Cheap accomodation in central Paris?

(7 Posts)

I'm looking for somewhere for our family of four to stay in Paris for a long weekend in May. Either a hotel or B&B that can accomodate all of us in one room or an appartment. Needs to be as cheap as possible but not horrible!

Numberlock Thu 24-Jan-13 16:30:12

Do you have a budget? Accommodation in Paris is notoriously expensive (and small).

Does it have to be in the centre?

No, don't have a budget - will just see how much it all costs and then decide if we can afford it!

The children are quite young (7 & 3) and we'll only be there for a couple of days so would prefer not to spend too much time on the Metro.

Have found this hotel which has quad rooms from 90 Euros but I hardly know Paris and have got no idea where this hotel is. Don't want to end up anywhere dodgy so was hoping for recommendations.

3KidsFrannie Thu 28-Feb-13 22:44:34

We've just booked a couple of nights in paris at an Ibis hotel.....it's was 43e a night for a triple room. As a family of five we had to book two rooms.
I did an extensive search for cheap hotels and we weren't fussed about being not completely central. So it's a metro ride away (montreuil to the east) but for two days I don't mind. We're on a very tight budget and I reckon we will literally be going to the hotel to sleep. We also had to have somewhere to park the car as we are coming direct from Disneyland (sorry for all the people out there who think it's horrendous but we love it....albeit in small doses).
Our children are 11, 9 and 5. They are also running a 10e off per night during the school holidays on a few ibis hotels.
Novotel was more expensive but they say kids under 16 stay free in the room so if you've got a bigger budget than us, might be worth a look.
Hope that helps.......basically if you can't get a personal recommendation of a small independent hotel, then at least you sort of know what you're getting with a chain.....though it won't be charm I suspect!!!!

chicaguapa Thu 28-Feb-13 22:48:09

Have a look here Paris Autrement They are very central at a reasonable cost. We stayed in Fou de Toit with DC but they had to share a bed.

cassell Thu 28-Feb-13 22:53:15

OP - I'd have a look at the trip advisor reviews for that hotel you found - some funny ones but don't think I would be staying there grin.

We stayed here once and it was quite reasonably priced for Paris and the rooms were a decent size (again for Paris!). Not the closest in but pretty quick on the metro - depends what part of Paris you want to get to.

suzieiswaitingforsnow Fri 01-Mar-13 10:17:40

Hello - Try centreparis.com we have used them twice and have stayed at Temple apartments (they have different numbers in the same building Temple 1,2,3, etc). I think we stayed Temple 5? It is the one with sep bedroom and sofa bed in sitting room. Apartment was great - kitchen well equipped and it had a large shower room and then sepeate loo - which isgreat for when kids are desperate for the loo. I remember it could take up to 5 as there was a fold up bed available.

Really reasonable - think we paid 70 euros a night last time - we negotiated down a bit as they wanted us to pay for a cleaning kit and we said felt bit much. They were really helpful. Apartment on road with bakery, places to eat etc - very much a lived in area - but no problems at all. Apartment windows are at back of building so was quiet. Just across road from Place de Republique. Have a look on their website - they have lots in similar price range - we will be using them later this year as suited our needs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now