Recommendations for weekend in Scotland

(5 Posts)
33goingon64 Wed 06-Mar-13 21:02:30

Birthday pressie from DH is 3 nights away together without DS. We both love walking and miss being able to set out up a Scottish mountain since having DS. Looking for somewhere we can get to within 1 hour from an airport (will hire a car), which has a special feel (budget up to £130 per night), which isn't so remote you can't get to a pub after a hard day's walking, and which isn't an impersonal hotel with 300 other guests. I love the Highlands so favour flying to Inverness. Ideas, please?

flyingcarpet Wed 06-Mar-13 21:17:08

In the trossachs national park not the highlands we had a lovely stay at monachyle mhor. The food is great.

33goingon64 Thu 07-Mar-13 07:15:01

Looks gorgeous flyingcarpet. Woweee, expensive though!

diabolo Wed 27-Mar-13 10:59:19

This place is utterly gorgeous. Expensive though if you stay in the main hotel. I don't know what the Inn accommodation is like. Gorgeous walking, scenery, near Applecross, Skye, Lochcarron. Beautiful rooms, stunning food

www.thetorridon.com/

Don't know if it matches all your criteria but my brother's wedding was here and it was blimmin gorgeous.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now