Leeds or Harrogate

(8 Posts)
bekind Fri 15-Feb-13 06:50:13

I took our kids to the Armouries, it's an amazing museum with plenty to interest both ages, it's full of wonderful history and was so much more exciting than I expected. It's in the centre of Leeds so easy to get to. Hotels would prob be cheaper in Leeds because you have more budget brands available. Taking the half hour trip on the train to Harrogate takes you thru a bit of countryside, and yes Harrogate itself is a lot more scenic than Leeds.

Southeastdweller Mon 14-Jan-13 16:36:07

It's about half an hour as I recall.

Make sure you try Betty's (but get there early if you can).

maggiethecat Mon 14-Jan-13 10:11:59

Have booked train into Leeds. How long would it take to get into Harrogate by train/bus?

There will be more to do in Leeds but Harrogate is much, much nicer. Public transport is decent enough in Harrogate and good in Leeds. How about spending Saturday in Leeds then catching the train to Harrogate for a hotel in Harrogate, then spending Sunday in Harrogate? Or vice versa?

maggiethecat Sat 12-Jan-13 23:51:16

Any more suggestions for things to do in either place?

maggiethecat Mon 07-Jan-13 00:54:21

Want to have a look around but will have to pitch things suitable for 9 and 6 year olds. On budget so won't be doing high tea. Scenic is probably what I'm more after.

Also won't have car so is public transport in both places fairly good?

ILikeWhisperingToo Mon 07-Jan-13 00:30:28

It depends what kinds of things you like doing smile
High expensive tea in Betty's, Harrogate
Vs
Royal Armories (huge, free) in Leeds
etc etc ...

maggiethecat Mon 07-Jan-13 00:25:33

Need to be in Harewood, Yorkshire in a couple of weeks. Will go down on Saturday morning and leave Sunday late afternoon for an event that dd will attend.

Could travel in to Leeds or Harrogate and wonder which would be the nicer place to stay for our family of 4.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now