city break in next week or two please suggest somewhere to book one

(15 Posts)
Southwest Sun 17-Feb-13 19:19:48

Ive got the chance to take a city break in the next week or two (long story) it needs to be cheap (so it is looking unlikely I will get to go anywhere) because I cant find anything.

tried easyjet website and all too expensive

can anyone suggest a suitable place to look?
thanks

Does it have to be abroad?

Bath is a fantastic city for a weekend break. Or Edinburgh.

Have you thought about Eurostar to Bruges?

Southwest Mon 18-Feb-13 18:23:46

Yeah
I've been to all those places and want somewhere different

Thanks anyway

Waswondering Mon 18-Feb-13 18:25:13

Lastminute.com? They do secret hotels that you can choose the star rating of.

Can you get a flight to Dublin?

EldonAve Thu 21-Feb-13 13:46:18

Superbreaks may be worth a look

midoriway Thu 21-Feb-13 14:11:16

give us a budget and a departure airport, and lets see what we can dig up.

Southwest Thu 21-Feb-13 22:13:52

Thanks guys departure airport London south east or east midlands all fine would prefer not gatwick or south end unless it is. Areal deal since they are the furthest

Just been to Dublin in dec had a great time but it is a bit of a party city and I will be by myself

I'm sounding like a spoilt child sorry I never go away but got invited to a big party in dec and thought why not......

Barcelona is a lovely city & lots to see. Ryan air do flights from east midlands.

BanjoPlayingTiger Thu 21-Feb-13 22:22:25

Can you get to Leipzig from there? Leipzig is an amazing city with so much culture and history.

Southwest Thu 21-Feb-13 22:38:23

Funnily enough I just mispronounced Leipzig my Mum put me right

That is mad - I wouldn't have thought of Dublin as a party city at all - and I live there smile

Would Cork or Belfast or Galway be more your thing?
Cork airport is served by Aer Lingus, RyanAir & Jet2.com
Galway would probably be served by arrivals to Shannon Airport and Aer Lingus and RyanAir would be your airlines there.
Belfast International Airport - EasyJet flys out of London Southend if that is of any use to you
Belfast (George Best Airport) - FlyBe and Aer Lingus would probably be your airlines then.

Ireland has so much to offer - genuinely. Its not all Temple Bar and hen/stag nights. There is loads to do, oodles to see, places to go and you would have a great time.

Southwest Fri 22-Feb-13 23:13:50

Oh no please dont be offended, never been to Dublin on hen do.

when I have been I've been with friends and just had a really nice time going out, I will be by myself this weekend and so just imagined somewhere a bit more 'sedate' IYSWIM

Although having said that I can get reasonable flights to Madrid so Ive discovered and am now thinking about that......
thanks for your help

Southwest Fri 22-Feb-13 23:15:31

sorry just to clarify I know Madrid isnt sedate I missed off a few exclamation marks!!!!!!

No offence taken, I just never thought of it as a party city to be honest. Enjoy your weekend away.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now