where to take teenagers for a w/end break we can all enjoy?

(31 Posts)
triplets Mon 19-Nov-12 00:03:49

Had an awful year and dreading Christmas. Would like to get away between Christmas and New Year. Prob in UK has dh has cancer. Not CP, something abit different..................any ideas please?

achillea Fri 23-Nov-12 11:18:35

I suggested the horses thing (not a personal recommendation, poorboy) because you mentioned that they like animals. How about talking to your family, writing a list of priorities and a budget and then we can see how to help?

I don't know about you but organising holidays takes me hours and hours, quite an exhausting process in itself, especially when you have to consider everyone's needs and it's all your fault if it's not right. If you get the others involved they can take some responsibility?

cece's sporty link looks ideal - a cheap version of centreparks, but it all depends on what you call cheap!

iamjustapoorboy Fri 23-Nov-12 16:08:12

Thanks, Achillea.

OP, just remembered that Drusilla's Zoo is near Brighton, if you go there - like all zoos it's not ever so cheap but it is nice.

triplets Fri 23-Nov-12 22:44:38

Well, the trio are insisting they don`t want to be away for Christmas Day/Boxing Day. Trouble is they say that, we will be here on our own, no family here this year. I lost my lovely Mum in July and can`t bear the thought of it all atm. I have been looking forward to this coming w/end as my dh and I are going to his nieces 40th party in Hertfordshire and staying o/night in a hotel. My brother was having the two boys and my dd was staying with a friend. Well, one of my boys has been in bed all day, temp, dizzy generally unwell, then tonight the friends mum phoned to say my dd can`t stay as her dd has the bug too! So feeling abit fed up, I get exhausted shuffling everyone around! If I could find a nice cottage that had a pool and maybe a hot tub that would be bliss. Tried forestholidays but they have nothing left at any location for the w/end of the 28th. Its the worst time to try and go away!!

Iamjustapoorboy Fri 23-Nov-12 23:20:09

Oh, no. You poor thing, you have got so much to contend with. Wish I could help more. sad

BNmum Wed 28-Nov-12 21:50:46

I'm afraid i haven't got a hot suggestion but we escape to Lower Mill at Cotswold water park every year and find it's the ideal place to unwind and recharge the batteries. It's beautiful and a lovely safe environment for the kids who can swim on site, play tennis and cycle (there's also parks and tramplines for the younger ones). The onsite spa would be lovely for you and hubby to swim, use the sauna or have a treatment. There's some lovely gentle strolls around the site and fab country pubs to enjoy. I can't wait to go back there. Good luck in your search!

triplets Fri 28-Dec-12 23:45:26

Well we are still here! Since I last posted I have had the Norovirus, took me a full 10 days to recover! So now I am still looking for ideas for a w/end in Jan their 15h birthday, and half term in Feb and poss the summer hols. Looking for something really different in Europe or England!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now