New Year in Europe

(8 Posts)
SorrelForbes Tue 23-Oct-12 21:50:23

Ok, DH and I had a wonderful NYE in Salzburg two years ago. Can anyone recommend somewhere else we could visit this year that a) won't bankrupt us, b) had some interesting things to do/see and c) isn't party central. We had thought of Krakow but I've read reviews about the massive party in the centre and that put us off the idea!

givemeaclue Tue 30-Oct-12 13:24:49

Yes, Palma in Majorca , fireworks at midnight in central plaza, home sight seeing, may be warm enough to sit outside with some tapas in day (still cold at night)

Copenhagen also good but much colder and gets drake earlier. Crazy for fireworks they are there!

hotelsincavan Fri 02-Nov-12 07:05:54

Many hotels and resorts are there in Europe to enjoy holiday breaks and to celebrate new year. These hotels attracts several tourists with their beauty and amazing facilities and give a chance to enjoy with full of excitement.

mummymeister Thu 22-Nov-12 17:55:51

We went to amsterdam for new year and it was fantastic - fire crackers up the side of buildings lots of noise and generally very jolly.

SorrelForbes Thu 22-Nov-12 18:00:19

Thanks all for your suggestions. After much deliberation we've booked to go to Vienna by train (sleeper). Should be fun!

givemeaclue Mon 26-Nov-12 13:56:08

Great! Report back!

Thaddeus Sat 01-Dec-12 21:49:29

Great choice Sorrel :-)

I live in Vienna (but will be in London at NY!). The centre becomes very full, but a great atmosphere. From early afternoon on the 31st you can wander round a route of different events and even learn to do the Viennese Waltz smile

If you google Silvester Wien 2012 you can find the events (just in case you don't know, though having been to Salzburg you probably do, Silvester is the name given to NYE here).

The big countdown is on packed Stephansplatz at midnight.

PROSIT NEUJAHR smile

lapsedorienteerer Thu 20-Dec-12 20:32:04

SorrelF - am envy about your Vienna NYE as used to live there......enjoy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now