What's a good alternative to disneyland?

(10 Posts)
zumo Sun 10-Feb-13 20:44:50

Nothing comes close to Disney

fatballerina Sun 03-Feb-13 15:26:07

Efteling in the Netherlands looks amazing!

www.efteling.com/

curlycat Sun 27-Jan-13 21:02:14

If you want to go abroad then port aventura in salou is fantastic. Great for all ages. Warner brothers themed so characters wandering about and a fab procession and firework display every night

mwasc Sat 26-Jan-13 12:11:15

Legoland for me too. Had a fabulous time there. Hoping to go with our tesco vouchers again this yr kids are 8 and 6 now but went 3 yrs ago. LOOOOOOOOved it!

Just realised that all of this makes our children sound v.spoiled. hmm

We have also had an amazing day at Legoland. It was the Star Wars day and all four of our children dressed up.

It depends on their ages.

We took the older two to Alton Towers for the weekend, stayed in the hotel, went to the waterpark etc, for their 12th and 10th birthdays. It was brilliant. The staff were polite and helpful, the rides were great, we had a wonderful time.

We took the younger two to Disneyland Paris for their 5th birthdays and it was lovely because the magic was still real for them.

mummymeister Sat 26-Jan-13 12:03:25

We took our 3 to Alton Towers for the weekend. stayed on site and had one day in the water park and 2 on the rides. However as bluecarrot says ask which they would sooner go back to and its disneyland everytime i am afraid.

bluecarrot Tue 22-Jan-13 23:06:24

Im not entirely sure anything really compares because its not the rides, its the characters and endless plugging that make it "special" and "magic" ( I HATE Disney).

However, if your kids are hmm. 9 and under, Id say legoland is a great place.

What do your kids like?

babanouche Tue 22-Jan-13 22:51:26

Disneyland's a bit pricey we but want somewhere that will knock the kids socks off. Any ideas?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now