10 yr wedding anniversary weekend away - where should we go?

(14 Posts)
nowwearefour Sun 06-Jan-13 20:32:17

it is towards the end of sept. We would like some sunshine, to be near some water, ideally to be able to do some walking and some cafe culture. we are wondering about the south of france but open to other ideas in europe. budget top top £1500 for 4 nights. any suggestions - where have you been?

hermioneweasley Sun 06-Jan-13 20:33:08

Istanbul

nowwearefour Sun 06-Jan-13 20:36:39

an idea - thanks hermione. any walking near there?

notnowImreading Sun 06-Jan-13 20:41:07

Essaouira - north-west coast of Morocco. Beautiful, sunny, sandy beach but too windy for sunbathing really. Lovely old town with a craft market and a harbour with fabulous fish stalls. Great trekking in the high Atlas about two hours drive away. Lots of lovely hotels and riads. Try Villa Maroc, v old school, v glamorous in a pre-war sort of way.

Rache1S Sun 06-Jan-13 20:56:26

Venice. Should be absolutely lovely at the end of Sept and not as stupidly hot and busy as the Summer. Loads of cafes, bars, restaurants and a great place to walk around. Absolutely perfect for 3/4 days. I would recommend getting a water bus over to the Lido at some point as well as the beach there is gorgeous. Try to avoid the days the massive cruise ships are in town though.

Rindercella Sun 06-Jan-13 20:57:53

Barcelona. Fabulous city.

nowwearefour Sun 06-Jan-13 20:59:05

Anyone familiar with menorca or Corsica for walking?

Pickles77 Sun 06-Jan-13 21:04:14

The hoste arms- burnham market.

I've no doubt you'd love it. Amazing walks, gorgeous village, amazing spa, fantastic food and service. Great afternoon teas. Lovely beach.

Please check it out, I wish I could live there wink

Pickles77 Sun 06-Jan-13 21:04:48

Oops sorry you were looking abroad blush

PoppyWearer Sun 06-Jan-13 21:11:42

Venice or Barcelona

nowwearefour Mon 07-Jan-13 13:51:43

Bump

Ruthiebabes Tue 08-Jan-13 18:09:05

We stayed in the Hotel Suisse in Nice for our 10th anniversary last Sept. We absolutely loved it.

We had a 5th floor room with a balcony overlooking the sea.

Nice is lovely, we had great weather.

We took the bus out and about.. went to Villefranche and St Jean Cap Ferrat. Amazing scenery.

Enjoy wherever you decide.

Littlefish Tue 08-Jan-13 18:12:05

Barcelona! Gorgeous city, great shopping, delicious food and drink, sunshine, lots of places to walk to. We went there for our 10th wedding anniversary and it was perfect.

nowwearefour Tue 08-Jan-13 18:12:22

Thanks Ruthie

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now