South of Ireland Luxury Hotels???? Please

(7 Posts)

I would think that Brooklodge has gone down in quality over the past few years so if you're thinking of staying outside of Dublin (as in Wicklow) I'd recommend for pure WOW factor - the Ritz Carlton in Powerscourt. Either there or Druids Glen. Both modern hotels with modern facilities and are really lovely hotels.
If you're planning on staying in Dublin, I'd recommend either The Four Seasons hotel in Ballsbridge (near the Aviva stadium/Landsdown Road) or the Merrion Hotel (nearer to the city centre) any of these:
The Gibson Hotel (beside the O2 Arena/Point Depot)
The Westbury Hotel - just off Grafton Street (nice shopping area)
The Westin Hotel - very near to O'Connell Bridge, Trinity college & the centre of Dublin

Hope that helps.

chubbymomie2012 Fri 15-Feb-13 06:26:12

Thanks peeps will look at all3. X

ChippyMinton Thu 14-Feb-13 19:01:14

Can second Brooklodge - great food, beautiful countryside. We were also there for a wedding.

VBisme Thu 14-Feb-13 18:58:24

The Merrion - perfect!

cilldara Thu 14-Feb-13 18:57:53

The Merrion. It is fantastic.

Gooseysgirl Thu 14-Feb-13 18:56:58

Any of my friends that want a night or two of luxury in Dublin stay at the Four Seasons in Ballsbridge. I've been to a wedding a few years ago in Brook Lodge hotel and spa in Co. Wicklow, also fab but outside of Dublin.

chubbymomie2012 Thu 14-Feb-13 18:48:16

I'm trying to book a 2 night stay in a luxury hotel in or around the Dublin area can anyone suggest anywhere please. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now