Weekend away to celebrate a big birthday! Massive help needed!

(12 Posts)
Karbea Sat 06-Oct-12 21:21:57

a few of my friends all have a big birthday next year and we've decided to all go away for a long weekend. I'd like some options please.

We want to go in November and don't really want to spend more than £1000 pp inc spending money. We want it to be a really glam weekend, nice hotels, restaurants, I'd like some spa treatments ;)

One friend really wants to go to NYC but I just think we'll be stretching our budget too far.

Anyone any good ideas? HELP!!!

mummymeister Sun 07-Oct-12 09:46:57

We went to bath and booked in at bath spa for lots of treatments. open air pool on a cold winters day was fantastic. Not sure i would want to go to NYC in the winter as it would be just as cold as here and not much fun trudging around shopping in the snow. what about dubai or somewhere warmer?

PuppyMonkey Sun 07-Oct-12 09:49:10

NYC near Christmas - wow. No brainer for me. Although I haven't been on a plane since 1998 as too scared now.sad

Karbea Sun 07-Oct-12 09:57:34

Dubai is on the list but I've been with my DH and it was probably the most expensive hols we've ever had, plus it's really only sun isn't it, not much else to do really...

I worry we will end up having to do NYC on a budget and it'll end up being a bit of a compromise :S

Hopeforever Sun 07-Oct-12 10:07:45

We went to Bath as our last trp before kids arrived, it would be fab in November.

There is a lovely hotel on the Royal Cresent with spa, close enough to the shops and historic sights

7to25 Sun 07-Oct-12 10:09:55

Venice.
Spooky, misty and great for culture, food etc

CalamityJones Sun 07-Oct-12 10:50:23

Marrakech? Cheap flights so you could spend more on a fabulous hotel, there are wonderful spas and great places to eat.

Karbea Sun 07-Oct-12 11:35:01

The girls want to go 'away' I myself would love bath. I'd love Marrakech too, but apparently a couple of the girls went recently and in a Market one of the girls had a man wipe his willy on her??? Anyway so that's out too.

Karbea Sun 07-Oct-12 11:36:06

Won't Venice be all romantic couples? Quite a few of my girlfriends are single I reckon they'd be anti there too sad oh it's hard!

QueefLatina Sun 07-Oct-12 11:42:14

Budapest is lovely. They have natural thermal baths there and it's great to sit out in them when it's cold.

cheerup Tue 09-Oct-12 13:51:38

nyc in winter is blooming freezing in winter also, why not save the money you would have spent getting there and spend it on doing nicer things closer to home. bath for me too &, if its all about the luxury, Dubai would seem to fit the bill (and it's warm!)

Wingedharpy Thu 11-Oct-12 01:28:41

What about Barcelona?
Nice shops, beautiful architecture and lots to see round and about.
It's not too far to fly so you won't waste half your time getting there and, if you book resonably early, you can get cheap flights, leaving more money to spend on your hotel choice and treating yourselves.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now