48 hours in Paris- essential sights to see

(5 Posts)
ijustwanttobeme Sun 10-Mar-13 18:30:59

Hi,

DP and I are on a Friday morning Eurostar, getting into Paris at 10am and we're booked into the Sofitel near La Defence. We leave early Sunday, so how much can we cram in?

Obviously the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, Arc de Triomphe, but what else that's maybe a bit more off the beaten track? Is the Palace of Versailles doable?

What's the best time to go to La Louvre or the Pompidou Centre?

Is there anything that really not worth it, eg: hideously overpriced just for tourists?

Money is a factor as we are doing this on a budget(ish) so if anyone knows good reasonably priced places to eat too.

fubbsy Mon 11-Mar-13 13:50:31

if you like art galleries, I would go to the Orsay museum. I love it there.

sashh Sat 20-Apr-13 05:17:43

I think the Louvre is free on Sundays - check. Do HOHO tourbus to get the main sights, some aree quite far apart, buy a map first and if anything looks interesting put a cross on the map so you can get back.

Barbie1 Sat 20-Apr-13 05:30:13

Download the timeout paris app for your phone. It will tell you near by attractions, restaurants and some cool shops etc. it will also point you in the direction and some 'off the beaten track ideas'

Palace of versilles will be quite a trek for you to be honest, I think you are better off staying central.

The weather here (Paris) looks good this weekend so enjoy!

Ps jardins du Luxembourg is really nice if you want to slow the pace down.

whosthis Wed 24-Apr-13 22:09:53

The roof of the Tour Montparnass at night, overlooking central Paris with a magic view full of lumière! You won't forget it ever again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now