Nice restaurants in London

(8 Posts)

Argh....should have checked the date.

Nice plug Will hmm

....and that all took bloody ages on my phone.

As soon as this wriggly little baby is old enough I want to go here - spice market

gilgamesh is also brilliant, food and cocktails are awesome and the interior is breathtaking but not stuffy. There is a bar and I think a club in another part on some nights.

The best food I have ever had is galvin at windows but it it is a bit more stuffy and dining experience than fun night out.

WillGarcia Wed 02-Jan-13 03:52:28

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

PoppadomPreach Tue 25-Sep-12 19:19:06

I love Bam-bou at end of Charlotte street. French/ Vietnamise. It's part of group which owns The Ivy but to my mind it is better.

And the Charlotte street hotel is a stone's throw away - it serves fab (though pricey) cocktails!

I want to go now!

chestnut100 Tue 25-Sep-12 19:14:35

I can really recommend artisan at the westbury hotel. You can get a really reasonably priced set menu if you book via top table. However, you are always served little extra courses, so your three courses end up being about 7. It is a real gem of a place, and do the best Sunday lunch in London, in my opinion. Have seen a few celebs there too.

chestnut100 Tue 25-Sep-12 19:12:45

I can really recommend artisan at the westbury hotel. You can get a really reasonably priced set menu if you book via top table. However, you are always served little extra courses, so your three courses end up being about 7. It is a real gem of a place, and do the best Sunday lunch in London, in my opinion. Have seen a few celebs there too.

Heebiejeebie Tue 25-Sep-12 19:04:05

Nobu at the Metropolitan or Berkeley square, Joel Robuchon, Hakkasan or Zuma are all nearby, but pretty pricey.

lem73 Wed 19-Sep-12 16:49:01

My husband and I are going away for a short break in London without the kids next week (first time since no 3 arrived four years ago!). We've decided to go midweek when the kids are in school and so will be a bit distracted. Does anyone have any suggestions for a 'nice' restaurant to eat where we can get dressed up nicely for a change, perhaps a little bit trendy and a bit of atmosphere. I think we're staying near Hyde Park.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now