dc? Planning on driving and ferry, will take a buggy but can't remember if the majority of rides are 2 wearers or not!

squirkle Sun 01-Sep-13 22:52:51

2anddone I've done dlp on my own with 2 DC no problem. The majority of rides can fit 3 per car/row, but those that don't are the big thrill seeker rides (with height restrictions) so it would be assumed the riders are brave old enough to ride solo anyway.

Icantstopeatinglol Sun 01-Sep-13 22:59:32

Coach trips, I'm planning on going next year again with my 2 dc and dh. It's alot cheaper and the travelling is fine as long as you take things to entertain them. I think it's the flights that bump the price up. I think the coach companies get discount too, they also get discount on the shows etc so worth booking them through the coach companies too.
Mine will be 6 & 4 when we go and I can't wait!! It's alot cheaper! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now