Paris with toddlers- places to stay?

(7 Posts)
JerryLeadbetter Sun 17-Mar-13 16:37:06

DP and I are possibly looking to go to Paris via Eurostar in September with DS and DD who will then be 2.7 and 16 months. Stay will be for 2/3 days.

Can anyone please recommend a hotel that's not too expensive, but reasonable quality (we'll prob be spending most evenings there whilst kids asleep!)? We need really a family room with one double bed, 1 bed for DS and the hotel must provide travel cot for DD as don't want to lug ours around on train. Central location preferable.

Alternatively would love a cheap self-catering apartment, as this might work better with little ones, as child friendly as possible would be great!

Anyone know of any gems?

TIA grin

As child friendly as possible would obviously be disney. Eurostar goes straight there and they have a wilderness lodge cabin place for self catering too.

The area would be brilliant for kids but it's about 40 minutes from Paris centre.

There is a train station is Disney though, with direct links to Paris and there's direct buses as well. If you didn't want to go into parks the boardwalk bit is free to enter and has lots of food places, entertainment etc, you do get free tickets into parks if you stay in a Disney hotel though. A lovely non Disney one there was the Kyriad, I believe they have hotels in the centre of Paris as well and are child friendly.

I understand you might not want that as an option though!

And if you book 2 or 3 nights you'll get an extra 2 free! Sometimes the travel is free for kids too and they definitely stay free and sometimes get free meals.

Sorry if I sound like a travel agent trying to sell you here but it might be a good idea, with the included park tickets as well you could always take them into the extra magic hours in the morning before you go off into central Paris, might keep them happy!

electricgoldslide Mon 25-Mar-13 11:04:14

We've stayed in the ibis in Montmartre and its fine and reasonable. Rooms are small but they are always that way in Paris anyway. We had a double and a single bed in the room. Travel cots I'm not sure about though smile

LillianGish Mon 25-Mar-13 12:01:50

We always rent an apartment with These people. Much nicer to be in an apartment - you can take advantage of all the lovely markets etc and live like a Parisian. Decide which arrondisment you want to be in and check out what is available. Remember Paris is very small so nowhere is very far away wherever you stay and sometimes the less fashionable (cheaper!) arrondisments are more authentic.

Sorry to hijack thread but LillianGish can you recommend any particular appartments?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now