Nice family hotel with pool central London

(8 Posts)
EverlongYouAreGoldAndOrange Tue 18-Sep-12 16:42:15

Thinking for oct half term.. 4 or 5 star in good location.

Does anybody have any suggestions please?

MildlyMonica Thu 27-Sep-12 17:06:51

Marriott County Hall - stayed last Jan and it was fab - great view of BIg Ben and the London eye passes your hotel room!

Earlybird Thu 27-Sep-12 17:12:01
Earlybird Thu 27-Sep-12 17:15:19
Cartoonjane Thu 27-Sep-12 17:18:01

One Aldwych. It's opposite Waterloo Bridge right near Covent Garden. We have styed there many times often with DD.. Lovely pool, really lovely hotel in great location. They have an offer on for families at th moment too.....still not cheap though.

Earlybird Thu 27-Sep-12 17:22:03

The Rembrandt Hotel in Knightsbridge also has a pool in their health spa:

www.sarova.com/aquilla/pool/#.UGR8MELfwso

I think swim lessons are held here regularly though, so you'd want to check that the pool is always available to guests.

Earlybird Thu 27-Sep-12 17:31:48

One final place to consider (obviously this is one of those quirky subjects I know a good deal about!):

www.dolphinsquare.co.uk/square/

This is a central, yet 'tucked away' location. Good transport links - very close to Pimlico tube, frequent buses to Victoria and beyond, etc.

zanz1bar Sun 30-Sep-12 21:02:40

Can highly recommend here

Ok it's not bang in the centre but its right next door to the museum of childhood and the tube is only a few stops to Oxford street.

On the plus side the rooms are huge, with interconnecting appartments ( a seperate room for the kids, and some privacy from them)fully fitted kitchens with washing machines,but boutique modernist luxury.
great big pool
Really excellent breakfast.
A cocktail trolley comes to your room at five pm!

Have also tried no.1 aldwych which wins on central location, and the pool has underwater music. It's a lot more expensive though.

I have very umm active/noisy 7 and 9 year olds and I felt a lot more comfortable at the Town Hall, less like they were ruining someone's special peaceful holiday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now